Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 am 
Anybody else notice "Cell B1" in today's comic? I can't remember if that's came up before.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
yurak wrote:
Anybody else notice "Cell B1" in today's comic? I can't remember if that's came up before.
oooooooooooh. Nice Catch Yurak. What you wanna bet that's where it comes from. The conditioned response from the torture of room B1 is what triggers the override.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 am 
The reasons that Chen wears his glasses he that he has the same vision deficiency that Riff does. .. they are related.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:19 am 
Torg!
Don't let Chen through that door!
He's too anxious to get in there.

Arghh.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm 
erewhon wrote:
swmartian wrote:
yurak wrote:
I'm thinking Schlock needs the AI that runs the OASIS programme. It's the basis for the 4U systeem. Getting Oasis is a bonus.

Wow. Yes, of course! I like this spec, too. I keep thinking that Riff saw something (someone?) from 4U City in Kusari (as opposed to the Sasha theories)...

Well, the 4U equivalent of Oasis/Kusari is Harbinger, who looks somewhat like Oasis but nothing like Gwynn or Sasha.

It's possible that there never was a Kusari in the 4U City dimension.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Torg!
Don't let Chen through that door!
He's too anxious to get in there.

Arghh.

And don't let Chen out that door either!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:41 pm 
So, anyone else with me that what happens next is a cut back to the big battle outside?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:05 am 
Kesandru wrote:
So, anyone else with me that what happens next is a cut back to the big battle outside?

And...you were right!

Next, a cut back to Torg inside...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 am 
Whenever the comic flips back to Kusari, it'll be revealed that she is.... :gwynn: Gwynn. :gwynn: (Yes I know it's not original spec, but still!)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:39 am 
Nonsense. She's clearly Dr. Lorna!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 am 
Aithiopika wrote:
Nonsense. She's clearly Dr. Lorna!

I've actually wondered about this.

We haven't seen her in forever.
Last mention was about her being at Riffs funeral.
We think Riffs dad was involved with Sinthea La'mort, who is almost definitely involved in the Oasis project (possible lying Chen stuff being the only way she's not).
Maybe the reason she's (Dr. Lorna) so bitter is because she got talked into being cloned, and her clone (Kusari) chose to work for HC to stay alive.

In this theory, the 'limited resource' is probably a technical issue.

There's lots of overlap, and lots of holes, but I don't think there's more holes in this theory than in any other.

Interesting to wonder about at least; for the next however long Pete decides to torture us.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 am 
As I think about this more, there's other things that could fit into this;

Her relationship with Riff has always bothered me;
Maybe she's also bitter because Riff isn't really hers, in a John Snow kind of way, and she's been forced (bought/bribed/threatened/blackmailed) into at least playing the part. Maybe she doesn't know she was cloned, and is only bitter about Riff, or maybe she does know and she's got lots of stuff to be bitter about.

In this case, Riff might be La'mort's son. If Sasha is a La'morte kid or clone as well, that makes Riff even more of a John Snow character (and makes me cringe a good bit as well). I hope not, but I'll put nothing past Pete at this point.

Roberts chose Riff's screen name as Sluggy, and Roberts is a Steve clone, and possibly aware of / working with La'morte. Maybe momma La'morte picked her son's screen name.

Maybe Sasha is Dr. Lorna's daughter, and Kusari is Dr Lorna's clone and Riff is his dad's and La'morte's son and La'morte had Mr. Riff's dad plant him with his wife (because fate), and Dr Lorna has had to play along with being Riff's mom because HC has been holding Sasha hostage, and raised her as an agent.

And Kusari should feel bad about Sasha because she's a clone of her mother, and she got roped into the HC mess because of Riff's dad so Schlock feels sorry for her, but she chose to work for HC, so she should feel guilty, but doesn't because of how she was raised and / or programmed.

That holds together better than I thought.

Hrmmm...

Probably totally wrong, but it's interesting, and it explains Dr. Lorna's attitude and bitterness, which has bugged me for a long time.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:40 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Roberts chose Riff's screen name as Sluggy, and Roberts is a Steve clone, and possibly aware of / working with La'morte. Maybe momma La'morte picked her son's screen name.

The "Sluggy" thing has to be because of whatever Uncle Time/Tempest is doing to the fate web. He and the spiders can literally manipulate events via tweaks to the web and came up with the idea of having "Sluggy Freelance" be a rallying cry. Plus if Torg is from Timeless Space (child of Calix and Kada) as I suspect, Tempest would be perfectly positioned to impact his choice of middle name.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

And...you were right!

Next, a cut back to Torg inside...

Followed by another split comic with the tunnel inhabitant and Kusari's face revealed.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Jimmymac wrote:

The "Sluggy" thing has to be because of whatever Uncle Time/Tempest is doing to the fate web. He and the spiders can literally manipulate events via tweaks to the web and came up with the idea of having "Sluggy Freelance" be a rallying cry. Plus if Torg is from Timeless Space (child of Calix and Kada) as I suspect, Tempest would be perfectly positioned to impact his choice of middle name.

I'm with you on shipping Kada and Callix as Torg's parents, but that doesn't rule out La'morte being Tempest's agent.

And even if that part wasn't La'morte, after re-reading today's strip, something caught my eye; in the second to last pannel, Bun-Bun calls Riff 'Riffington'.

Who else calls him that but his mom?
(Sluggy Niftysearch has several occasions where it's used as his last name, and a few where friends use it drunkenly or teasingly, but the only one who normally addresses him like that is his mother)

And Riff's face, that's not another betrayal by a dead girlfriend face.
-She's betrayed him before,
-And he's brought people back from the dead himself (Zoe) and he's seen it other places, both with Oasis, and in DoR.

_That's the face of a whole world turned upside down._

-He already feels betrayed by his father.
-And now the person he believes to be his mother has been one of his biggest enemies for a large part of his adult life.

I'm calling it for the win, place your bets and take your chances, Kusari is a clone of Dr. Lorna.

And I'm liking the rest of my spec too. It explains all the personal interactions between Kusari and Schlock that everyone has keyed in on as important and telling if we only knew. Maybe a few of the blood ties are switched or backwards, but I'm guessing it's #@$&ed up family mess with Riff's parents and HC.

I'll admit it doesn't touch the whole sister angle between Kusari and Oasis, but that could be from Dunuloa and Rana, the imposed minds (if that's what it is) or just that they are similar creations or sister projects.

Or I'm all wrong and backwards. :torg:

But I'm still going with:
Kusari body = Dr. Lorna clone

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat