Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Retirement plotlines
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:50 pm 
Since Pete said that only some lose threads would be resolved on the retirement date, which do you think it will be?
Of cause the ultimate fate of
Oasis
Hereti-corps
Dr. Schlock

But what else?

Post subject: Re: Retirement plotlines
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:19 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
migB wrote:
But what else?
I think Ocean's Unmoving will get left hanging. We've also seen naught from the DoP in almost a decade, so i think that plotline's either dead or will be left hanging.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:52 pm 
gregnier wrote:
migB wrote:
But what else?
I think Ocean's Unmoving will get left hanging. We've also seen naught from the DoP in almost a decade, so i think that plotline's either dead or will be left hanging.

The DoP was brought back when Riff concluded that a victory for the Dim Sum Henchmen of Pang would have brought a DoP fate for nifty prime.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I wouldn't say the DoP was left hanging. Their storyline had a satisfying conclusion with Psych(osis) being promoted to Demon Lord and him closing the book on Torg.

Oceans Unmoving on the other hand is definitely a dangling plotline and unlikely to be resolved in the next year.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:50 am 
Oceans Unmoving is due. Pete did a book bonus story and hinted at OU3 a few months back

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:12 am 
At this point, the fates of Hereti-Corp and Schlock are tied to OU almost inextricably. It'd be surprising to not see an OU3 before retirement.

That said, I think we're in for a surprise, because I don't think he's going to do OU3. He has about a year left. OU3 would have to be really short, if he intends to wrap up Hereti-Corp and Schlock, because that storyline won't be short at all.

Unless, of course, it doesn't end the way I'm almost positive most of us expect it will, with the gang stopping Schlock.

I don't think he's going to resolve Oasis' story, though. Because she's indirectly tied to Mokhadun and K'Z'K, and that's not where the strip is right now, aside from Gwynn and Cappy Bo.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 pm 
He said years ago that he wanted to do an OU graphic novel after he finished Sluggy. So if OU3 happens, my bet is it'll happen ever he wraps up Sluggy.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:29 am 
There's no way he's touching Oceans Unmoving again before a year is up. I don't even think he'll get to the third of the supposed three chapters he has left. Oceans Unmoving 3 may come as part of a post-retirement deal.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 pm 
Basically, there's one grand overarching plot-line I can see that needs resolution and has multiple moving pieces:
What is Oasis, and how does this play a role in the big Hereticorp/K'Z'K coming-together that is feared to cause the entire web to collapse?

Schlock, timeless space, Steve Hereti, Santa, etc. all fit as part of this encompassing arc.

My hunch is that the Ocean's Unmoving bonus story will wrap up OU. And as much as the DOP was my favorite recurring arc in Sluggy, it was pretty neatly wrapped up and put to bed with That Which Redeems.

My fear is that Pete will not wrap up Oasis' true nature before his quasi-retirement. The question of what Oasis is has been dangling for so long at this point that to not have a resolution by the 20 year mark would start to border on ridiculous.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat