Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:37 am 
Now comes the part where we find out just how independent hC employees can be... A lot of them seem to be already bordering on blind fanaticism, so it shouldn't be much of a stretch to think that SOME of them wouldn't need or want to wait for an order to actually shoot.

Unless... Could the rank and file employees also be under his control?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:19 am 
I don't think the random hC employees are under his control in the same way, and I'm not sure about fanaticism either. hC doesn't really seem to instill that. Granted, Schlock would want to take the most loyal employees on the satellite.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:28 pm 
It's interesting to note that at least one of the rank & file shooters (second row, furthest to the left) is looking towards "Schlock" with a confused expression. The rest are still holding for the order to fire.

I still think Bun-bun will make his move next... pop Inflata-Schlock and then *poing* up into view, knife already out.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:10 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Now comes the part where we find out just how independent hC employees can be...

We actually got a taste of their independence previously...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:08 am 
swmartian wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
Now comes the part where we find out just how independent hC employees can be...

Not quite what I meant, more along the lines of not needing to be told to fire to actually shoot someone. Sort of like the agent in the video call recently saying goodbye to Schlock, or like Dr. Montgomery, who had the sense to fear Riff on sight. True believers, so to speak.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:17 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
kromiller wrote:
Anyway, my hope is that Zoe, who is unknown to Schlock (he thinks she is dead), can do something from where she is. She can see EVERYTHING happening from where she is. She has the power to do something. Maybe she can fix this. End this. Something.
:zoe:

In fact, he should know Zoe is alive, as she was plainly visible (smiling and, IIRC, waving) on-screen behind Gwynn when Gwynn was on the big main screen.

Then again, he does have a thing for Gwynn, so it's possible he simply didn't notice Zoe.

I also think that July's first comic will have Bun-bun jumping up onto Schlock's shoulder. "Hiya, Doc!" *ka-POP*

Nope, last Dr. Schlock knew, her tether had snapped or was released and she had run out of air.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2018-03-28
He and Gwynn both believe her to be dead.

Regarding the HC employees acting independently, I think McKay is the one that they really need to worry about. He took it upon himself to rescue Shankcraft, despite Schlock's orders. If anyone, he would be the one to take command if failing to get a command from Schlock himself. Hopefully BunBun will take him out next. And maybe cause enough of the other HC employees to panic.
Hey, if BunBun was smart, he would catch on to what happened and pretend to hold a knife to inflata-Schlock's back and "hold him hostage". If the HC employees don't know any better, they might be convinced to put their weapons down.

Also, another thought had occurred to me. Would the router disruption also interruption communications with the Oasis and Kusari satellites? I would assume they have their own communication system, since they existed before the space station did. But I just have to mention it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:06 am 
I don't think the router is connected to the Oasis satellite, but it might be tied to Kusari's somehow. Though if it had any significant effect, we probably would've seen it by now.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:43 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

As I said... LOL

Whether or not that's how you meant it....

Does this count towards getting spec right points?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:53 am 
Is it just a typo, or did Bun-Bun actually MEAN "God Job, Kiki" in panel 2 of This comic?
Does it indicate that he's accepted that he's the God of Power from waaaay back, and Kiki is another God(dess) from back then? The Goddess of Shiny Poop?
Given her cranial capacity, she probably doesn't remember any way. After all, she can only count to 4...

Something I noticed, not to nitpick or anything, but: When Zoe grabbed Torg as he went sailing past, and they swung on her tether into the airlock, in this comic, they swung into the airlock on the outside of the satellite. The door is pointing directly away from the hub. The center of rotation. Yet, when they got into the airlock, they landed on the floor, with the apparent gravity's "down" towords the floor. They seem to be laying on the floor, held there by the Artificial Gravity.
The apparent gravity's "down" would be towords the DOOR, wouldn't it? They would have swung into the airlock, but unless the door closed immediately after they arrived, they would be thrown right back out. And the door stayed open after they landed.
Does Schlock have real, true Artificial Gravity on the station? Some tech from the future he came from? Like Star Trek, Star Wars, and all the other sci-fi movies out there. If so, why did he design a ring satellite? Why not make it a cube, or collection of lab, barracks, and so on modules just thrown hap-hazardly together?

Or was it just easier to have the two go sailing into the open airlock door, and then lay on the floor?

Just wondering.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:26 am 
Long term spec: Pete expanded the rules of magic in space to help explain later how either Rana or Dunuloa had been trapped in the OASIS satellite for years.

Yeah, I'm still stuck on this idea.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm 
Dilvish wrote:

Or was it just easier to have the two go sailing into the open airlock door, and then lay on the floor?

Just wondering.

This?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 am 
Quote:
This?

Is there supposed to be a link there, Mr. Kromiller, sir?
Like maybe this one?

I wonder if Bob the Blacksmith had magic assistance with Chaz. Like from Mosp, maybe? Now there's tieing story lines together!

I see bullets flying. I detect a massive pressure leak soon. Maybe some inflatable bulkheads coming down? Maybe?
Will our hero's have time to get suited? Or maybe into the next room behind the hC goons? I can just see all of them except Gwynn diving and rolling under a closing bulkhead.
Gwynn would have too much style and class. She would stick her piece of pipe upright under the dropping bulkhead , and just walk right in...

I also see Schlock's popped decoy spawned a balloon in it's place, like his decoys tend to do. I wonder if he has connectivity back already? Or was it automatic? Is the router back on-line already?

Little late for the "FIRE" order, aint it? hehehehe!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:28 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Quote:
This?

Like maybe this one?

I read that as a guess that the last explanation was the most likely one (i.e it was just easier to draw that way).

Dilvish wrote:
I also see Schlock's popped decoy spawned a balloon in it's place, like his decoys tend to do. I wonder if he has connectivity back already? Or was it automatic? Is the router back on-line already?

I noticed the "balloon in a balloon", too—I always assumed that it just appeared automatically. Schlock has shown that he can see through them before, but considering the circumstances I would expect this one to look a bit more angry if the router was already back online.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:02 am 
Quote:
but considering the circumstances I would expect this one to look a bit more angry if the router was already back online.

Would he? Or is he in shock? I guess you could even say that he may be in Schlock?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Maybe he has visual capability, but no control capability, when he's sans router?

I still think, on a whole 'nother subject, that with all the bullets flying around, we're going to see an air leak. Maybe a big one. Like a POP!
Some went past Makay's chest, some went straight "up". Nothing in the way of either burst I could see, other than an outer wall.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:30 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Quote:
This?

Like maybe this one?

First...Kromiller=K.R.O.Miller ---> K=Kimberly. So, not Mr., definitely very female.
:sasha: :zoe: :oasis: :gwynn: :kiki: :aylee:
Second, as kansaichris pointed out, I was just referring to your last line. THAT is the explanation. No link needed. Don't overthink the comics, just sit back and enjoy Pete's ride.

Same with the balloon head. It pops out automatically, but the vacant smiling expression seems to indicate that the router is still ofline.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat