Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm 
gilotyna wrote:
I think it's pretty likely there is a third Dr Steve's rebirth foreshadowed by three women at rebirth facility's door, one of them being literally a Roberts and Daedalus linked to Zuniga.

And at this point I'm suspicious the third rebirth is Chen, but one of the early ones, not very facially similiar to Dr Steve (we haven't seen Roberts yet but the glimpse we had doesn't seem all that stevey either). Otherwise the watch is useless to him at this time as it only works to voice od Dr Steve and he has no means to change his voice at the moment.

Also hi, this is my first time playing THE GAME. Sorry if someone proposed my guesses before, I perused the topic but found nothing like that lately.

Hi,
Welcome to the WWHN forum.

As for the game, I don't know the last time anyone actually awarded points, though several months ago someone did comment on this becoming more of a general spec thread than a game. Which it basically has.

I don't think anyone has brought up Chen being a Steve rebirth before.
I like it, but if Chen has Steve's voice, I would think Torg would have noticed. It was a long time ago, but it was pretty memorable, and he met Chen shortly afterwards (when Chen was trying to torture Torg and Gwen). Also, Chen was at the computer, he could maybe reprogram the watch for his voice, like Bun-Bun did way back when.

Doesn't mean he's not a rebirth though, just thoughts.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:08 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Thanks! Wanted to Sluggy Search it but couldn't find that feature on the new site.

It is on the team's "To do" list. The plan is to move NiftySearch to Pete's website - and the link will probably get included once that happens. But they have a few other items that have higher priority... So in the meantime, we'll have to bookmark http://www.sluggy.info

Thanks! Good to know.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:31 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:
gilotyna wrote:
I think it's pretty likely there is a third Dr Steve's rebirth foreshadowed by three women at rebirth facility's door, one of them being literally a Roberts and Daedalus linked to Zuniga.

And at this point I'm suspicious the third rebirth is Chen, but one of the early ones, not very facially similiar to Dr Steve (we haven't seen Roberts yet but the glimpse we had doesn't seem all that stevey either). Otherwise the watch is useless to him at this time as it only works to voice od Dr Steve and he has no means to change his voice at the moment.

Also hi, this is my first time playing THE GAME. Sorry if someone proposed my guesses before, I perused the topic but found nothing like that lately.

Hi,
Welcome to the WWHN forum.

As for the game, I don't know the last time anyone actually awarded points, though several months ago someone did comment on this becoming more of a general spec thread than a game. Which it basically has.

I don't think anyone has brought up Chen being a Steve rebirth before.
I like it, but if Chen has Steve's voice, I would think Torg would have noticed. It was a long time ago, but it was pretty memorable, and he met Chen shortly afterwards (when Chen was trying to torture Torg and Gwen). Also, Chen was at the computer, he could maybe reprogram the watch for his voice, like Bun-Bun did way back when.

Doesn't mean he's not a rebirth though, just thoughts.

Well I said THE GAME because the thread is called this, I don't care about any score although it be nice to guess something right. Good to know though. And thank you!

That's true although it has been some time and the events transpiring at the time were more pressing than noticing two guys - which to Torg's knowledge are completely unrelated - have similiar voices.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:32 pm 
Spec: Chen didn't implant a tracer/transponder in Oasis' head. He implanted a device that will make the watch obey his commands instead of Dr. Steve's.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:22 am 
Maaaan, I do not like this new "whenever" schedule. I've lost all sense of time and space, when I last stopped by, who killed JFK...

But anyway, I wonder if Chen will attempt to make contact with Schlock. He must know Roberts is with him. That's the lowest effort way to get commands going, even though it's high risk. Reprogramming the watch is high effort, low risk...but Chen doesn't strike me as a "high effort" kind of guy. So unless he's got some clever bypass on-hand, I'm ruling that out. More importantly, he absolutely must know what's behind the door Torg just stepped through, and I feel like him letting Torg walk in there alone is a setup.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm 
gilotyna wrote:

I thought the same thing about a third rebirth, only in my thinking the third rebirth was actually Torg, which is why the button worked. My theory was that the buttons were rebirth-specific for entry. There's issues with that theory, though.

I definitely think Chen knows more than he claims to, though.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 pm 
I'm not sure whether the next comic will be following Torg and Chen or everyone else, so I'm going to spec something for each case:

The next comic with Torg and Chen will reveal that the O.A.S.I.S. room has a distinctly "Mokhadun pyramid" vibe.

The next comic with BOKA and Riff will reveal that the sniper is Monicruel.

Is either option that likely? No. But either one would sure be interesting!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Ok, brain kicked in a little bit, try this:

O therworldly
A rtificial
S ymbiotic
I ntelligence
S ystem

Looks like you're on the right track.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:13 am 
Yep. It's starting to look like we've got a Zola situation here. My guess is they uploaded the creepy kid's brain to a computer (or imprisoned her soul onto a computer? something like that), then download it into new Oasis clones as needed. But there must be something more to it that differentiates it from Kusari...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Yep. It's starting to look like we've got a Zola situation here. My guess is they uploaded the creepy kid's brain to a computer (or imprisoned her soul onto a computer? something like that), then download it into new Oasis clones as needed. But there must be something more to it that differentiates it from Kusari...

Dunoloa or Rana had a way of imprisoning people in objects. During the Mokadun arc they trapped the guard in a pair of underwear.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 am 
I sense that while Bunbun is fighting to get the mask off Kusari, and Riff is watching (not wanting to get into Bunbun's way), Oasis is going to run after Torg.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm 
Ok, I'm not sure what happens next, but did anyone else notice the symbol on the door in the first panel?

Looks like Oasis' head/hair. Or maybe a stylized spider? Or maybe both?

Also, whatever happens in-comic; Pete needs to get access to the rebirth facility himself, so he can keep my fix rolling in more regular like. :riff:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

"As needed" could mean different things. Seems like it might not be fully downloaded in one go, but rather transmitted from that room.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Spec: Chen didn't implant a tracer/transponder in Oasis' head. He implanted a device that will make the watch obey his commands instead of Dr. Steve's.

The Voice recognition technology is in Steve's watch, not Oasis head.

I suspect that Chen did in fact plant a transceiver/transponder as intended, but one that he can access, not Schlock.

My take is that Kusari must have a transponder already and their function is to enable instantaneous remote communication and location, rather than necessarily control. (Though they may well act as a channel for the control functions to be operated at distance.)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 pm 
I expect tonight's comic will cut back to Schlock for an update from space.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat