Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Clotho Legacy
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:05 am 
It seems Kada and Calix are rounding up quite a crew for themselves. I wonder what will happen when they meet the forces of John Jacobs head on? Perhaps the two forces meeting inside Jacobs giant time bubble will be enough to accidentally jumpstart the Clotho Legacy. After that its just a straight up battle for control of Not-So-Timeless Space.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:07 am 
I'm not really sure why they want to fight JJ anyway - surely initiating the Clotho thingy is good for everyone? Right?

I suppose maybe it has to do with the way he tortures and conquers people :-P

But then again, who will they get instead? Calix maybe? A guy who, er, 'persuades' and 'liberates' people? Not that I'm cynical or anything, you understand.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:15 pm 
Maybe Calix is John Jacobs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:36 pm 
Does anyone else think that Jon Jacobs is going to use Teknokon One to gather more slaves from normal(ie not timeless) space? That would be much easier than trying to find slaves, with time, in timeless space.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:45 pm 
I'm suddenly seeing a problem with the Legacy's execution.

Timeless objects and people aren't subject to gravity. That's why there are all those floating islands--only the upper, populated surfaces are in timebubbles, so they stay up.

If Timeless Space becomes timeful, all the islands will crash into the no-longer-unmoving ocean below...

--The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:01 pm 
Actually, I was just about to post something like this topic myself. It certaily seems logical, and Calix bringing his entire army to Jacob's base would have the same effect as Jacobs using the Map to capture all those people instead.

fes23 - The Legacy itself isn't wrong. However, Jacobs' motives are purely selfish, and his actions are causing suffering. Anything good that comes from him is simply an accident, a means to an end. Besides, Calix could probably activate the Legacy himself after defeating Jacobs. He can tell whenever anyone enters the void, and using Carver's Infinite Aura as a starting point would mean that he'd need fewer people.

EvilMidnightLurker - Jacobs' base is located in the center of a massive time bubble that is surely bigger than any island. If he can keep himself afloat, so can anyone else. Or maybe everyone outside the base will drown when the Legacy is activated; I wouldn't put that above him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:32 pm 
Ok, but Timeless Space is all about survival, right? JJ's method of ensuring his survival (and that of those he cares about, if any) is to initiate the Clotho Legacy with him as dictator. Dictatorship = bad, fine. But if the point is survival does revolution = good? When it will inevitably involve plenty of death and destruction? When what you get instead is the same result (Clotho Legacy) but with more people dying to get there?

Either Timeless Space is all about survival OR it's a place for moral crusades. These seem mutually exclusive to me.

Can anyone give me strips to show how/why Jacobs is considered so evil? I'd be grateful - I'm feeling morally out of step with the Heroes, which is never a comfortable place to be! (you get trodden on a lot)

Yeah, and sorry if this seems a little troll... (having a bad day)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:44 pm 
fes23 wrote:
I'm feeling morally out of step with the Heroes, which is never a comfortable place to be! (you get trodden on a lot)

Yeah, and sorry if this seems a little troll... (having a bad day)

It's not trollish at all. And I would agree with you. I'm having a hard time getting 100% behind the heroes here as well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:10 pm 
AOL: FireDrakeK
wwell i'm totally bhnnd BA and kada, it's calix that i'm haveing trouble fully supporting, and i think that's the point. calex has become self destrucive.

we can all suport the bun becase when he does awsome and evil things, he's not pretending to be a good guy. he's strigh up evil and we love it

calex is supposed to be fighting for good, and whar'he's doing isn't so clearly good. but i'm petty sure that's the point. calex is more out for revenge than out to do good.

so were not supposed to agree with him just eel sorry that he's lost his way, and hope kada will show him the light again.

yay mixed medaphores!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:25 pm 
Well, it seems more likely Jacobs will bring his army to take down Calix/Kada and establish the Clothos Legacy. All he would need is a spy to follow them back to Carver.

As for the ground problems, we haven't seen any large enough time bubbles yet that swallowed whole islands. There could be another method to the madness. Although, most methods I can think of would be nullified by the Clothos Legacy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:22 pm 
How did all those chunks of land get there, anyway? It seems like, other than Calix's village, for the most part people, rather than land, get transported to TS. Come to think of it, shouldn't there be a crater where the village was?

Edited for punkchewashon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:54 am 
Can someone remind of what exactly IS the Cclotho Legacy?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:38 am 
hidufel wrote:

The theory is that, if enough people are brought together in one place, a perpetual timeline will result -- ie those people will never run out of time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:57 am 
WLM: beam_me_back
AOL: The_Stalag_Girl
Rysto wrote:
hidufel wrote:

The theory is that, if enough people are brought together in one place, a perpetual timeline will result -- ie those people will never run out of time.

...named for Clotho, 1st of the Moirae (3 Fates) who spun the thread of life (the 2nd, Lachesis, measuered the thread, and the 3rd, Atropos, cut it).

Also, the strip can be found here.

I love mythology. And double quotes. ^_^

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:56 pm 
thx that refreshes my memory a bit.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat