Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: Chaz and Oasis
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
Strip-finders, have we had any evidence that people cut in the Dimension of Nifty have been deemed *not* innocent? I'm pretty sure *everything* that Torg's cut has come up with glowy-Chaz ever since he's returned from the DoL. Or maybe there were folk in Tunisia that wouldn't power the sword?

I'm wondering if Chaz might have a high bar for innocence... or perhaps mortals/humans will automatically trigger his powers.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:06 pm 
Alecat wrote:
Strip-finders, have we had any evidence that people cut in the Dimension of Nifty have been deemed *not* innocent? I'm pretty sure *everything* that Torg's cut has come up with glowy-Chaz ever since he's returned from the DoL. Or maybe there were folk in Tunisia that wouldn't power the sword?

I'm wondering if Chaz might have a high bar for innocence... or perhaps mortals/humans will automatically trigger his powers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". Torg doesn't go around cutting things - Chaz warned him that could be dangerous, and Torg treats Chaz with the appropriate respect. Even in Tunisia, he tests Chaz not by cutting, but by dripping... And note that the test was unsuccessful...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:27 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
Thanks for finding that strip. Scrolling up, I'd been primarily thinking of this instance as the major one where we saw Chaz activate in the DoN.

We did find out recently that Chaz can activate in a way that's not obvious to Torg, as when he spoke up here. But I'm going to assume that had he powered up in Tunisia he would have spoken up then too.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:14 pm 
Alecat wrote:
We did find out recently that Chaz can activate in a way that's not obvious to Torg, as when he spoke up here. But I'm going to assume that had he powered up in Tunisia he would have spoken up then too.

No, Chaz powered up normally there. As Torg says, Oasis was bleeding from a cut that Chaz did not produce, but it was a way that he could take that blood and place it on Chaz. Chaz was annoyed at being used as a sandwich slicer, so he was giving Torg the silent treatment. Torg assumed that meant that Oasis' blood was not innocent, but Chaz couldn't keep quiet for long... The part that was dubious there to me, was that Chaz apparently did not glow immediately after contacting Oasis' blood. It is one thing for Chaz to choose not to speak, can he/she also choose not to power-up or glow in the process?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Alecat wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". Torg doesn't go around cutting things - Chaz warned him that could be dangerous, and Torg treats Chaz with the appropriate respect. Even in Tunisia, he tests Chaz not by cutting, but by dripping... And note that the test was unsuccessful...

Also remember that Chaz was Lord Torgamous' sword, and being the sword of a warlord was probably used on a lot of people, yet there is no indication that anyone knew of its power.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
Also remember that Chaz was Lord Torgamous' sword, and being the sword of a warlord was probably used on a lot of people, yet there is no indication that anyone knew of its power.

That's very interesting.

I still think the idea that Chaz "tastes" the target's blood (viewing their life history) in order the magically apply his wielder's definition of innocence to the target could be a nifty story device. Perhaps Lord Torgamous somehow held the belief that no one was innocent regardless of their actions in life, thus making the sword inert for him?

Conversely, someone who was a complete monster might hold the belief that everyone was innocent in comparison to the atrocities that they personally had committed, allowing a really evil person to get the innocent blood powerup from almost anyone they killed with the sword.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:
That's very interesting.

I still think the idea that Chaz "tastes" the target's blood (viewing their life history) in order the magically apply his wielder's definition of innocence to the target could be a nifty story device. Perhaps Lord Torgamous somehow held the belief that no one was innocent regardless of their actions in life, thus making the sword inert for him?

Conversely, someone who was a complete monster might hold the belief that everyone was innocent in comparison to the atrocities that they personally had committed, allowing a really evil person to get the innocent blood powerup from almost anyone they killed with the sword.

Wow, that is quite disturbing to imagine. I wonder what Chaz's reaction to that kind of master would be. Sometimes I feel like, inspite of being annoyed with Torg, he takes some pleasure in the condescension toward Torg.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm 
Chaz has been powered up for quite a while. How long can he be powered up for? Is it fighting that takes the power out of him, and if he doesn't fight, he doesn't power down?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat