Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 am 
I suddenly have a vision...not one I think Pete will do, but...

tomorrow, cut to North Pole. "Warning, Santa. Someone just told Bun bun his real name. Alert. Alert."

And I'm reminded (though I forget some fo the details) of when Emma Frost told Dum Dum Deegan that Logan had his memories back...

If Pete really has been plotting this from the beginning...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 am 
Physicist wrote:
If Pete really has been plotting this from the beginning...

I believe the term you are looking for is magnificent bastard.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 am 
I'm not one for tropes but that's exactly what I thought, dumbfounded when I read the comic. And then having to go and have hysterics somewhere quiet because it's just so damn funny. it's a 16 year old joke with a such a cringeworthy punchline / pun but it still works really well - because it's Pete's modus operandi. He does this all the time and we still fall for it.

Love it!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 am 
Marcus wrote:
And it now appears Bun-Bun's real name is Sloghy, pronounced Sluggy and it means he likes to punch people in the head. Of all thing things I thought of, that's nothing what was expected and utterly hilarious. So Pete, so hidden and yet so obvious.

We can't be 100% certain yet that Sluggy is Bun-bun and not one of his parents (remember, his trip to the shadow realm revealed he has a suppressed memory of his mother's death that may or may not have involved Chaz). But my gut is that you're probably right.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am 
If Sluggy is Bun bun's real name, does Freelance mean "Torg and Riff," or is Sluggy Freelance shorthand for "Bun bun's away-from-Mohkadun-pantheon adventures?")

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am 
We've all assumed "Sluggy" is Bun-Bun in the past --but what if it's a future version of Bun-Bun, sent back in time after the events of the strip... Pete's pulled that trick on us before... :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 am 
Well we know that shortly after the gods left, the holidays who were entrusted with three retcon eggs, had to use one of them almost immediately because of something Bunbun did. We know one of Bunbuns parents if not both, were killed, and that there is a very bunbun-like god in the pantheon.

Im betting that this kozoku plot will end in the death of a young bunbuns parent and this will drive the crazy bunny on a killing spree and ultimatly a booting into oceans unmoving where he can foster that hatred of santa.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 am 
Todays comic makes it clear.
The sacrificial knife IS the weapon that killed Bun-buns mother.

So she was sacrificed to Kozoaku?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:07 am 
migB wrote:
Todays comic makes it clear.
The sacrificial knife IS the weapon that killed Bun-buns mother.

So she was sacrificed to Kozoaku?

Perhaps sacrificing a mere mortal is insufficient. But sacrificing a god...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:19 am 
Jasae Bushae wrote:
Well we know that shortly after the gods left, the holidays who were entrusted with three retcon eggs, had to use one of them almost immediately because of something Bunbun did. We know one of Bunbuns parents if not both, were killed, and that there is a very Bunbun-like god in the pantheon.

I'm betting that this Kozoku plot will end in the death of a young Bunbuns parent and this will drive the crazy bunny on a killing spree and ultimately a booting into oceans unmoving where he can foster that hatred of santa.

Oddly enough, the deus ex ovum story would seem to imply that some of the mythology we've heard recently is bogus or full of holes at the very least. It states that Zeus created the eggs and the first one was used shortly after he had fallen. Bunbun was there when the second was used. If we believe that the Krig is Santa and we're about to see the use of the second egg, it would imply that Zeus, and thereby ancient Greece, was older than the current pantheon of gods.
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20031214

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 am 
Bun-bun might also have been there when the eggs were created, and when the first was used.
His presence at the second egg does not imply his absence in the other situations.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm 
migB wrote:
Bun-bun might also have been there when the eggs were created, and when the first was used.
His presence at the second egg does not imply his absence in the other situations.

Right, but whether he was there for their creation, the use of the first, the use of the second, or any combination of the three, Zeus and his gods would still have to be older than the current pantheon, unless the eggs don't come into existence until way later in the mythology (perhaps after the fall of Mohkadun). Since Pete appears to be tying up lose ends, introducing yet another chapter in the backstory (post-Mohkadun but pre-present day) seems an unlikely direction.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 am 
Well, I've always thought that the fall of the gods and the creation of the eggs were the result of what's happening now in Mokhadun.

My theory is that the treacherous plot by Symachicus leads to the fall of the pantheon, where some of the gods and godlings must be imprisoned inside magic hardware such as the book of E-ville, the book of Güd and Chaz to save the spark from K'z'k.

After that comes the rise of the greek pantheon. A different crisis ends that pantheon, which result in the deus ex ovums being created.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 am 
I've read some previous spec that zeus and santa are one and the same, and I personally suspect the krig to be santa. Perhaps the krig, santa, AND zeus are one and the same. Or maybe zeus is a future name\incarnation taken by symachus. Today we saw in invention off eggs that contain god spells, perhaps the deus ovums are three special eggs containing the spells of father time.

Also, today's comic has me 100% convinced that bun-bun is our sloghy.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 am 
With all of this week's evidence, I'm now accepting Bun Bun was a god at the time of Mokudun. His mother may have been a mortal. Like Krig Bun Bun MAY have come from a mortal family, though its not confirmed of any other deities did. Then again, perhaps his mother's death was before this- someone killing her to claim her god-hood, then Bun Bun revenging himself on them and getting it back? That WOULD make him a Demigod who became a god on his mother's death. Its not clear Rite of Caste exists in this time, but sounds like the sort of encounter a Goddess of Strength could have with her a brutal mortal trying to prove himself and replace her. The Bun Bun in this time seems rather more mature than the shell-shocked young Bun Bun seen in the Shadow-realm flashback.

And Gwynn named him. OH the time paradox and irony.

His friendly relationship to Uncle Fate is interesting- as is Uncle Fate's choice to thrust Bun Bun back into the present at precisely the time he did. Also that Uncle Fate directly counteracted the actions of a Holiday in the lineage of Krig (Santa- see the link for my thoughts on him) to save a 3rd god, Bun Bun from Timeless Space is interesting.

Refer folks to my detailed deity spec on this page. Since Bun Bun is now a confirmed god there is SO much crossover easier for me to post some things in the other place and just point you to it:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33411&p=515891#p515891

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat