Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:48 pm 
AOL: Dolash02
Hm, many good points. I had been looking to external threats for unfinished loose ends, and neglecting their own group-dynamic as a potential source of conflict.

So I guess we could say...

12)Riff's Father: A mysterious and apparently connected figure, who might have contributed to his son's inverted nature and Dr. Lorna's general hatred of everyone. We haven't seen him clearly, before, and he seems more then a little shady in character. Perhaps he's connected to Hereti-Corp? Or something more sinister? Maybe there's nothing worse then father-son tension between them, but if so, just why and how much is there?

13)The Camel Necklace: Although a useful tool at times - as an emergancy disguise, or otherwise - the camel necklace is also a pain for Zoe, and she would likely leap at any chance to be rid of it. It's unlikely to go away any time soon, though, since it's 'cure' is likely not to be part of a mainstream plotline.

14)Sasha: Sasha looked to be finished - she left town - but then, once you've had contact with Riff and those around him, it generally causes you to be dragged back into things. There might not be much going on with her now, but that doesn't mean Pete wouldn't bring her back if the plotline suited her arrival - as it might, in any capacity.

15)Riff and Gwynn: This relation hasn't advanced much in recent... well... years, to be frank, but there still remains just enough hint of emotion left that it might yet rise from the ashes. Gwynn feels for Riff still, and Riff for her, but they're both simply incapable of properly expressing it. Still, they're still there for each other when really needed, and Pete may yet bring them back into the limelight if something were to throw them together.

16)Torg Potter: Torg may yet be called back to the magic school, to deal with some new problem or parody another movie/book. Less a subplot as much as it is a tool Pete may make use of as he wills, there are no loose ends here, since it is brought up solely for the purpose of a series of comics, and then may as well have never happened. Still, it's out there.

17)Torg and Zoe: How could I have missed them the first time around? Perhaps the mother of all subplots, brewing practically since Zoe's first appearance, they are always and painfully just on the cusp of a relationship. Torg knows he loves Zoe, but not only can he not deal with that, he has been mentally shattered somewhat when he fell in love with Alt-Zoe and she died - perhaps he's afraid of putting Zoe in danger, for fear of her dying the same way? Maybe he just can't face her because of the memories it brought up of him and Alt-Zoe. As for Zoe, she seems attracted to Torg but at the same time simply can't adapt to what he finds normal and especially has trouble dealing with his emotional aloofness and inability to communicate honestly with her. Will this relationship ever really get off the ground? What will happen? Will they be safe? Sluggy Freelance is startlingly old at this point, and throughout it's life people have been waiting for Pete's master plan to unfold for these two, sadly, we will have to wait at least a little longer.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:52 pm 
Mewtarthio wrote:
Torg couldn't use his own blood because the sword requires the blood of an innocent victim. I doubt Torg qualifies as "innocent" after TWR. We aren't precisely told what the term "innocent" entails, but I'm fairly certain it's more restrictive than "hasn't killed any innocent people."

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=040622

as chaz put it "If the worst thing you've done is throw food* at people in anger your blood will still work for me."

* Excluding foods like crunchy tacos and nitro-stuffed turkeys

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:56 pm 
AOL: Dolash02
Well, since most morality is perspective, and we can reason that Torg's perspective is one that sees himself as pure, we could argue quite effectively that if you sincerely think you're good, then you're good enough for your blood to work - maybe.

If it is perspective driven, then that means even Oasis's blood could activate the sword, since she seems to at least think of herself as a victim.

However, if Chaz's judgement of morality comes from the perspective of his creator, then we have no way to know who will work and who will not beyond experimentation.

It occurs to me Sam might be useful in that respect, considering he must have some skill at collecting blood.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:10 pm 
You know, this hardly counts, but we never *did* learn exactly what the wand that Lara handed over to Bill was for.

I mean, if something develops from that, I'd almost feel cheated....but still, we don't know aside from a few weird implications.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Does anyone else wonder what Alt-Oasis (in the Dimension of Lame) is like? Pity Pete didn't give us a glimpse of her.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:09 am 
Afgncaap5 wrote:
You know, this hardly counts, but we never *did* learn exactly what the wand that Lara handed over to Bill was for.

I mean, if something develops from that, I'd almost feel cheated....but still, we don't know aside from a few weird implications.

It was the Wand of scoobusdobios du

The wand that made the Carnivorous smurf

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:23 pm 
Fallout wrote:
Afgncaap5 wrote:

It was the Wand of scoobusdobios du

The wand that made the Carnivorous smurf

Ah, so it is. I never made that connection before.

That still doesn't answer the quetion of just what Bill wanted it for, though...unless I'm missing something else (always a possibility).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:56 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: isyomamaallama8
AOL: Cheeseboy88
I've noticed you neglected to include any Bun-bun-related dangling subplots. Is this because we are still waiting to find out how our current one ends?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat