Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:22 am 
Not quite. Cruise missiles are generally ramjet powered.

GlyphGryph wrote:
To my knowledge, all modern military missiles are still rockets.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:24 am 
I'm wondering where Cappy Bo is at?
I doubt he was in Gwynn's space suit.

If Gwynn is no longer within his magic suppression field then she will be powered up.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:48 am 
Quote:
I suppose it would be gross and inhuman for Torg to carry around a bottle of innocent blood to sprinkle Chaz with when needed, eh?

After the flood o'blood from the Sashas/Oasis ummmm...argument(?)...I would think Torg could carry a 4Qt. canteen (one of those round ones like in the Westerns) of blood around with him to feed Chaz. That would be cool!
Have to keep it from clotting somehow, though, yes? I don't thing chunks o'blood would do it for Chaz at all.

Quote:
Or maybe Chaz is super-charged from all that blood.

That was my thought: Maybe his "charged state" timer is dependent on how much he got to absorb at one time. He did get a LOT of blood...

On a whole nother subject, I hope Gwynn gets fed up with Schlock's self-justification, and just magically pops him. Not a decoy, HIM. Blood and guts everywhere. That's what he deserves after all this.
She did look like she was getting a bit upset about his killing Zoe AGAIN (she thinks). Gwynn does have some anger control issues, too...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:00 am 
She's clearly trying very hard to control herself. If she does snap and go for the kill, I think Schlock will have to make another slip up first.

One thing that occurred to me: Schlock is obviously a man of science, and he's certainly encountered a lot of strange stuff over the years...but has he actually been in the room when magic has happened? Stuff like vampires, Aliens, zombies, robot clones...those can all be explained away with science if you try hard enough, but Gwynn's powers can't.

Is he even aware she has magic powers?
He can't be, right? Otherwise she'd be right up there with Riff in the 'do not allow near me' list

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
He can't be, right? Otherwise she'd be right up there with Riff in the 'do not allow near me' list

I did a quick nifty search for "Gwynn Magic Schlock" and came up with the sequence where she where she intended her monkeys to attack Schlock, though it unintended consequences for Zoe.
I looked up "Book Gwynn Schlock" and "Charm Gwynn Schlock" and came up with nothing.
So...maybe he doesn't directly...
But Sasha does know, so Schlock probably does too. Though it's possible she never told him.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

I did a quick nifty search for "Gwynn Magic Schlock" and came up with the sequence where she where she intended her monkeys to attack Schlock, though it unintended consequences for Zoe.
I looked up "Book Gwynn Schlock" and "Charm Gwynn Schlock" and came up with nothing.
So...maybe he doesn't directly...
But Sasha does know, so Schlock probably does too. Though it's possible she never told him.

Thanks, I was actually starting to wonder about that. Where he had been when all the demonic possession had happened, etc. He might have been very preoccupied with his own stuff, and hiding from Hereti-Corp, and then after he ran away, he probably didn't know as much. Even if Sasha told him some things, he might not be considering it important. It seems like he only considers Riff and Torg dangers. And even only Riff seems to be the main danger to him.

Unrelated to that, but related to the bulkheads in the space station closing people off...I am wondering if Kusari is now blocked off from him. I didn't think so, because I thought her little "closet" was right off the main command room. But maybe that was a corridor and not a little "closet" room. Because I would have thought that with the station under attack, and now with the aftermath, he would have had his own personal bodyguard right there with him, making sure he was safe. But he didn't call on her. So is she cut off from him? Or did he not feel he needed her? Just curious. I had also thought the Airlock #1 that Roberts was in was right off the main command room as well, but apparently not.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
She's clearly trying very hard to control herself. If she does snap and go for the kill, I think Schlock will have to make another slip up first.

One thing that occurred to me: Schlock is obviously a man of science, and he's certainly encountered a lot of strange stuff over the years...but has he actually been in the room when magic has happened? Stuff like vampires, Aliens, zombies, robot clones...those can all be explained away with science if you try hard enough, but Gwynn's powers can't.

Aside from some of the other reasons Schlock should be aware of Gwynn's magic in particular, keep in mind that he came from a dystopian future terrorized by a demon who raised an army of deadels. Sure, you could argue the "science can explain zombies" angle for that, I *guess,* but Schlock was aware this was the work of a demon who was summoned in the past. I mean, maybe Gwynn's magic can be explained by science too, but the point is that Schlock must have been aware of it as a force that exists. Of course, the most recent comic confirms he was anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am 
Well today's comic answers that question AND whether magic works in space, which...was a question nobody even considered asking until it was answered.

Plus a new thing to speculate about! We all kind of suspected that Schlock was a decoy, but now that we know for sure...where do we think he is?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:50 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Well today's comic answers that question AND whether magic works in space, which...was a question nobody even considered asking until it was answered.

Not necessarily: We don't know what types of magic were tested.
We only know that moving the types they tested away from earth... or something on earth causes the magic to fail.
My theory (which will probably be wrong) - magic comes from the creator and the destroyer. Since KZK is in the book, and the book follows Gwynn - the magic source is the book, and its probably somewhere on the ship now, which would give Gwynn her magic powers...
Unless Captain Botanical is too near... which we still don't know where he is.
Book following Gwynn references:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-04-10
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2014-11-14
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-07-17
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2004-12-19

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 am 
The types of magic used by humans, presumably. :P

I'm curious if Schlock's book will actually be useful to Gwynn, or if it's "blah blah surely this is all just science we don't understand yet". Based on his overconfidence in thinking he understands Oasis, I'm still not fully convinced Schlock flatly believes in magic

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I'm curious if Schlock's book will actually be useful to Gwynn, or if it's "blah blah surely this is all just science we don't understand yet". Based on his overconfidence in thinking he understands Oasis, I'm still not fully convinced Schlock flatly believes in magic

I think she'll/we'll learn more about the fate spiders in the book. Certainly, there were spiders about at Sinthea La'Mort's place, and now we have a dead spider on the station. We all know spiders are significant. Does the gang know anything about fate spiders explicitly? Or are just we privy to that information? I can't remember.
I have no idea if it is relevant, but the choice to draw Sinthea sewing always struck me as odd. Maybe it's supposed to be a nod to the weaving of the strands of fate....

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:21 am 
From the look of it, there's three dead spiders there and a dead Cappy Bo.

Gywnn has met Googol the fate spider in Mokahadun when Tempest showed her the fate web thinking she was Quenn Siphy. I doubt she realised the significance of that though.

From what I can see of the book in the drawer, the author is Sin'thea La Morte, so it's likely to be her book on Fate Magic hat has been mentioned before.

randomlanguage wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

I think she'll/we'll learn more about the fate spiders in the book. Certainly, there were spiders about at Sinthea La'Mort's place, and now we have a dead spider on the station. We all know spiders are significant. Does the gang know anything about fate spiders explicitly? Or are just we privy to that information? I can't remember.
I have no idea if it is relevant, but the choice to draw Sinthea sewing always struck me as odd. Maybe it's supposed to be a nod to the weaving of the strands of fate....

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:36 am 
Freecain wrote:
My theory (which will probably be wrong) - magic comes from the creator and the destroyer. Since KZK is in the book, and the book follows Gwynn - the magic source is the book, and its probably somewhere on the ship now, which would give Gwynn her magic powers...

That's some good theorizing, Freecain. I don't think anyone thought of that.

Of course, with magic I have learned that an author can give so many explanations for what it is, so we'll just have to wait and see. But I have a feeling that this time Pete wants things to be what we saw in this strip - that Gwynn is stuck.

I have said long ago that I think some or all of them will be fluxed in the end. It would be a solution to her problem, to go to a dimension that isn't even Earth. (Do we write earth or Earth or t/The Earth?) Pete wants to continue with Sluggy, right? So there must be something after Hereti-Corp. That means some big change must come. Though of course, I'd be happy with Bikini Suicide Frisbee Days forever.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:43 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Freecain wrote:

That's some good theorizing, Freecain. I don't think anyone thought of that.

Of course, with magic I have learned that an author can give so many explanations for what it is, so we'll just have to wait and see. But I have a feeling that this time Pete wants things to be what we saw in this strip - that Gwynn is stuck.

I have said long ago that I think some or all of them will be fluxed in the end. It would be a solution to her problem, to go to a dimension that isn't even Earth. (Do we write earth or Earth or t/The Earth?) Pete wants to continue with Sluggy, right? So there must be something after Hereti-Corp. That means some big change must come. Though of course, I'd be happy with Bikini Suicide Frisbee Days forever.

And then I was about as wrong as I could be :)
We found Cappy'Bo and Cappy 'Bo has died (along with some suspiciously fate-ish looking spiders) - most likely as a result of not having a magic source (earth)...
Cappy 'Bo is from the book as well - so I'm going to assume her magic source is gone, and the book isn't following her in space.

That still leaves the question about how the space witch operated in timeless space? There must be a work around. Or is timeless space not "space" in the same sense? Or was it not Magic - (those crows might have been bionic? seems unlikely, and overly complicated - even for Pete).

Ah well- i was just hoping to get my name on the board. I really do suck at spec!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:06 am 
Timeless Space was just a name. It's not the same as outer space.

If you're familiar with Magic: the Gathering, timeless space seems to be the same as the blind eternities, space between universes. Only with less Lovecraftian knockoffs.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat