Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:55 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
OrzBrain wrote:
Well, he could say:

"She died in that world too, Torg. Another me buried her charred body in the sands of an alien desert. The first thing you said to me when I found you there was, "You promised you'd bring her back. You promised."
"On the walls of your alternate's room was her face, repeated over and over again. Laughing, smiling, happy."
"She realized before the end, you know. Almost her last words to me while Oasis raved about 'her Torgie' this and 'her Torgie' that, were, "He loves me. And I love him."
"Then the fire came, and she died screaming."
"I did my best to bring her back for you. This copy is the best I could do. But this one never lived that final day. She never realized she loved you. I'm sorry, dude."

Just a suggestion...
Silverwalker wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:
Well, he could say:

"She died in that world too, Torg. Another me buried her charred body in the sands of an alien desert. The first thing you said to me when I found you there was, "You promised you'd bring her back. You promised."
"On the walls of your alternate's room was her face, repeated over and over again. Laughing, smiling, happy."
"She realized before the end, you know. Almost her last words to me while Oasis raved about 'her Torgie' this and 'her Torgie' that, were, "He loves me. And I love him."
"I did my best to bring her back for you. This copy is the best I could do. But this one never lived that final day. She never realized she loved you. I'm sorry, dude."

Just a suggestion...

Wow, that's really well written! Dramatic and well-thought-out.
shadowdemon_lord wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:
Well, he could say:

Just a suggestion...

The beauty with which you summed up the crazyness Riff has been through brought tears to my eyes, I applaud you!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Thanks for saving this, greg..

really, when you think about it, what IS riff going to say?

Obviously he needs to give the info required to stop the R&D wars from bringing about 4U city in his own dimension, but what should he say about the whole torg/zoe thing?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:08 pm 
On the one hand, Riff usually stays out of peoples' relationships (including his own)
On the other hand, it's Torg, and we don't know how much meddling Riff would do in Torg's love life when it's this serious.

Also, Zoe, quit dying! :oasis:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 pm 
Thanks for taking the time and consideration to move this, gregnier.

Logically one would expect Riff to just hit some of the major plot points and keep mum about the rest, as the gang seems to usually do. But that comment today, "Maybe I can tell Torg and..." suggests intriguing possibilities.
What, besides the Relationship, would he want to keep from Zoe? Torg's possible key role in the R&D wars? Riff's sense of responsibility for what has happened? The lengthy period of time that passed in the 4U dimension while they were there?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 pm 
It could be that after having watched so many people's destinies be decided for them, he doesn't want to say anything that could "force" people to act in a certain way, especially Zoe. He's always had a hero complex, and now he's finding himself smack in the middle of the same thing that destroyed another dimension which he started and Torg created. And the simple fact of the matter could just be that he is afraid of making it worse.

That said, OzBrain, I got chills reading what you wrote. That was incredible.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:19 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: aquarosewater
AOL: aquarosewater
I tend to think of Zoe differently than the rest of the cast. For example - In the Ghost House arcs, there was some discussion about Zoe having no soul. But I think of personality as being a very important part of a person's soul, at least spiritually. When Zoe's thoughts, memories, conciousness, and sentience was nanite-transferred to her vegebody from the night before the Oasis attacks, even though Zoe might not have lived through that day, she's not a copy.

At least, not in the most recent strips I've seen of her. There's been no forshadowing of negative thoughts, and nothing brought forth to make me- personally- treat her any differently than the Zoe she was when she burned to a crisp with Riff. Riff has seen Zoe in her vegebody, lived through visiting with her, and his main focus throughout the entire 4U City Mega-Arc was to bring Zoe home to Torg intact. He did a nearly flawless job.

The self-congratulatory moment after Riff's alternate disappears was enough for me to think that Riff really does consider Zoe "intact". Riff's hesitation to talk about the 4U arc probably has to do with the pain and suffering of being rebooted and thinking Zoe was in constant agony during that time.

Additionally - since DOL - Zoe was an item with Torg, and I always was of the impression that he accepted her for/despite her differences from Zoe Prime. He knew she was different, and couldn't escape that fact. Zoe Prime, even "rebooted", is still essentially Zoe from the last point at which Torg saw her in person. Torg's had two years to miss her, etc. I don't think he'll care too much about her being a rebooted person.

(Actually, IMHO, after DOL Zoe was lost I think Torg would've given anything to get HER back. But he saw her squished, so that wasn't even an option.)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: aquarosewater
AOL: aquarosewater
I do feel I should mention - the post was quite dramatic and well-written, and although I didn't agree with the sentiments portrayed by it, it would be a wrenching scene.

But I also think that Torg's been in love with Zoe since somewhere around year two or three, been focused on keeping her safe beginning at Fire and Rain and ending through Roken - and now he's just happy to have her back. I'm pretty sure Riff isn't going to say that Zoe had a revelation about being in love with Torg during the encounter with Oasis. Actually, I think that would hinder developments for Zoe more than anyone else, even Torg. Heck, for Torg, her "ah-ha!" confirmation is pretty much what Torg already wants to be true. She'll get around to it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 am 
I agree pretty much, Moueska. Except about the no soul thing. People keep miss-remembering that.

Creepser and company couldn't detect her soul. Zoe was disturbed and later asked Gwynn, and Gwynn admitted that she had asked the Book to protect Zoe, resulting in the Wraiths being unable to see her soul. I forget at this moment exactly when she asked for protection for Zoe -- was it when the elf ghost possessed her during an early Halloween party and Gwynn forced it out? At any rate, Gwynn cast the same protection on herself when the Mind Wedgier was trying to eat her, meaning that Gwynn would now also present a soulless appearance to a Wrath.
It was confirmed that both of them still have a soul (or at least Zoe had one before her most recent adventure) during the same storyline where it was confirmed that Chaz has a soul -- the thing with Gwynn's hair and the extra dimensional entities almost selling their souls to the KZK cult.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am 
The awesomeness that Gregnier would save this post!

In response to OrzBrain's post (again) - it is indeed tragic that this Zoë never got to realize that she loved Torg. How tragic, that Riff has heard her say it, come to that realization, but he knows that this version of Zoë never experienced that climactic moment. Let's hope Zoë can reach another climax like that in a heated moment, but this time with Torg there too, not just Riff.

Good call on the Rayths (that's how they were spelled). The no-soul-Zoë misinterpretation has been going around for quite a while.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
. Let's hope Zoë can reach another climax like that in a heated moment, but this time with Torg there too, not just Riff.

I don't know about that. If Zoe is going to reach a climax in a heated moment, it should be alone with Torg, and Riff shouldn't even be watching.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:33 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
ramoss wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
. Let's hope Zoë can reach another climax like that in a heated moment, but this time with Torg there too, not just Riff.

I don't know about that. If Zoe is going to reach a climax in a heated moment, it should be alone with Torg, and Riff shouldn't even be watching.

Woof!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat