Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:46 pm 
still working on it, still trying for thursday, but you guys may have to wait till friday, or, should something horrible befall me, monday.

formating was a bit of a pain, but i think i've got it worked out... with any luck it'll be pretty pro...

umm... is there a limit on how long a post can be? cause this one is looking pretty big so far >>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:07 pm 
I think this is a great idea. I'd already posted in the Moon Twin thread before I saw this...I'll restrain myself for a few days...

RXY - are you and Mao going through all the archives, too? I expect the main post will need to be edited on a regular basis to keep the theories current.

And I agree with the others that it is hard to keep the threads separate sometimes...it as if gossomer threads stitch everything together...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:52 pm 
fwew... finnally done with the theory compile and organisation...

i'm actually not as happy with it as i was in the begining... i kinda found myself adding less and less to it, but couldnt really tell if thats because people stoped proposing new theories, points and counterpoints, and instead went on to post several facinating and relevent observations that werent really theories persay, or if i was just getting lazy.

anyway, so far its about 8 pages worth of word document, which is a fair bit... and is pretty spiffy in terms of its formatting, if i do say so myself. i'd post it right now... but i've got some stuff i want to add. the top two being...

-I have mao gathering a list of all the 'Facts' concerning Oasis... which means that they're coming straight from the comic and cant really be interpreted in more than one literal sense (ie. "Kusari says that she and Oasis are familly (link)")

-I really want to do a few kind of introductions at the points where i seperate the theory catagories. like a brief word about Kusari and why she's worth speculating on when you get to the 'Kusari' section, and the like.

finally, this is a heavilly formated 8 page word document. it needs to be turned into a very long html post. working out that translation Scares me. if anyone knows any way to get it done automaticly, i'd be very thankfull.

also! just realized i also need to do a bunch of links on a few theories, and need to include links to relevent forum topics... x_x

in conclusion, if anyone wants to write the introduction (a short little thing about who Oasis is, why we love her so much, and why she's warrented so much speculation, etc), it means alot less work for me, so PM 'em over.

ps: Wile E, you want me to send you up a copy for your approval once i'm fully absolutly done?

EDIT: so my thursday estimate was off... lets see if its not up by friday night, than i'll do my best for saturday. i just want this done properly, dagnabit.

Last edited by RYXlord on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:18 am 
Word 2003 can save straight into HTML. I don't know which version that started being possible in, but it should be right on the file menu.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:10 am 
AOL: [email protected]
DEAR GOD NO!!!

Never, ever try to use Word's ability to save to HTML. It creates a terrible, awful, abominable mess that only IE can parse into anything even remotely nice.

It may be that 2k3 is a little better than prior versions, but I guarantee you it won't be anything particularly nice as HTML goes, let alone anything you can paste into the message boxes...

Dan Aris
(Web design is part of my job)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:03 pm 
ACME Sales Rep.
ACME Sales Rep.
WLM: DesertSongDog
AOL: DesertSongDog
RYXlord wrote:

finally, this is a heavilly formated 8 page word document. it needs to be turned into a very long html post. working out that translation Scares me. if anyone knows any way to get it done automaticly, i'd be very thankfull.

ps: Wile E, you want me to send you up a copy for your approval once i'm fully absolutly done?

I really don't know if there is a page limit per post but I would guess that 8 pages might be a bit long. If you have it in sections you can always make a post for each section. I will let you post it when it's ready and just stickify it later that way you will still be able to edit your own posts.

You can send it to me first but as long as there are no community standard violations it should be okay.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:49 pm 
this will be my final post here before i put the topic up. i'm currently scheduling all of saturday to convert the word file into html by hand, and by my honor i WILL have it up on sunday.

hey, now i know how most ameture web-comic authors must feel O.o

gotta post it on sunday... can edit in perfection later...

EDIT: allright, its live. if you find anything wrong with it, and i mean anything at all, spelling, akward phrasing, awkward spacing, anything. pm me so i can fix it. i want this to be awesome dagnabit. (also, if you can think of better things for those little theory catagory headers, send those two, cause mine kinda suck)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat