Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Her "pryokenesis" is actually an orbital Microwave cannon?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Kind of puts Kusari's "Wasn't I made in her image and...improved?" in a whole new light.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:
Kind of puts Kusari's "Wasn't I made in her image and...improved?" in a whole new light.

There's a Kusari satellite??? Mind blown.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:39 pm 
A kusari satellite? Nah, that would be a tad too predictable for Pete! I'm sure Daedalus cut corners in some way and has "Kusari" floating in a weather balloon instead.

Although it still begs the question about how Schlock knew about the OASIS satellite. Maybe he sussed it out from the Kusari specs?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I suspect Kusari is only clone bodies. No satellite. Also, her clone bodies take longer to grow. As Schlock once said, the differences are paramount.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
I'd like her to be a satellite too because as someone pointed out, Kusari is an anagram of I[k]arus so I like thinking about the parallels of her flying between the earth and the sun!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 pm 
Alecat wrote:
I'd like her to be a satellite too because as someone pointed out, Kusari is an anagram of I[k]arus so I like thinking about the parallels of her flying between the earth and the sun!

Hopefully not suffering Icarus' fate though! (I still want her to turn good!)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm 
Alecat wrote:
Kusari is an anagram of I[k]arus

1) You can't change a letter and still call it an anagram, and 2) Kusari is named after the weapon.

On another note, I'm pretty sure there are several of these O.A.S.I.S. satellites, so that Dr. Steve's mind control doesn't cycle every 90 minutes.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
To be fair, Pete did create a major plot line revolving around a typo of "Pyrokinesis".

I'm not disputing it's named after the weapon, but Kusari => Icarus is nifty because we also have a character named Daedelus. I (and others before me) wouldn't mention it otherwise.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
Alecat wrote:
Kusari is an anagram of I[k]arus

1) You can't change a letter and still call it an anagram, and 2) Kusari is named after the weapon.

On another note, I'm pretty sure there are several of these O.A.S.I.S. satellites, so that Dr. Steve's mind control doesn't cycle every 90 minutes.

To be fair, though, Greek doesn't have have separate letters for c and k, so it could just as well have been written Ikarus (afaik). But as Alecat mentioned, the fact that Daedalus apparently created the Kusari project and Daedalus in Greek mythology was Icarus' father makes the near-anagram look more compelling.

I was wondering if there are multiple satellites too. It would seem like a problem if not, but Oasis seemed to identify with that one in particular. Or maybe not.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:33 am 
Probably just the one for Oasis. Kusari might have three though. Depends on what they did to allow her to share awareness between Avatars. Whatever it is, it's a really impressive use of AOL that's for sure.

But either way, Kusari doesn't have the fire beam. It'd be the only significant difference, aside from the more sophisticated emotional range. Fire isn't that impressive, but I assume the plan is to swap out the microwave beam for a somewhat more...useful weapon. Or more efficiently, hook up a wireless signal to the firing mechanism and link it to their currently existing orbital armory...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 am 
Well I'll be cooked with an oribital fire cannon....Kusari IS a satellite, done on the cheap. AOL? Geeze, the weather balloon idea would be kinder.

I wonder if Kusari hears "bling! You've got mail!" in her head.

What Schlock didn't say was whether Kusari had an "organic" mind or not. Who was the template?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 am 
Alien or future tech? Probably more like deity tech.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:
A kusari satellite? Nah, that would be a tad too predictable for Pete! I'm sure Daedalus cut corners in some way and has "Kusari" floating in a weather balloon instead.

BWAHAHAHA! I like this even better than the AOL joke - too bad it's not true...

OK, so for 'what happens next'... I'm still betting on "Oasis about to become very dangerous". "Know thyself" is key and all the more so now. It's the difference between Oasis taking control and Oasis being controlled. I assume, now, that O.A.S.I.S. is the A.I. in the DOR? Interesting that Kusari/Sasha did not appear to exist in the DOR. Was she discarded as redundant when Schlock gained control of the A.I.? Or did she never exist? It's hard to imagine Schlock gaining so much control without her....

So if I'm right, what will ultimately force Oasis to grab control? Will Schlock threaten to demonstrate destruction on Florida (the Zahlias)? Or does something reignite the "Love Torg" command, in spite of Schlock's command to forget him? Does she really have an emotional breakthrough, or did Bun-Bun "pocket" that watch that he reprogrammed to respond to his command so many decades ago?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm 
Kusari/Sasha and Oasis, so far, haven't popped - so we know it's not the work of Dr. Schlock

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat