Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:20 pm 
It's been a while since we last saw Izzy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a role to play here, too, especially now that the router has been rebooted and comms are back online…

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:27 am 
Oh no it's still happening. The DoR is still happening.

If Riff's trajectory is to intercept the DFA blast, sending him to some unknown dimension, that'll put him in the same position as old-man Riff. If Schlock has his own back-up Rebirth clone around here, possibly with two functional eyes, that puts him in the same position as DoR-Schlock.

Someone needs to get Riff on the phone with Macbeth so he can learn a thing or two about self-fulfilling prophecies

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:29 am 
Yeah, I've been waiting for Izzy to get involved.

Trouble is she won't yet have access to the HC secure Space comms and their com gear is in their deflated ship.

I wouldn't put it past Izzy to know a way into the A.I.

kansaichris wrote:
It's been a while since we last saw Izzy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a role to play here, too, especially now that the router has been rebooted and comms are back online…

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:31 am 
It looks like he's trying to intercept the blast, but he may have a plan to eject.

Though without a suit and breathing pressurised O2, that would be bad.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:

If Riff's trajectory is to intercept the DFA blast, sending him to some unknown dimension, that'll put him in the same position as old-man Riff. If Schlock has his own back-up Rebirth clone around here, possibly with two functional eyes, that puts him in the same position as DoR-Schlock.

Someone needs to get Riff on the phone with Macbeth so he can learn a thing or two about self-fulfilling prophecies

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am 
There's also a Dire REA with AI controlled weapons lurking out there.

It was out of gas, and presumably rockets, but it did seem to have guns as well..

Maybe Torg will have another 'Boss Fight'

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

There is a certain poeticness about that. Riff certainly had a goal with all of that focus in his eyes (and there is a somewhat satisfying cyclicalness to that storyline that I wouldn't put past Pete). I can see somehow stopping this by any means necessary being Riff's goal. However, I don't think he was able to get in the way of it or stop it. Shankcraft said LA had been zapped (though as was pointed out, we didn't see/hear a "zappo)."

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Shankcraft said LA had been zapped (though as was pointed out, we didn't see/hear a "zappo)."

Not quite.

Shankraft wrote:
It is firing!!! There goes L.A.! We are so dead!

So it fired at something, but we're not sure what yet. You have to allow for panic and hyperbole on Shankraft's part. :)

Escape plan or not, Riff may well be trying to intercept the beam. He is, after all, union.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:36 pm 
swmartian wrote:
I had a grim thought, based on me still not entirely trusting "Sasha"... She might have decided to side with Torg et al. while Schlock was still alive, given how Schlock fluxed her future out of existence. Now that Schlock is dead, she sees an opportunity to take over what is left of Hereti-Corp. She will shove Torg out of the station as planned, but in the wrong direction, and then lock him out.

PETE! What the hell? I never spec correctly! Why of all times would you let my spec be correct NOW! AAAIGH!
Please let it not be correct........

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:18 pm 
Haha, if she shuts the door on him, I promise I'll give you a box of tissues with your spec cookie

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:58 am 
We don't actually know yet that it has fired.

Shankraft's screen may simply say 'Firing' as it initiates the process.

Thom Solo wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Shankcraft said LA had been zapped (though as was pointed out, we didn't see/hear a "zappo)."

Not quite.

Shankraft wrote:
It is firing!!! There goes L.A.! We are so dead!

So it fired at something, but we're not sure what yet. You have to allow for panic and hyperbole on Shankraft's part. :)

Escape plan or not, Riff may well be trying to intercept the beam. He is, after all, union.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:03 am 
Also, given that is not actually connected to an external power source, I wonder how many shots it has in it. It may only have a weak squirt left,

Presumably all that cabling to the OASIS satellite included power feeds from the satellite's solar arrays, or whatever it used to stay alive for 20 years.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:21 am 
Thom Solo wrote:

Union ref.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

Union ref.

Now I need to reread that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 am 
Riff literally had the bacon gun in his right hand and the DFA return remote in his left on June 12th. Right before Dr Montgomery got clocked in the head.

We know he pocketed the bacon gun, because he used it in the following fight.

So I expect Riff actually has the return remote too.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 am 
Oh, nice catch! (Handy ref.) That definitely sounds like the sort of thing Riff would do—especially after finding a use for the House of Cheese mini EMP bomb, as well.

Of course, now he has to somehow figure out how to return to the DoN without dying from explosive decompression in the vacuum of space…

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat