Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Mat-Riff-Mony
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 am 
So, ever since the end of the 4U city arcs, we have known that Riff ended up marrying Izzy in the Dimension of Rain because he "killed her brother". Since then, there's been a nagging suspicion that one of Riff's inadvertent (or intended) victims of this universe might end up with a ring on their fingers.

Here's a current short list of who I think are the most likely to be Mrs. Riffington Tubesox Wildenburg (in no particular order):

1.) Izzy (Mostly parallel to the DoR, but it was Torg that got her brother killed in the Niftyverse).

2.) Sharon Gall (Brian Rammer ended up dead trying to investigate Aylee during the Dimension of Ghouls arc)

3.) Teresa (Monicruel being fluxed - technically family was involved, if she's not retrievable, she would be thought of as dead)

4.) Gwynn (definitely a victim of more than one Riff inventions, mostly K'Z'K related, but still a victim of Riff's toys).

All of this relies upon the idea that Old-Riff was being totally honest (he rarely was) and he wasn't being sarcastic with Nifty-Riff (he almost always was). I definitely think Riff will end up married, and he'll hide it in his usual "I dunno" style of exposition. Anyone else have any ideas of who the future Lady Tubesox Wildenburg will be?

Post subject: Re: Mat-Riff-Mony
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:04 pm 
Old Riff never said he married Izzy because he killed her brother; he just said that was how they met. That quibble aside, I do think marriage is highly likely in Riff's future. I only have two contenders, personally.

1. Izzy - I could see Riff's attempts at avoiding marriage causing him to save Anthony and leading Izzy to fall in love with him. Lying about killing Izzy's brother would give Old Riff a bit of vengence for our Riff tricking him. Or maybe Riff kills Anthony as an act of mercy, and Izzy is moved by his actions.

2. Gwynn - We've had over a decade of shipteasing that's still ongoing. Riff's learned to be more communicative, and Gwynn is learning to be kinder/less vindictive. They shared a very personal exchange and supported eachother recently. Avoiding marriage to Izzy might just bring him back to Gwynn.

While I don't believe that guilt/atonement will play a factor to make Riff marry one of his potential victims, I think in some way Riff's urge to be the hero and save the girl could play a part. I suspect Sasha will become important in the coming arcs, but I don't list her in the running because I really think she loves Sam, instead. Just wanted to clarify that I still have hope for her to be redeemed, and that the betrayal isn't my reason for ruling her out.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:48 pm 
Re: Sasha, I think she is an infiltrator in hC.
Someone specced once that Sasha was a Time-lord.
I don't think Pete would go all the way with a Doctor WHO parallel at such a plot-heavy reveal.
But still, she is probably send from another time or dimension to influence this one.

Now that I think about it, we already had one of these agents working against the Sluggy gang: Berk.
Sasha is version 2 Berk? :sasha:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:15 pm 
migB wrote:
Re: Sasha, I think she is an infiltrator in hC.
Someone specced once that Sasha was a Time-lord.
I don't think Pete would go all the way with a Doctor WHO parallel at such a plot-heavy reveal.
But still, she is probably send from another time or dimension to influence this one.

Now that I think about it, we already had one of these agents working against the Sluggy gang: Berk.
Sasha is version 2 Berk? :sasha:

I think that spec is CROTCH.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:15 pm 
ryoko11 wrote:

2. Gwynn

Run, Riff, Run! Cover your groin! Never stop running!!!1

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:57 am 
Well I think it's fair to say that Izzy is now debuting at #1 with the others far, far behind.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:12 pm 
ShirKi wrote:
Well I think it's fair to say that Izzy is now debuting at #1 with the others far, far behind.

Definitely! I ship it so hard. I think alt Riff had actual happiness with alt Izzy and Riff deserves a girlfriend who doesn't kick his privates, or act weird/insane to spy on him and his friends. (Sasha & Monica).

But, I also have shipped Gwynn and Riff for SO long, but they seem to have more of a friendship than a romance going on currently.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat