Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Strakoi and Vorpyr
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:48 am 
I don't remember if this has been said, and I know I miss things in the strip, but some conversations in Reactions made me wonder something.

Who exactly is enforcing the Vorpyr/Strakoi pact to stay out of the Americas? Sam and Sylvia were (supposedly) the last two Vorpyr, and it's definitely not them. If it was the Vrykos, all the Strakoi apparently have to do, given today's comic, is kill Phillinnon and then move in.

Is there a fourth as-yet-unnamed vampire clan? Or was this brought up in the comic already?

Post subject: Re: Strakoi and Vorpyr
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:29 am 
It's a magical pact. The Strakoi litterally cannot set foot in the Americas unless invited by Queen Lysindia.

Now the queen is destroyed, I don't know who can invite them. But the pact become powerless if the last Lysindia circle Vorpyr is destroyed.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:30 am 
Sorry, didn't respond to this in a timely manner.

So it's a magical pact, okay. Just out of curiosity, was there a strip where they explained it more in-depth, as in exact wording of the pact? I don't have time to look before work or I would. I'm hoping someone can help if possible.

Because I'm wondering if the current staked statuses of Sam and Sylvia, supposedly the last two Vorpyr, will have any effect on it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:38 pm 
migB wrote:
It's a magical pact. The Strakoi litterally cannot set foot in the Americas unless invited by Queen Lysindia.

Now the queen is destroyed, I don't know who can invite them. But the pact become powerless if the last Lysindia circle Vorpyr is destroyed.

Minor point, the pact allowed one Strakoi Blood Keeper in the Americas. So presumably there is a successor to Vistuvius who we may see at some point.

It may well have been he/she who kidnapped Queen Philannon

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:45 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Sorry, didn't respond to this in a timely manner.

So it's a magical pact, okay. Just out of curiosity, was there a strip where they explained it more in-depth, as in exact wording of the pact? I don't have time to look before work or I would. I'm hoping someone can help if possible.

Because I'm wondering if the current staked statuses of Sam and Sylvia, supposedly the last two Vorpyr, will have any effect on it.

Here y'go

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 am 
By the way, I just realised how retarded Urja and Phillinon were to assume that the vampires with magic floating eyeballs would not notice what happened to their envoy.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:54 am 
You know who the Strakoi remind me of? Kesandru. I wonder if there is any connection? Is he somehow gifting Rithuly's power from the Never to make magicians into a new type of vampire? Or does Rithuly have a thing for types like Kesandru and offers them power and immortality as his vampire minions in exchange for something ominous for the future of the Sluggy Prime dimension?

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:03 pm 
Hm. Do staked-but-not-destroyed Lysinda Vorpyr keep the Strak-shield up? What about digested Vorpyr?

Sam got eaten before Sylvia got unstaked. So (as far as we know) there were one eaten Vorpyr and one staked Vorpyr. Was the Strak-shield active then?

On Tuesday the Strak-tester said the magical shield was still active. At that point Sam and Sylvia were crispy-fried, but possibly not staked yet.

If "staked" is enough to keep the shield up, then the shield would have stayed up even if the Straks destroyed Sam, if Sylvia was still staked to the wall in Maine. Now that Sylvia is in the game again, what would happen if Urja just left Sam & Syl in the saferoom -- would that keep the shield up, with a minimum of interference from the two pesky Vorpyr? But I suspect that's not what Urja has in mind.

And are there any other inactive Vorpyr we don't know about??

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:35 am 
garyfritz wrote:
And are there any other inactive Vorpyr we don't know about??

I think there was mention of a Pierre, but it was implied he was killed.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:59 pm 
True. But since Pierre was in Europe, I think we can assume he was one of the Strak's first victims.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 am 
garyfritz wrote:
True. But since Pierre was in Europe, I think we can assume he was one of the Strak's first victims.

That does seem like the most likely outcome, doesn't it?

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:16 am 
So... Pierre has technically been in the New World the whole time. Does that mean he was the one keeping the Strakoi from setting foot? It makes me wonder if the Strakoi could invade if all three were staked at the same time.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat