Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: "Slaw" Oasis theory
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 am 
Okay... this is just a thought. But what if Monicruel knew about the Oasis project? She somehow managed to get hold of Oasis' mental data - her skills and all the commands that Dr. Steve had given her - and downloaded all of them into her sister's head (substituting in her name for Dr. Steve's in a few places)?

Then Monicruel gets a 'bodyguard' who will die to protect her, and has skills similar to Oasis - but she also copied over Dr. Steve's last command, causing Teresa to fall for Torg, overriding her 'keep-Monicruel-safe' programming.

Post subject: Re: "Slaw" Oasis theory
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 am 
Hmm... disregarding just how Monicruel would've gone about it, doesn't it seem like it would be a watered-down version of the data? Teresa's athletic, but we haven't seen any backflip kills yet, and she didn't dodge or parry Kusari's attack. And while she's got a crush on Torg, she's hardly "as giddy as a schoolgirl."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 am 
Another maybe-a-hint was that she instinctively knew that Bun Bun was trouble. Maybe she had a brush with Oasis' soul while she was searching for a new body to take over, and took on some of Oasis' traits.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 pm 
That's actually a point - but one that argues against her being Oasis. Oasis was not afraid of Bun-Bun, and is in fact the only creature that has come extremely close to killing him. She would still view Bun-Bun as merely a momentary impediment - not something to be very afraid of. I suspect that Kusari would treat Bun-Bun much the same. Teresa seems genuinely afraid of Bun-Bun, not simply aware of his extraordinary fighting skills and bad-ass attitude. There is definitely a connection of some sort here - and I'm dying to find it out. But Teresa is something different. Not Oasis. Not Kusari. Similar. Yet quite different. And yet, it's the kiss that clues Torg in - not the hair - not the extraordinary abilities - the kiss.... Hmmm.

Although that's another difference. Teresa was sort of crushing on Riff as well - Torg just happened to win out (saving her from getting killed by Kusari might have helped). Riff is a non-entity as far as Oasis is concerned... Just sayin'

Oh and that would be another difference... Apparently Teresa would not have lasted very long on her own against Kusari - which full circle - brings us back to her being terrified of the bunny. She simply does not appear to be in the same league as Oasis-Kusari.

Random pondering: I wonder how Nash/Strom would view Bun-Bun? He actually took on Oasis and lived. Barely, perhaps, but nonetheless survived after threatening her family.

More questions than answers... ...as usual.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Let's not forget that Theresa has been in the same room as Zoƫ and did NOT flip out and killed her.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am 
Oasis only flips out and tries to kill Zoe because Torg's rejected Oasis in favour of Zoe before. It's not a direct command - it's a secondary effect.

Yes, it does seem that the Oasis-commands are weakened in Teresa. Part of the difference could be accounted for by assuming that Teresa hasn't gone through the same physical regimen as Oasis has; but she's also a good deal less affected by the "you're in love with Torg" command, which wouldn't really be altered by physical training. I suspect that she's got part of Oasis' mind in her subconscious, probably in an attempt to gain Oasis' combat abilities (albeit in a somewhat attenuated form), but that this is mediated by her still having her own conscious mind.

I'm not sure whether or not 'inexplicably-scared-of-bun-bun' fits this theory or not. Bun-bun did fight Oasis to a standstill, before she suddenly displayed her pyrokenetic powers. If Teresa has access to that memory on a subconcious level, then she's have reason to be wary around Bun-bun.

If Torg rejects Teresa in favour of Zoe, then Teresa might flip out and try to kill her in the future. However, at the moment, it seems more likely that Lau will mutate Teresa...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 am 
...Thus turning her into Sluggy Prime's version of Mosp, a role we assumed was filled by the already-present snake girl, just as Pete planned?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:28 am 
Just some more food for thought...

Has anyone noticed that Doctor Steve and Crushestro kind of look alike?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 pm 
firebird wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Doctor Steve and Crushestro kind of look alike?

My initial reaction was O-M-G. But.... Why would his newest creation appear to be inferior to an older creation? (Per my comparison comments above).

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 am 
swmartian wrote:
My initial reaction was O-M-G. But.... Why would his newest creation appear to be inferior to an older creation? (Per my comparison comments above).

Because he lost all his notes when the Isle of Dr. Steve blew up, and has just been trying to get back to where he'd started ever since?

What makes me wary of that spec is that Torg would have recognised Dr. Steve, and Dr. Steve would have recognised Torg. That didn't happen; thus, I'm pretty sure that Crushestro is not Dr. Steve. (Though he might be Dr. Steve's brother or something, but that begs the question of why Dr. Steve wasn't all shiny).

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
It'd be easier to list the ways the two women are *similar* rather than their differences......

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
It'd be easier to list the ways the two women are *similar* rather than their differences......

My conclusion exactly.
Seems like the "Slaughteresa is Oasis in disguise"-theory is on thin ice.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Maybe Oasis is a clone spliced from different genetic samples and Slaw happened to provide a sizable chunk of the DNA?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 pm 
CCC wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Because he lost all his notes when the Isle of Dr. Steve blew up, and has just been trying to get back to where he'd started ever since?

What makes me wary of that spec is that Torg would have recognised Dr. Steve, and Dr. Steve would have recognised Torg. That didn't happen; thus, I'm pretty sure that Crushestro is not Dr. Steve. (Though he might be Dr. Steve's brother or something, but that begs the question of why Dr. Steve wasn't all shiny).

Well, and also the Crushestro-Monicruel connection appears to be only a recent one. So one assumes that Teresa would also would not have an earlier Crushestro connection. Also, now that I'm thinking about it... Since Monicruel and Teresa are sisters, that would mean... Oh EW! Why did I go there???? :-P

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm 
I know that this post is old, but some thoughts came to mind, and I couldn't find other posts referring to it directly.

First, a question for those better versed in the timeline: Was Crushestro introduced before of after the (apparent) demise of Dr. Steve?

(And yes, my last two major posts happen to feature Crushestro - just coincidence - ooh, shiny!)

Actually, that last is part of the reason I wonder, but I'll get back to that.

Presuming Crushestro came after the explosion seen here http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/991017 then couldn't Dr. Steve and Crushestro be one and the same?

1. They look very similar (except for the lack of metallic shiny on Dr. Steve)
2. They are both connected to "sisters" (Dr. Steve = Oasis/Kusari?, Crushestro = Monicruel/Teresa)
3. They both have connections to women with multiple hair strands (Dr. Steve = Oasis, Crushestro = Teresa by extension thru Monicruel, and of course their mother with the same amount of strands as Oasis)
I could probably come up with more points, but the kicker is going back to the above comic, where Kiki points out Dr. Steve's 'shiny' car - what better way to go all shiny than to make oneself all shiny.

As to why Crushestro wouldn't recognize Torg later - are we really sure he didn't? And, if he didn't, couldn't it be a form of amnesia from the explosion?
And why doesn't Torg recognize Crushestro as Dr. Steve? Do I really have to answer that? ;)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat