Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: necklace?
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:03 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Ok, I know that Zoe now has a tattoo of the necklace, but I thought Gwynn put the necklace on... where is here tattoo? or did I miss something?

Post subject: Re: necklace?
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:34 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
When Gwynn and Queen Siphaniana switched back to their own bodies, the necklace fell off.

Zoe has her tattoo since the nanites rebuilt her from the snapshot that Riff took when he went back in time when she was still cursed. The nanites interpreted it as a normal tattoo since they could not detect/reproduce magic.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:12 am 
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
The comic shows Siphy losing the necklace though, not Gwynn. I suppose we can assume that the same thing happened in the present since she no longer has it, but then where is it?

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 am 
Right after the transfer, Gwynn no longer has the tattoo. Most likely the necklace is still in Tunisia or the bug cult has it.

They were a bit busy at the time to think about the necklace. Also considering what happen with the necklace, would you want to hold on to it anymore?

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 am 
On a similar vain, has anybody noticed the trio of marks on Teresa's right collarbone?

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:52 pm 
yurak wrote:
On a similar vain, has anybody noticed the trio of marks on Teresa's right collarbone?
Interesting. She has had those dots since the very first time we saw her (clearly)...

So it's something Pete deliberately put into her character from the start. I wouldn't think he would go to all that trouble without it eventually coming up at some point. It is a very specific thing that most people would never notice.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:32 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Right after the transfer, Gwynn no longer has the tattoo. Most likely the necklace is still in Tunisia or the bug cult has it.

They were a bit busy at the time to think about the necklace. Also considering what happen with the necklace, would you want to hold on to it anymore?

Here's the last time we see the necklace - near the dagger. Later, we see Riff holding the dagger, but we didn't see him pick it up. The next strip we see them with egg basket, dagger, Gwynn's glasses and the book of E-ville all of which were in the sand near the necklace but we can't see the necklace where it was before. Maybe the magic is covering it? Riff's hand looks kinda funny - turned away as if concealing something. However, though Riff's hand continues to look funny through the escape flight, he doesn't mention the necklace in this strip.

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:36 am 
Riff's right hand does seem odd doesn't it? Every time we see him, his hand is closed, when there was no reason he would be holding it like that if he had nothing in his hand... Even when he was falling and everybody else had their hands splayed in panic.

So I guess it's, Tunisia, bug-cult, or Riff then. But it looks like Riff more than likely. Good catch emajekral.

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Impressive work guys!

Both on the necklace, and the dots on Teresa!

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:37 am 
thanks em. At the very least, it does show that Gwynn and the necklace are separate. Something I missed apparently.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat