Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: And Kusari is...
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 pm 
Oh, and I'm not sure Sasha/Kusari is a result of cloning either - for one thing, even Dr. Steve couldn't get cloning to work right. And didn't it take Schlock to clone Aylee for hC?

Given that we've seen Sasha and Kusari in the same place multiple times over the years, I suspect it's something else.

I mean, for all we know, Kusari could be a series of animated corpses of fallen hC agents, and Sasha just happened to be the most recent corpse used.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Oh, and I'm not sure Sasha/Kusari is a result of cloning either - for one thing, even Dr. Steve couldn't get cloning to work right. And didn't it take Schlock to clone Aylee for hC?

Given that we've seen Sasha and Kusari in the same place multiple times over the years, I suspect it's something else.

I mean, for all we know, Kusari could be a series of animated corpses of fallen hC agents, and Sasha just happened to be the most recent corpse used.

Oooh. I like that.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 pm 
I don't think dead HC agents are a limited resource. Nifty idea though.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

Oooh. I like that.

I also like that, and have been working with that as my base assumption for a little while. However, I then noticed that the most recent Kusari appears, at least, to have shown up just before Oasis killed Sasha. But I still kinda want this to be true instead of a bunch of clones of Sasha (which has its own problems), so I dunno.

MerlinOfChaos wrote:
I don't think dead HC agents are a limited resource. Nifty idea though.

In my thinking only certain HC agents would be candidates. Sasha wouldn't have been just some HC agent picked to be Kusari after she died; she would have been part of the Kusari project from the beginning of her life.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 am 
I dunno. Having Sasha only have become Kusari after she died (or in other words, yesterday) would feel like Pete trying to pull the twist in a way that avoids any of the actual consequences such a twist would have.

This unmasking is such a big thing that, even if Sasha ''is'' the latest in a series of Kusaris, it's more likely than not that she's been so for a while. If she wasn't actually Kusari in any of the times where Kusari's presence mattered, what's the point of having her be Kusari at all beyond momentary shock value?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:45 am 
I am so psyched to finally see the face behind the mask! But NOW I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. We have seen Kusari and Sasha together at least twice. Once at Le snootier and another during the halloween party where Kusari is dressed in a hello kitty parody and threatens schlock. Technically a third time in the arc where Monicruel is blasted to another dimension, I believe both Sasha and Kusari appear on Schlock's screen. We also see Kusari doing HC stuff while Sasha is locked up under Monicruel's thumb.

However, Schlock mentions Kusari not being up to par during this time Sasha is incapacitated, and, after Sasha's death Schlock does say something like, of course it doesn't bother you you'd have to have a heart more than just literally.

I had always thought Sasha joined HC and became Kusari after dangerous days, but I was proven wrong when she was announced as a secret agent, and when Kusari died during the latest vampire arc.

So there are at least two "Sashas" if not more, is my current theory. Something that would enable them to be in the same place at the same time, or something. I feel like the "Sashas" or "Kusaris" for lack of a better term share memories or experiences. Kusari ran from Bun-Bun back when Torg and the gang stole HC's drives, and despite only interacting with Torg a few times she speaks to him like she knows him.

I'm waiting the explanation, I feel like we still aren't seeing the whole picture.

Hold up just had a thought. I keep going back to Tyler and the time travel stuff.

What if Kusari is Sasha pre Sasha? Kusari is not good with symbolism, emotions, etc. Sasha is able to blend in to a point with just being "weird". What if Kusari is the "present" version of "Sasha" and the Sasha that died is a future version of Sasha, one that has learned to behave more human? And bah i'm grasping at straws!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 am 
Wait- OTHER random thought. Why doesn't Oasis know what Kusari looks like? When she meets Sasha and Torg at Le snootier, she has no idea who Sasha is and calls her "that woman". Has Oasis never seen Kusari's face?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 am 
I was being facetious about the animated corpse thing.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 am 
Kesandru wrote:
I was being facetious about the animated corpse thing.

It actually makes a weird kind of sense... sorta.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

Therefore, the "differences being paramount" are because Oasis can channel god-level power, whereas Kusari can not. One of the two "controlled minds" is probably Lynx - the AI that tried to take over 4U city.

Kusari ("chain") is most certainly Lynx ("links").

*Slow clap*

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 am 
NovemberMists wrote:
Hold up just had a thought. I keep going back to Tyler and the time travel stuff.

What if Kusari is Sasha pre Sasha? Kusari is not good with symbolism, emotions, etc. Sasha is able to blend in to a point with just being "weird". What if Kusari is the "present" version of "Sasha" and the Sasha that died is a future version of Sasha, one that has learned to behave more human? And bah i'm grasping at straws!

Sasha doesn't look old enough for that, so that would also require some kind of explanation for why she doesn't age.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

Therefore, the "differences being paramount" are because Oasis can channel god-level power, whereas Kusari can not. One of the two "controlled minds" is probably Lynx - the AI that tried to take over 4U city.

Kusari ("chain") is most certainly Lynx ("links").

Nice word play. But then why would Schlock need to go to all this trouble to get Oasis?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:33 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
swmartian wrote:
But then why would Schlock need to go to all this trouble to get Oasis?
Kusari is a "finite resource" and requires them to retrieve her body to make a new one. Oasis appears to be infinite and is back almost immediately when she dies. He wouldn't need Kusari anymore when he has control of a highly skilled and basically unkillable assassin.
Which appears to be what Harbinger is.
NovemberMists wrote:
Wait- OTHER random thought. Why doesn't Oasis know what Kusari looks like? When she meets Sasha and Torg at Le snootier, she has no idea who Sasha is and calls her "that woman". Has Oasis never seen Kusari's face?
No reason she would have ever seen Kusari without her mask. Pretty sure that was the first time either one had met.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Kusari is a "finite resource" and requires them to retrieve her body to make a new one. Oasis appears to be infinite and is back almost immediately when she dies. He wouldn't need Kusari anymore when he has control of a highly skilled and basically unkillable assassin.

What if they don't need to retrieve Kusari's body to make a new one... what if they just need the outfit? In particular, perhaps, that interestingly bulky headgear?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 pm 
kennric wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

What if they don't need to retrieve Kusari's body to make a new one... what if they just need the outfit? In particular, perhaps, that interestingly bulky headgear?

I was hoping for horns, but I guess Kusari is just a jester at heart.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat