Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:36 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Now Riff will take the controls, and on to the satellite! Torg may be all about saving the world, but Riff has actually seen the post-apocalypse, and he's got some fish to fry.

Hmm, good point. I don't think Oasis will take kindly to realizing Riff might be in the mood to terminate her orbital brain for the greater good. She needs that to live!

The question is 'does she' at this point. She needs it to get a NEW body.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:22 am 
That's like asking if you can still use your computer if you destroy it but keep the monitor around.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:26 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
That's like asking if you can still use your computer if you destroy it but keep the monitor around.

A monitor does nto have an independent CPU.. a human body has a brain.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:38 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Just a few comics ago, Dr. Schlock talks about how they found the Satellite using the "simple sync signal from Organics to Satellite".
It sounds like the Organic is somewhat independent.

This brings up the question of how Sasha/Kusari works. We know there are more than 3 bodies, and she can shut down one body to activate another. I would think that would require some sort of satellite to coordinate. Then again, we know that OASIS was able to see Torg in her rebirth facility, so her existence may be less tangible than a Satellite.

And also considering she is outside of the fateweb - is it possible she's a piece of technology from the timeless space, maybe related to the Teknonans, who's operations were never fully explained anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:12 pm 
Freecain wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Just a few comics ago, Dr. Schlock talks about how they found the Satellite using the "simple sync signal from Organics to Satellite".
It sounds like the Organic is somewhat independent.

How does the sync signal make the organics independant?
Quote:
This brings up the question of how Sasha/Kusari works. We know there are more than 3 bodies, and she can shut down one body to activate another. I would think that would require some sort of satellite to coordinate.

Nah, it's done with AOL, remember?
Quote:
Then again, we know that OASIS was able to see Torg in her rebirth facility, so her existence may be less tangible than a Satellite.

Well… that's just a security camera connected to a base computer. It gets transmitted to the satellite via handwave.
Quote:
And also considering she is outside of the fateweb - is it possible she's a piece of technology from the timeless space, maybe related to the Teknonans, who's operations were never fully explained anyway.

It's spelled Teknokon, and those are just robots from Kada's time; I don't think that Uncle Time would waste his time putting those things back into the time stream.

My theory is that the cannon on the satellite is powered by Dunuloa's spell eggs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 am 
Bingo!

erewhon wrote:
That's gotta sting!

Down to three Kusaris left. (One soldier, the one still fighting and the one on the station)

Let us not forget that the Mater shuttle has EVA suits and at least one 'PIK Rifle'

Not to mention, Schlocks station no doubt has defensive weaponry

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 am 
I know this thread hasn't had anything in it in a while, but...
I'm no physisist or rocket expert, but: Oasis-Body has at least two cuts in her suit, that we saw Kusaha get in before Oasis-Body killed her. Cuts in her as well, but that's not critical, at the moment.
If they ram the tow-ship with Oasis-Satellite attached, they could very easily spring a seam in the ship, no? A leak, at least, and maybe a massive leak, causing explosive decompression. With slices in her suit, Oasis-body could be in deep trouble if that happens.
As well, if she and Torg don't get their helmets on before said collision/decompression (POSSIBLE decompression), they'd be in deep poodoo. Possibly not survivable. As lovable, cute, and smart as Oasis-Combination has gotten, I'd hate to see that happen!

Let's hope they get properly suited up before Riff chases down Mater-1 and rams it! I'm not normally one for "proper attire", but in this case...

Have a great time, all!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 am 
We know that Schlock is planning to replace Oasis's incendiary weapon with a flux cannon, but do we know whether he's already disabled the former? If not, this would be a pretty good time for Oasis to use it.

(This would also be a pretty good time for the cavalry to arrive…)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 am 
kansaichris wrote:

Yes! And they must be close...somehow unnoticed though. Schlock is pretty distracted at the moment, so they could probably surprise him.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:59 am 
I venture to say that Agent York's shooting of Daiyu might cause Shankraft to help out our gang, at least for the immediate future. Or alternately, decide not to help Schlock right away, at least for the immediate future. All his attention will be on Daiyu.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:11 pm 
Disabled in panel 5

kansaichris wrote:
We know that Schlock is planning to replace Oasis's incendiary weapon with a flux cannon, but do we know whether he's already disabled the former? If not, this would be a pretty good time for Oasis to use it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 pm 
Given how Agent York has perforated the Musky Shuttle, I think it could well just tear along the dotted line under internal pressure and blow the bow off separating Riff and Oasis from Torg and Shankraft.

If Riff could spin and direct the thruster exhaust at York before the hull fails he might get him or York may stop firing to avoid hitting Shankraft. Though the structural stresses of manoeuvring might cause a hull failure anyway.

But yeah, getting helmets on would be a really good idea. The tears in Oasis and Daiyus suits may be survivable if they can be taped over quickly enough.

Dilvish wrote:
I know this thread hasn't had anything in it in a while, but...
I'm no physisist or rocket expert, but: Oasis-Body has at least two cuts in her suit, that we saw Kusaha get in before Oasis-Body killed her. Cuts in her as well, but that's not critical, at the moment.
If they ram the tow-ship with Oasis-Satellite attached, they could very easily spring a seam in the ship, no? A leak, at least, and maybe a massive leak, causing explosive decompression. With slices in her suit, Oasis-body could be in deep trouble if that happens.
As well, if she and Torg don't get their helmets on before said collision/decompression (POSSIBLE decompression), they'd be in deep poodoo. Possibly not survivable. As lovable, cute, and smart as Oasis-Combination has gotten, I'd hate to see that happen!

Let's hope they get properly suited up before Riff chases down Mater-1 and rams it! I'm not normally one for "proper attire", but in this case...

Have a great time, all!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:23 pm 
One scenario could be that the hull blows open and York grabs Shankraft and abandons the others to drift in space expecting them to suffocate when their air runs out. (Assumes Torg and Oasis get suited up)

The way he's been jetting around and having to reserve enough fuel to match velocities and grab Shankraft then again with the Mater shuttle, (that we know has a significant Delta-V compared to the Musky and her crew), that EVA suit can't have much propellant left.

THAT would be the time for the cavalry to arrive in their inflatable spaceship. Not when the guy with the high powered rifle is still jetting around.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 am 
kansaichris wrote:
We know that Schlock is planning to replace Oasis's incendiary weapon with a flux cannon, but do we know whether he's already disabled the former?

erewhon wrote:
Disabled in panel 5

Thanks for the ref! I somehow missed it while skimming through the text in the recent strips.

In that case, it looks like the gang's options are limited. Of course, assuming that Bun-Bun, Zoë, and Gwynn don't make it in time, I could imagine them pulling some kind of stunt when Shlock's team attempts to extract Shankraft. Presumably Chaz will have some role to play here, too.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:45 am 
kansaichris wrote:
kansaichris wrote:
We know that Schlock is planning to replace Oasis's incendiary weapon with a flux cannon, but do we know whether he's already disabled the former?

erewhon wrote:
Disabled in panel 5

Thanks for the ref! I somehow missed it while skimming through the text in the recent strips.

In that case, it looks like the gang's options are limited. Of course, assuming that Bun-Bun, Zoë, and Gwynn don't make it in time, I could imagine them pulling some kind of stunt when Shlock's team attempts to extract Shankraft. Presumably Chaz will have some role to play here, too.

Heck, all Torg has to do is get in one little poke with Chaz, and his good buddy Explosive Decompression would do the rest. Chaz would make a relatively big hole in a suit. York would be toast.
Even with all the layers in the current suits, even a relatively small hole would be enough. They've just been fortunate so far. Air, and thus pressure, goes out FAST in space, even from a small hole. One astronaut got a PINHOLE, literally, a hole made by a pin inside the station in one of his gloves, and by the time he noticed it, he almost didn't make it inside to get under pressure again.
And don't get me started on the guy that nearly drowned on a space walk...

I did read a combat Sci-Fi when I was a kid, many, many moons ago, though. The Space Soldiers' suits had a layer of some sort of liquid latex inside them, so if they got holed, the latex would flow out, and harden, plugging the leak. Maybe these suits have something like that? It didn't do much for the hole in the SOLDIER, but at least they didn't suffocate, boil, and freeze, all at the same time.

Let's hope everyone is properly dressed, and SOON for vacuum!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat