Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm 
What about security for the message boards? Google has been saying this site is unsafe for ages now. Is there an update available or what?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 pm 
thancock wrote:
I am trying to find all of the old Defender's shield comments--is there anywhere they are all in one place? is it the D20+ blog?

Hmm…good question. I don't know of any one place where all the "shield" comments are collected in one place—it doesn't appear to be the D20+ blog.

thancock wrote:
I also noticed that the links for the art in the blog is broken.

Oh, you mean the blog post for December 16th, Some Closing 2018 Thoughts? You're right: there should be an image hosted at https://static.sluggy.com/images/newsim ... ki2018.png, but it doesn't appear to exist.

thancock wrote:
Is the compendium meant to have something in it?

You know, I don't know whether I ever visited the The Compendium before, but you're right again: I always get a "page not found" error.

Spirantz wrote:
What about security for the message boards? Google has been saying this site is unsafe for ages now. Is there an update available or what?

Yeah, that would be nice. The way things stand at the moment, all message board traffic is sent "in the clear" (i.e. unencrypted) and can be sniffed by anyone sharing a Wi-Fi network with you (à la Firesheep) as well as any third party that processes/routes the network packets sent between your computer and the Sluggy message board servers. Now that Let's Encrypt has made domain-verified SSL certificates available for free, there isn't a financial downside associated with switching to HTTPS anymore and it certainly seems like the right thing to do.

While I'm here, would it be possible to also request email notifications for new D20+ blog posts? I don't check the D20+ blog that often, so it would be nice to be told whenever something new has been posted there.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 pm 
Kick Pete into writing a sentence or two. Or just remove this page and rename it to something like Resources. Because that's what's in here. There's no About.

http://sluggy.com/about

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm 
I hate to say this, folks, but you're wasting your time. I believe that Captain20+ or whoever it is, has moved on and no longer exists. And Pete won't check Sluggy Chat.

Since there are several outstanding issues on this thread, the last time I had a minor issue with NiftySearch, I PM'd C20+ (turns out NiftySearch never did get moved over to the new site) and Pete responded to the PM. Since C20+ checked out quite some time ago, this thread is pretty much useless.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 am 
kinda figured that, but it was small enough to warrant a shot!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:49 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
So the site I use to host my avatar is throttling my bandwidth because I'm using too much, so I tried to delete my avatar since it seems to be the reason I'm over the limit only to find that I can't.

Can the powers that be help a fella out?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Dodger77 wrote:
So the site I use to host my avatar is throttling my bandwidth because I'm using too much, so I tried to delete my avatar since it seems to be the reason I'm over the limit only to find that I can't.

So you checked the box under the image, then pressed submit, but it won't delete? If so, you could also try uploading your avatar to this site as long as it's under 210px and 977 KB. That should stop it from pinging the host site.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:

So you checked the box under the image, then pressed submit, but it won't delete? If so, you could also try uploading your avatar to this site as long as it's under 210px and 977 KB. That should stop it from pinging the host site.

Yes. I suspect it has something to do with the fact the the image link url keeps repopulating even if I manually delete it before I submit. (I tried both deleting that url manually and just leaving it there. I forgot that uploading directly to sluggy.net is an option again. I'll try that...)

edit: There we go! I've uploaded the avatar to sluggy now. I think the remote avatar link was repopulating because there's a drop down where you select between gravatar, remote avatar, or upload avatar and I was leaving it on remote avatar. I wonder if deleting it would have worked if I had selected upload instead of leaving it on remote. Oh well I'm too lazy to figure that out =P

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:17 am 
Starting yesterday the strip itself and many images on this site flat out won't load, like it took me a while to even find the button to post this. I changed nothing.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:41 pm 
maslego wrote:
Starting yesterday the strip itself and many images on this site flat out won't load, like it took me a while to even find the button to post this. I changed nothing.

Well, it's been working just fine - and normally - for me.

But if you're looking for tech help, Pete's tech help flew the coop a long time ago - no one monitors this thread (at least no one that can help from Pete's end...)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:54 am 
If the site completely broke, and no image shows, just add this line:
Code:
@@.pagespeed.ce.

To "My Filters" in your adblocker.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:53 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
Code:
@@.pagespeed.ce.

That fixed everything!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:25 am 
maslego wrote:
VcSaJen wrote:
Code:
@@.pagespeed.ce.

That fixed everything!

What sorcery is this?? Worked for me, too!
I guess I never updated the hundreds of lines of filters on this other PC....

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:55 pm 
Dear Llefser and/or Almighty Admin Wile E,

There's a low but non zero chance you guys are using my photobucket account to host your avatars. If so, do you mind stopping? So I can remove them from the gallery? I can email you hard copies if you'd like. I suggest uploading the avatar directly to the Sluggy Server.

Thanks.

-Dodger77

POOF!
*Returns to Relative Obscurity*

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Hoping it's still the valid thread to report issues, on the top of the profile page https://sluggy.com/profile/
there is no green light for chapter 53 (book 17). It jump straight from Chapter 52 (book 17) to chapter 54 (book 18)

(no need to count or click on the green lights to check it, the chapter number appear if you mouse-over)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat