Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Torg & Zoë's Wedding
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:51 pm 
Torg & Zoë's Wedding, I'm really bored and Kada and Calix are starting to grind at my nerves so I was thinking if Pete puts Torg & Zoë's Wedding in the last 2 years or so of sluggy as so many of you want, what would it be like, I mean Riff would be the Best Man, Gwynn would be the Maid of Honor, the rest of the bride's maids would be Sasha and Min, but with the gang, Clem, who think's Zoë is his "Woman," and Zoë's mom who hates Torg, I think it will be funny to the Max, this is what I see as one of the High lights,
Precher: Dose any Person here have any reson why this man and this Woman should not be wed let him speeck now or forever hold his peace.
Clem stands
Riff over by Torg leans behind a plant pulls out his laser cannon and stuns him.

Oh and what kind of Bachelor party would Riff give Torg?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:55 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
You're forgetting Oasis. I think she'd be a little harder to deal with than Clem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:29 am 
AOL: Surgoshan
As to the bachelor party, I think it would involve robots. And things would go downhill rapidly when someone (Torg) spilled beer on one of them.

And Oasis' latest incarnation seems very stable. I'm sure she'd understand if, after several years, Torg moved on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:29 am 
No I can't see her understanding, but I don't think Torg would pop, "The Question," unless Oasis was taken care of one way our another. Bachelor Party, somehow I see Torg and Riff more drunk that even here http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=010619

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:54 pm 
I think it would be one HELL of a party!
I'd love to see Torg and Zoe get married. :-) Imagine Bert as an Usher!
LOL Min and Sasha as Bridesmaids with Sam and Bert as Ushers. :-D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:56 pm 
I'd rather not see it until Pete is ready to throw in the towel. It'd be a jumping-the-shark, bridge-burning kind of thing if not worked out in a convincing manner. Then again, I'm horribly jaded from the patê the telly churns out.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:49 pm 
AOL: SimonJester1v1
Location: Look at me still talking when there's Science to do!
If it were done right, it could open up whole new avenues for the story to go down. It doesn't HAVE to be a jump-the-shark moment.

But it would make an excellent happy ending.

Squishykiki^2, alas, Bert has fallen and cannot ush the wedding. (to ush- the verb form of the duties of an usher).

And Sam might not be able to go on sacred ground if they hold the wedding in a church.

But it would definitely be cool.

Assuming she's gotten no less sane since we last saw her, Oasis's current version is stable enough to be able to accept that Torg doesn't really love her, I think. But not without a good deal of effort and anguish (not to mention some Torg-Oasis interaction, which we haven't seen in several years).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:33 am 
While the wedding of Torg and Zoe is something that I have long dreamed of seeing printed (even digitally), its not something that is going to happen. Pete has pretty clearly decided not to go through with that idea.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:17 am 
why?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:34 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Just because it has not yet happened does not mean that it will never happen. In fact, I don't believe that it must necessarily mean the end of Sluggy--it will merely mean a change. And it's not like there haven't been drastic changes before.

However, I don't think that Torg would be willing to take that step until he knew that it would be safe--ie, Oasis no longer an issue, HeretiCorp completely dismantled, and no danger of a demonic invasion (though I don't think there's much danger of one now...at least not from the DoP). So it certainly won't happen for a good while yet.

Dan Aris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:39 pm 
AOL: SimonJester1v1
Location: Look at me still talking when there's Science to do!
I think that at the end of OU, there will be a phase of wrap-up. In fact, I suspect that one of the purposes of OU is to 'buy time' for Pete to figure out resolutions to some of the loose ends from the 'old Sluggy' and 'middle Sluggy' eras.

That wrap-up might well run... if not fast, at least not so slow as all that. In which case we would quite probably see a Torg-Zoe wedding before Pete decides to stop.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:32 pm 
I don't know weather we will see them get married any time soon but I think we will see them get together, why the only thing that will fix Torg is Zoë as his girlfriend, they have reached the time to make a chose one way or another.

Know the bachelor party fun time Torg+Riff+Alcohol+I'm seeing Crystal's bar+their friends=distraction and a large bill for Riff, I'm seeing Riff put on a indoor fireworks display fun times for everyone but Crystal until Riff pays up on the new building.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:29 pm 
Raptor wrote:
why?

Because if Pete was going to put Torg and Zoe together, he would have done so a while back. Right around or shortly following the events of That Which Redeems. He missed his cue. Then he freaking burried it under moutains of loose plot points, Oceans Unmoving, and so on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:53 pm 
T-1000 have you not read all of the other chats about this, holding it off makes it cooler when the do get together, if he had done it oh say right after Oasis tried to marry Torg we wold have gotten board in about a month but know we really really want them together and so we will not get board so fast especially with the time he has had to set up things to try to break them up, Clem and Zoë's Mom and more.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:44 pm 
winsettz wrote:
I'd rather not see it until Pete is ready to throw in the towel. It'd be a jumping-the-shark, bridge-burning kind of thing if not worked out in a convincing manner. Then again, I'm horribly jaded from the patê the telly churns out.

It'll be easy to make the marriage work, Pete just has to give them a marriage like Nick & Nora Charles in the "Thin Man" movies. They love each other, they know the other loves them, they trust each other, they may feel jealousy now and then, but know it's nothing to worry about.
:torg: & :zoe:
As long as Pete doesn't give them marriage trouble, it won't "jump the shark."

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat