Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: VOTE SLUGGY
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:53 pm 
I'm on vay-kay for the next two weeks, that means ten fewer votes for Sluggy this month. If anyone has a friend who reads Sluggy but doesn't vote, please try too get them to start voting.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:09 pm 
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :kiki: :kiki:
Now remember to vote evey day. :bunbun:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am 
RCG wrote:
RCG wrote:

Have you voted Sluggy today? :torg: :zoe: :riff: :gwynn: :bunbun: :kiki: :oasis: :aylee:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:10 pm 
D@mn! I've been sent home from work for the next few weeks. No more two votes a day for a while. :bert:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm 
RCG wrote:
D@mn! I've been sent home from work for the next few weeks. No more two votes a day for a while. :bert:

I have been working from home for a while due to a foot injury. I discovered that I can vote 4 times a day:

1. Connected to my home internet (wireless).
2. Connected through the hot spot on my phone.
3. Connected to work through the local campus Virtual Private Network (this option apparently is the same as voting in person on campus (so I can't vote through the VPN at home first and then again on campus)).
4. Connected to work through the second campus Virtual Private Network.
I'm waiting for them to open a third campus (then I can vote 5x a day).

Most everyone should be able to do the first two (depending on your resources, of course).

If you choose the extra protection of a private VPN, then you could disconnect momentarily to vote through your own wifi. Or vote before you log onto the VPN. Just sayin'.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:34 pm 
...I still think spreading the sluggy word through other venues would be so much easier and about a zillion times more effective.

*shrug*
I don't want to disturb your daily routine though. Lol.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm 
swmartian wrote:
RCG wrote:

I have been working from home for a while due to a foot injury. I discovered that I can vote 4 times a day:

1. Connected to my home internet (wireless).
2. Connected through the hot spot on my phone.
3. Connected to work through the local campus Virtual Private Network (this option apparently is the same as voting in person on campus (so I can't vote through the VPN at home first and then again on campus)).
4. Connected to work through the second campus Virtual Private Network.
I'm waiting for them to open a third campus (then I can vote 5x a day).

Most everyone should be able to do the first two (depending on your resources, of course).

If you choose the extra protection of a private VPN, then you could disconnect momentarily to vote through your own wifi. Or vote before you log onto the VPN. Just sayin'.

YOu can vote without logging onto your account from each, and then again network by logging on.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
...I still think spreading the sluggy word through other venues would be so much easier and about a zillion times more effective.

*shrug*
I don't want to disturb your daily routine though. Lol.

Yeah, I don’t vote because I think that this ‘thing’ is a great way to ‘get the word out’. If Pete thought that this would be useful, he’d be asking us.

I started voting because I think this comic is worth something. Comedy and stories are good for the soul even during normal times – that much more in these abnormal times. It is my tiny way of saying thanks (that and being a defender and transcribing the comic). Given what Pete has gone through emotionally lately, given that Pete lives near Ground Zero for the U.S. part of the pandemic, and still puts Sluggy out there for us regularly, the 30 seconds or so that it takes me to vote 4 times is a rather simple way for me to say thanks.

When we first started voting on this thing, we actually got near the top 30. I thought we might have a chance to get close to the top – which would have been a cool way to say thanks to Pete – considering that he had not even asked us to vote.

And then we started losing voters. Now we can barely make 150-160; it hardly seems worth it. But wouldn’t it be nice if, during this time of upheaval, we could do something just a little nice for Pete; and all the folks that gave up voting and all the naysayers who didn’t vote to start with all decided to vote every day during April? We should at least be able to get back to the top 30, and who knows what we could do, if we all decided to make the tiny effort*

Just sayin'…

*It's not like I'm asking for help pulling my weeds (though that would be nice)... ;-)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:01 am 
Last month was better then most, but we're still not braking into the top 100.
Maybe this month. :torg: :zoe: :riff: :gwynn: :aylee: :bunbun: :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 pm 
We would only need about 3 more votes per day than last month to break 100. Just sayin'....

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:04 pm 
I messed up two days this month, so we missed 15 votes that we should have had...

But we still would not have broken 100. We need at least one more extra vote per day every day (including weekends) next month and then we can do it!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:40 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Right now Sluggy Freelance is in the top 100 at the 98th position. With 3 votes. I don't think it's going to last very long.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:46 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Well, it's for real this time. Not even past the 20 and Sluggy Freelance is now officially in the top 100.

at the #100 position. For now.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:14 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Well, it's for real this time. Not even past the 20 and Sluggy Freelance is now officially in the top 100.

at the #100 position. For now.

#99 now. :kiki: but it was #98 this morning.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:20 pm 
Only 5 more votes needed (as of today) to break 90!! Just sayin'....

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat