Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Riff & Oasis
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:56 pm 
Something jackal59 said...
jackal59 wrote:
Given that Montgomery (right?) was going to offer the government information on HC--and, I assume, HC's tech--in exchange for immunity, what Oasis just did completed the job she started by burning the station. Information lives in brains as well as on drives. That doesn't appear to be Oasis's motive, but it is a result.

That sounds like the way that Riff's mind would work. Would he really have thought to torch the station, but not those that hold the knowledge to start with (specifically Dr. Montgomery)?

I was actually initially surprised to see Polsk and Sasha/Kusari on the Silver Awl and not with the gang. Which group would they have preferred to evacuate with? Their "fellow" hC personnel? Or the gang? Shankraft and Daiyu went with the gang - I would have thought that Sasha would have chosen to continue to try to wiggle back into the gang's good graces. At least that seems that was the direction she/they were heading towards once on the station... Is it possible that Riff directed them to go onto the Silver Awl? Is it possible that partly using the rationale that jackal59 used he talked Oasis into torching the Silver Awl rather than Oasis deciding for herself to do so? She likely felt some satisfaction in revenging Feng's death, but did she think to do that on her own? In their altercations it always felt like Kusari trying to destroy Oasis and Oasis merely defending herself, rather than Oasis ever seeking revenge. That is, that motive never appeared to have surfaced previously.

Somehow it feels right that someone who tried so many times to destroy Aylee and then Sam would have decided that Sasha needed to go. Permanently.

Just sayin'...

Post subject: Re: Riff & Oasis
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 am 
swmartian wrote:
Somehow it feels right that someone who tried so many times to destroy Aylee and then Sam would have decided that Sasha needed to go. Permanently.

Just sayin'...

I think it depends on what mental box Riff has put Sasha in. Monster or Traitor. Monsters are pursued.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat