Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:15 am 
AOL: dustinvoss
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Y'know, it would also explain his lack of a last name.

Oh, he has a last name. We just don't know what it is…

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:50 am 
TX2 wrote:
Once stu died, the reindeer connection was lost and Calix even accepted bun bun's ideals. Almost completely severing his santa connection.

since monday's comic from learning how dark calix turned since stu's death, I've been suspecting he may be riff's dad for some reason. If Kada dies, I'm putting all my chips on the table for that one.
Never mind, It's looking like Caix was never inteded to be anybody.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:26 am 
It's pretty easy for Calix to become Santa. All he has to do is team up with a rabbit and kill Jesus.

Poof: Instant Santa and Easter Bunny.

Conclusion: Jacobs is Jesus.

Post subject: Calix is NOT Santa
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:01 am 
AOL: huorfallen
Its over people. Pete is not doing another OU in this format. They're not coming into the main sluggyverse.

Pete was bored with Sluggy and decided to branch out and do something different for a while. I think it worked wonderfully. He tipped his hand too soon in revealing that Bun-Bun escaped before dealing with Teknekon 1, but we got over that quick when Kada and Calix starting to get an edge on their enemies.

I promise you we will never see a Calix-Torg or Calix-Santa connection. We'll probably never see Calix again. Ever.

Post subject: Re: Calix is NOT Santa
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm 
Samwise wrote:
I promise you we will never see a Calix-Torg or Calix-Santa connection. We'll probably never see Calix again. Ever.

I don't know. It still wouldn't surprise me if Calix and Kada were Torg's parents. In Pete's mind they very well could be. He just won't go there until if and when he does Ocean's 3, whatever the format may be. Honestly, I can't imagine the mystery of Torg's parents being done any better than Kada and Calix being it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:00 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
I really dont understand why people think itd be so good for those two to be Torg's parents. I would find the plot device horribly contrived, myself. They were a pair of interesting characters to establish setting. Pete just chose to develop them more, and give them stronger focus, then the last time he used a whole other universe (The Gofotron storyline).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:21 pm 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: crossroads_inc42
AOL: Eric+Fischer
On the topic of why or how Calix might become Santa... Arn't we forgetting somehting? We don't need to imagine him suddenly making toys for kids and such. Remember, all he has to do is accidently kill "a" santa to become the next Santa. Theres nothing currently saying that the 'modern' Santa is the first and original...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:54 pm 
SSJJared wrote:
I really dont understand why people think itd be so good for those two to be Torg's parents. I would find the plot device horribly contrived, myself. They were a pair of interesting characters to establish setting. Pete just chose to develop them more, and give them stronger focus, then the last time he used a whole other universe (The Gofotron storyline).

Well Calix has alot of Torg-like qualities (or had before he snapped towards the end of the storyline). There's a certain foolishness coupled with deep nobility and concern for those they care about that is (or was) nearly identical in both Torg and Calix. Which I guess makes sense because if you're going to focus on a new main character for a year, it's logical to have him be similar to the usual main character to maintain some of the same overall feel of the strip. But there were times where they acted so similar that I honestly forgot this wasn't Torg. Plus you've got Torg's periodic reversions to Torgo of the Jungle when in a stressed out state. And the fact that Uncle Time happened to place Bunbun right there in the magical pet shop right when Torg was coming by. And the fact that before OU, Pete suggested that he might be addressing certain nagging questions in the coming storylines, one of which was Torg's parents. Now none of these things mean that they have to be his parents. But put together they make a very strong case for suspicion. And at least to me, I think it would be very fitting. Until we have proof to the contrary, I'm going to continue suspecting that Torg's parents and the Timeless Space duo are one and the same.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat