Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:38 am 
Our heroes will get abducted by unrelated side, starting a new unrelated Arc in future/past/altdimension/altmultiverse/spacelesstime/etc. Meanwhile Schlock will survive and fully rebuild hC yet again, but then Cult of K'Z'K, Cult of the Release and hC will team up, universe will shatter, but our heroes will somehow survive and new Arc of rebuilding the multiverse will start. They will succeed, but resulting universe will be somewhat different, wiping out many events from comic, thus Torg and Riff will have same original apartment again.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm 
Okay, I think I'm onboard with Teresa. Like I said, she needed to show back up anyway and be important, given the foreshadowing earlier in the arc. Besides, this storyline has never been about the fall of hC, and I think we're about to see what the title really means.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:11 am 
There are multiple shooters, whatever it is. Unless Pete screwed up.

Riff gets hit on his right side, and then Bun-Bun, facing Riff, also gets hit on his right side. And then Oasis, next to and possibly also facing Riff, gets hit on her right side.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:15 am 
We've seen Sasha and Kusari in the same room. Gonna hazard a guess, are we about to see multiple Kusaris (sniper/s being the other one/s)? I could see this going either way.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 am 
Kesandru wrote:

Riff gets hit on his right side, and then Bun-Bun, facing Riff, also gets hit on his right side. And then Oasis, next to and possibly also facing Riff, gets hit on her right side.

That assumes they didn't change positions between panels.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:36 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

That assumes they didn't change positions between panels.

Aside from Kusari, the rest pretty much stayed where they were once the darting started. A single shooter would have to hit Riff, run around the clearing while not being seen or noticed by anyone, dart Bun-Bun, then almost immediately be back in the same spot they darted Riff in order to dart Oasis - OR - if Oasis turned to face Riff and Kusari (which it looks like she did), the shooter would have to be entirely across the clearing behind Riff and across from Bun-Bun in order to dart Oasis on her right side.

Unless everyone was taking a large amount of time between panels to fall down, be knocked off Aylee's shoulder, etc., there's just no way there's only one shooter.

Another thing to note is that once the darting started - or she was unmasked - Kusari attacked Oasis.

And on an unrelated note, but I think it bears mentioning, Oasis seems to have a lot more control over Override B-1 at the moment.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:11 pm 
uglyface2 wrote:
We've seen Sasha and Kusari in the same room. Gonna hazard a guess, are we about to see multiple Kusaris (sniper/s being the other one/s)? I could see this going either way.

Why would another Kusari snipe Oasis knowing her importance?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:36 am 
yurak wrote:
uglyface2 wrote:

Why would another Kusari snipe Oasis knowing her importance?

I suppose we're going to find out. :torg:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:06 am 
Most likely something with Chen. Either that or Schlock got back in contact with Kusari and is trying to have Oasis brought in.

My money's on Chen. He has the watch, he has Torg contained for now, all he has to do is collect Oasis with Kusashi's help and enact whatever plan he's working on, likely involving Roberts.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:54 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Shock dart hit Oasis in the neck, where she said Chen cut her. I'll call that the shock dart just killed the tracer.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 am 
Let's see if I can continue being spectacularly wrong! LOL! I'm on a roll!

So in this last comic, we see Sasha/Kusari being snarky about multitasking. Then Sasha/Kusari appears to notice something concerning at ground level, crouching down to investigate, while the new Sasha looks at her, also with concern. In the last panel, they both appear to have changed focus onto Riff and now both appear to be looking more closely at Riff and appear to be alarmed. I posit four possibilities:

(1) In the reference link that Pete gave us, Oasis goes "Override B-1", overriding potential concern about the threat to Torg. So could Oasis - in a not quite incapacitated state (like Riff) - be about to set off a fire bomb? This was my first thought... Pete went to great lengths to focus us on her pyrokinetic skills (training, etc.), and yet those skills have yet to be used. Perhaps now is the time? But if so, why the apparent alarmed look at Riff in the last panel? Could Oasis attack them in any other capacity in her state?
(2) Their mission right now is Oasis control. The alarm is that they are losing her. Perhaps by something as simple as gregnier's suggestion. Perhaps because Sasha/Kusari was too 'efficient' and dealt Oasis a fatal wound. Perhaps Oasis can self-terminate and is purposely resurrecting where she knows her Torgy is? Kusari/Sasha had tried to stop Torg from following Chen. Perhaps Torg triggered something inside the rebirth facility that terminated this Oasis, and is triggering another rebirth. Again, this possibility does not explain the last panel of alarm apparently directed at Riff.
(3) Riff has somehow set a booby-trap. The initial alarm is that they see the booby-trap, which may very well be near Oasis' head, and fear that they will lose Oasis. But we would also then lose Riff?
(4) Someone else is here. And both Sashas are going down. The alarm is not directed at Riff, rather that is simply where their final gaze is directed as they are going down. Perhaps I was not so spectacularly wrong about Teresa after all? However, this fails to explain the initial focus apparently on Oasis.
None of these possibilities quite fits the pattern of apparently shifting focus from Oasis to Riff and building alarm... Anyone else got a better idea?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 am 
I'm gonna guess it's just them picking him up. Gotta move the bodies!! :sasha:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:07 am 
Here's a guess about why their attention changes to Riff. Kusashi might have standing orders to not allow people to see two of her at once, so as to hide her true nature. That would make sense, given what we've seen. Maybe the sniper Kusashus only emerged from the bushes because she (Kusashi as a whole) thought that everyone is unconscious. Then Riff made noises, and they were trying to check to see if he was awake and saw :sasha: :sasha: , which would probably be hard to check because of his shades.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 pm 
After the big Sasha reveal I've relook at this and pondering if Sasha was using some warning to Torg about following Chen out trying to goad Torg to hang around to let number two snipe him.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 pm 
yurak wrote:
After the big Sasha reveal I've relook at this and pondering if Sasha was using some warning to Torg about following Chen out trying to goad Torg to hang around to let number two snipe him.

Hmm, you may have something there. There does seem to be some intent behind what she was saying.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat