Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:08 am 
I'm wondering if there is a possibility that Kusari's A.I. is developing a schizoid condition.

Not necessarily a full multiple personality disorder, but a significant conflict of motives and emotional responses.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am 
I wonder (spec) something: Wouldn't, during the reign Aylee in the AyleeOrgNet.Com era, while repaying Torg his investment, the millions she put in his account, yes? Isn't it possible that TORG became a major shareholder because, instead of just cash, she also gave him lots-n-lots of shares? Schlock became the MAJOR shareholder, at 52%, but maybe Torg wasn't too far behind? I don't think, at least not that I recall, we ever found out what happened to all those funds, and/or possibly extant shares? I remember that there was a major court battle, with the jury wanting to commit suicide, but I am not certain that it was ever fully resolved, ws it?

Isn't it possible, with the fall, literally, of HC, that Kusashi is now following what she thinks are TORG's desires, openly stated, or inferred? Her actions planetside seem to indicate this...?

Yes? No? WAAAAY off-base? I dunno.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 am 
I think it's fine to just take the Sashas at their word that they now "follow orders based on level of hierarchy" as she states in the latest comic. Even if Torg did own stock in HC, it wouldn't matter. Standing orders probably include something like 'protect HC's long term goals at all cost' near the top of that hierarchy, and without needing to follow direct orders first, that alone would prevent anyone from making her do something that goes against HC's general interests even if HC is completely liquidated.

What will be interesting is how that developed in the intervening hour. Keep in mind this flashback is pretty recent: the two Sashas who woke up would be replacing the two who Oasis killed on the spaceship. It's not much time for her to make a play, but that depends entirely on what gets revealed.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am 
swmartian wrote:
But I believe that her behavior on the station (killing Roberts) and disobeying Schlock's intent - does not point to a "nice" Sasha when "free of her programming". Her rationale when speaking to Schlock infers an intent to obliterate the world in order to conquer it. The inference is that she will be going after global control now. I don't think that she will kill Schlock, because she needs him to control the people that can make that happen...

I don't think she has an intention of global control. I think either she was testing Schlock to see what his response would be...or was trying to trick him into installing the DFA cannon on her satellite so that she could then do whatever she wanted with it...which would probably be to flux him out of the picture. I don't think she meant any harm with it. I don't think she wanted to be the harbinger at all. I think she was trying to dissuade Schlock from trying to use the Oasis satellite. She is starting to redeem herself.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 am 
Dilvish wrote:
Isn't it possible, with the fall, literally, of HC, that Kusashi is now following what she thinks are TORG's desires, openly stated, or inferred? Her actions planetside seem to indicate this...?

Kind of way offbase. How do her actions planetside indicate she's following Torg's wishes? Pretty sure Torg wouldn't want her to go on a killing spree of random hC employees. Furthermore, there's no clear benefit to Torg at all of scrubbing evidence of Hereticorp from her rebirth facility. I don't see how her actions at all suggest that she's following Torg's orders or wishes. Even if you take into account Kusari's tendency to bend orders to murder, there's still no reason Torg would want her to do what she's currently doing. Those Hereticorp employees she's killing don't really present any current threat to Torg at all and killing them does not help him in any foreseeable way.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:49 am 
The statement on 22-Feb-2018 was that the "shareholders want to make sure that any questionable projects never existed". If Kusari is able to interpret orders as she sees fit, would that also imply that she should destroy the space station, flux weapons, and combat mechs? Besides House of Cheese, what parts of Hereti-Tech are not questionable?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:44 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
That's a possibility.

Another is that Schlock is no longer CEO, but doesn't know it.

Kusari's only known "programming" (I think) is that she must obey the CEO of Hereti-Corp. So depending on what's going on in the real world - which Schlock is not paying attention to at all right now - what with hC's main headquarters gone, and all their living senior staff currently off-planet, the world might no longer recognize hC as a valid corporate entity.

There's also the possibility that the world may not even know Schlock exists, but someone MIGHT have found the charred corpse of Marcus Chen and/or recovered the crushed body of Dade Hereti - the last publicly *known* CEOs of Hereti-Corp.

Schlock acquired his majority share of hC with the assistance of his broker, Bill E. Coyote (may be spelled wrong), who presumably did it through tortuously-complex-but-legal-means that are technically in the public record. So the world knows he existed, but... if he is thought to be legally dead, that is a different story.

Kusasha is treading a delicate path here, and it will be most interesting to see where it takes her.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:56 pm 
Just thinking out loud here, but could it be possible that Daedalus built in an "escape hatch" for Kusari in the same way that Dr. Steve did for Oasis? (Daedalus and Dr. Steve are essentially the same person, after all.) If so, some recent event—like Daedalus's death—may have freed Kusari from her programming to obey orders, too.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm 
Naldru wrote:
The statement on 22-Feb-2018 was that the "shareholders want to make sure that any questionable projects never existed". If Kusari is able to interpret orders as she sees fit, would that also imply that she should destroy the space station, flux weapons, and combat mechs? Besides House of Cheese, what parts of Hereti-Tech are not questionable?

I think she focus on the more direct orders of "make sure there's not a shred of Hereti-Corp evidence left here," but thinking your idea over in the light of her more discretionary interpretations of orders, I can see her taking that route...hmmm. Some of them, like the REAs, have been incorporated into various military contracts, so they might no longer be considered "questionable," but certainly an orbital DFA would be!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Dilvish wrote:

Kind of way offbase. How do her actions planetside indicate she's following Torg's wishes? Pretty sure Torg wouldn't want her to go on a killing spree of random hC employees. Furthermore, there's no clear benefit to Torg at all of scrubbing evidence of Hereticorp from her rebirth facility. I don't see how her actions at all suggest that she's following Torg's orders or wishes. Even if you take into account Kusari's tendency to bend orders to murder, there's still no reason Torg would want her to do what she's currently doing. Those Hereticorp employees she's killing don't really present any current threat to Torg at all and killing them does not help him in any foreseeable way.

Well, Torg destroyed the former Isle of Dr. Steve totally. This means he killed a LOT of people. Isn't Kusahi starting to try and follow the same basic path? Killing every HC employee she finds? Maybe next she'll plant explosive and blow the place to smithereens. Essentially, just what Torg did, and by inference, wants done.
Torg says he doesn't want anyone killed, but, as Shankraft pointed out, he's killed more people (things, etc) than anyone else. Even when Riff went to HC and "quit" their employ, not this many were killed.
The benefit to Torg, and thus the rest of the gang including Riff, is that they're no longer a threat in any way if they're dead. Definately beneficial!

Just a thought. I get so few any more, I have to get them down before they die from lonliness...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm 
For the last month or so, I've been rereading from 4U City/Minion Master on. It's been cool to see Kusari's little rebellions, knowing what we know now.

Currently, she's needling Schlock with his use of the word sabotage.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm 
Okay, I don't know what the two Kusaris have been doing for the last hour, but I am sure it was not in the benefit of HC. I am hoping that they managed to move/save the rest of her clones somehow.
AND, I am guessing that the space station Kusari went offline so that army Sasha could now be active. Maybe she is meeting up with the other two Kusaris, or maybe she is just doing her own "cleaning", or sabotaging. I definitely want to see Schlock undermined.
Go Girls!
:sasha: :sasha: :sasha:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 am 
kromiller wrote:
Okay, I don't know what the two Kusaris have been doing for the last hour, but I am sure it was not in the benefit of HC. I am hoping that they managed to move/save the rest of her clones somehow.
AND, I am guessing that the space station Kusari went offline so that army Sasha could now be active. Maybe she is meeting up with the other two Kusaris, or maybe she is just doing her own "cleaning", or sabotaging. I definitely want to see Schlock undermined.
Go Girls!
:sasha: :sasha: :sasha:

Or might she have SAID she was going off-line because she saw Torg charging like the Cavalry in old western movies, but she's really just getting out of the line of fire and air loss. Maybe she figured out the safest place is in a spacesuit, and is heading to climb into the Dire-REA if she has time.
I noticed she didn't tell Schlock about Torg, if she, in fact, saw him. I would think she did but don't know for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am 
So it's probably been an hour and a half or so since this strip.

The two Kusashis who woke up seem to be at the military base, indicating that it's not too far away. They seem to be getting up to some mayhem there.

I wonder if they might be trying to commandeer a space ship.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:28 am 
Looks like they succeeded.
There they are, on the Musky-6.

I hope they turn loose on the station just as they did on the HC properties and agents on Earth.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat