Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:51 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Well, they still have to have another few dates, and he has to make sure she doesn't get kicked in the face. The whole thing with Alt-Zoe has probably left Torg wary of another relationship for a while, even when he did fall in love with the original Zoe.

Courtship, the inevitable delays and wacky hijinks, the bachelor(ette) party, and then the twist at the ceremony... it'll be around 2010 at least before "I do" comes around.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:28 pm 
Thats about what I said, all though I'd put it at 2008, I just wanted to have some fun with what would happen like Riff's Idea of the Bachelor party, robots, guns, explosions, and alcohol, Riff dream party hopefully the body count will be low.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:41 pm 
RCG wrote:
It'll be easy to make the marriage work, Pete just has to give them a marriage like Nick & Nora Charles in the "Thin Man" movies. They love each other, they know the other loves them, they trust each other, they may feel jealousy now and then, but know it's nothing to worry about.

I would love to see that, but I'm not sure it would work. I mean, a good bit of Zoe's appeal lies in the way she plays the "straight (wo)man" to Torg's goofiness, and the goofiness of the gang in general. I imagine Torg and Zoe would be closer to Burns and Allen (except that Zoe would be George, and Torg would be Gracie). And, well, that's been done, and done by the best duo possible, at that.

Still, I agree that it would be beautiful to see Torg and Zoe stop second guessing themselves and each other for once. But then Pete would have to find us a new source of angst!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:53 pm 
He has one the Sasha, Riff, Gwynn Love Triangle and Riff's lone wolf mentality, he needs a pack.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:32 am 
AOL: SimonJester1v1
Location: Look at me still talking when there's Science to do!
T-1000, The Wedding is an event that can't really happen until other things happen first. For example:
For very good and logical reasons, Torg is now a textbook case of post-traumatic stress disorder. This is a natural consequence of plot events, even for someone with as thick-skinned a psyche as Torg's. It is very unlikely that Zoe and Torg could have a stable relationship until Torg, at the very least, opens up and begins to deal with his demons (in either the literal or the metaphorical sense).
The cast has enemies that are still out there, and apparently fairly strong. They've had years to lick their wounds, and they're hungry for revenge. Until at least SOME of that is out of the way, The Wedding would be a huge target.
And, simplest of all, until Torg reaches some kind of resolution with Oasis, any marriage (or even steady dating) between Torg and Zoe would probably be a suicide pact.

It's going to be a while, but it seems very unlikely that it would never happen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:46 pm 
Simon_Jester wrote:
The cast has enemies that are still out there, and apparently fairly strong. They've had years to lick their wounds, and they're hungry for revenge. Until at least SOME of that is out of the way, The Wedding would be a huge target.

Hey! It could be like Reed and Sue's wedding from Fantastic Four, where Doctor Doom got every lowlife the team had ever fought to battle them! Only without the Watcher to save the day!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:00 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Mewtarthio wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:

Hey! It could be like Reed and Sue's wedding from Fantastic Four, where Doctor Doom got every lowlife the team had ever fought to battle them! Only without the Watcher to save the day!

See, in THAT case, I'd root for a wedding. Sure, plotwise it'd be awkward right away, but still, Hereti-corp, Psykosis, K'Z'K and Grabijan all vs Torg, Zoe, Riff and the gang? Sweet!

Edit: Oasis too. How could I forget Oasis?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:39 pm 
And Bunbun and his foe's! Now that would be awsome indeed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:44 pm 
AOL: SimonJester1v1
Location: Look at me still talking when there's Science to do!
I don't think Bun-Bun would actually attack the gang.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:54 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
True, but if Bunbun attended the wedding and Santa decided that the rabbit was off guard? Or worse yet, Santa used the ability to make other rules in order to allow the Pumpkin King entrance? Bun-bun's presence alone makes it more interesting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:40 pm 
What would Bun-Bun be at the wedding any way?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:10 pm 
Getting drunk on 151 Rum

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:31 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Mith the Godling wrote:
Getting drunk on 151 Rum

It's a wedding, he's got more class than that. He'll be drunk on Champagne.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat