Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 am 
The comic on 20th October 2015 showed a staked vampire. It looks identical to this one:

http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/981004

Her name's Sylvia I think.

I bet stupid Eric is going to unstake her.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am 
grandite wrote:
The comic on 20th October 2015 showed a staked vampire. It looks identical to this one:

http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/981004

Her name's Sylvia I think.

I bet stupid Eric is going to unstake her.

She looks like she has a cold, and my mother allways told me when you have a cold, drink plenty of fluids. I don't think she meant blood though.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
I don't know how, but I think Sylvia's going to have something to do with Sam's resurrection. He wasn't coming together on his own while Kiki and Aylee (I think it was) were babysitting his leftover bits. Seems like enough damage that he needed time or help.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm 
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:
I don't know how, but I think Sylvia's going to have something to do with Sam's resurrection. He wasn't coming together on his own while Kiki and Aylee (I think it was) were babysitting his leftover bits. Seems like enough damage that he needed time or help.

I agree, but it makes one wonder why she would resurrect Sam. She presumably knew he was a traitor before she was staked. Of course, I suppose that's why she's using him as bait. Just revenge on Sam isn't good enough if she can't get Torg, Riff, and Zoe too (none of whom were at Bjorkea when Sam was stolen). Aylee and Kiki were also at Lysinda's house, but Sylvia wouldn't have even recognized Aylee if she had ever even seen her the first time, and I doubt Kiki would even register as an object of revenge. And that would be assuming Sylvia even went herself, when it's just as likely she sent a servant. The Vrykos vampires may have even been contacted directly by Sylvia. I suspect she's getting more than she bargained for with Kusari, however.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:27 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:

I agree, but it makes one wonder why she would resurrect Sam. She presumably knew he was a traitor before she was staked. Of course, I suppose that's why she's using him as bait. Just revenge on Sam isn't good enough if she can't get Torg, Riff, and Zoe too (none of whom were at Bjorkea when Sam was stolen). Aylee and Kiki were also at Lysinda's house, but Sylvia wouldn't have even recognized Aylee if she had ever even seen her the first time, and I doubt Kiki would even register as an object of revenge. And that would be assuming Sylvia even went herself, when it's just as likely she sent a servant. The Vrykos vampires may have even been contacted directly by Sylvia. I suspect she's getting more than she bargained for with Kusari, however.

That's assuming Sylvia's even the one in charge of whatever's going on in the present part of the story.

Makes me wonder exactly when this part of the story is taking place. I think that's key. It's obviously before Sam's remains were taken from Bjorkea, but how much before? It's also interesting that Alice, if that IS Alice with Sam, is wearing the same clothes as in her introduction.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:16 am 
I'm still going with blow up doll. It's Sam, people.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:43 pm 
So in today's strip we learn that Alice works for a pharmaceutical company of dubious ethics. We also see that Sylvia is being unstaked bit by bit.

Put these two together and I'm thinking... "Infomercials next quarter."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:24 am 
So, any chance the "glitch" today was from Alice re-stabbing sylvia?

Probably not...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 pm 
It could be. Maybe we'll find out soon-ish.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I wonder if Sylvia will be able to force her will upon Sam like Val and Lysinda were able to...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 am 
The relevant quote is in panel seven. Granted, it's Sam telling the story, so may be somewhat unreliable, but I've seen nothing in comic that contradicts it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:56 pm 
Still having a hard time buying that Riff would have missed killing her, but Elan would say someone who dies offscreen isn't dead!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:38 pm 
Persephone wrote:
The relevant quote is in panel seven. Granted, it's Sam telling the story, so may be somewhat unreliable, but I've seen nothing in comic that contradicts it.

I thought you meant Muffin the Vampire Baker at first. Panel numbers are a bit ambiguous in this one because while a block of text goes across the panels in your count, they are still further split in terms of the art. Anyway, so probably Sylvia can compel Sam, but also probably Sam can resist as he resisted both Lysinda and Val, so she may have better luck tricking him. Lysinda was definitely older and more powerful than Sylvia and Val probably was. We didn't see Sylvia's transformation, but Val was in her flashbacks and Sylvia wasn't hanging around visibly anywhere when Val was turned. Ok, it's just probably. Val is likely not the first vampire Lysinda ever turned, so she probably had some circle somewhere and it's possible Sylvia could be older. I just doubt it. Pierre on the other hand very well may be. I have a feeling about him that he's kind of a big deal.

Xane wrote:
Still having a hard time buying that Riff would have missed killing her, but Elan would say someone who dies offscreen isn't dead!

Technically, all the Lysinda circle vampires died off screen, but we saw them being carried out and we saw the flames, so I think we're good. Besides, I feel like we can only trip over that rule once per event and Sylvia triggered it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:30 pm 
So, why did Torg's perspective on Sam and Sylvia change so quickly while he was unconscious? What's different?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 pm 
kitoba wrote:
So, why did Torg's perspective on Sam and Sylvia change so quickly while he was unconscious? What's different?

He walked in on Sylvia strangling the life out of Riff and a minute later Sam lunged at him with intent to kill. Granted, Riff provoked the whole thing. But the resulting scenario didn't leave Torg much choice.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat