Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 pm 
So, now we see where Station-Kusari is. She has been waiting for Oasis. Damn. So, I wonder what she needs to prove to herself, and why she wants Oasis' head. And she knows if she kills Oasis, Oasis will just rebirth down on Earth. So what good will that do, except to maybe make her feel better. And remove Oasis from the picture up there on the Station.
Unless...are the earth-bound Kusari/Sashas maybe heading to the rebirth facility (do they know where it is? They didn't follow Chen completely), to take out the remaining Oasis(es) every time they respawn? Doesn't seem like that would be important enough.

I am just really disappointed that Kusari/Sasha wasn't actually helping, as she said she would back in the hotel with Riff. I know, it seemed like it was part of the lie she was telling. But I was hoping that maybe it WAS true...since she tried to hide the fact that Riff was onboard, and then it seemed like she got killed easily, maybe even on purpose, by Oasis...and then she attacked the agents at her rebirth facility and the Station-Kusari flushed Roberts out the airlock by sabotaging the wiring. And then she finally ditched her Kusari costume, which made it seem like she was operating under her own orders. *sigh* I had hope...I really did.

Come on Riff, use your strength!! Get that DFA out the airlock before anyone arrives. BunBun should be able to help punt it over there...he can punt adults and full-grown bears around, right?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:15 pm 
kromiller wrote:
I wonder what Oasis is up to now. She won't be hanging around with Dr. Daiyu, and she obviously isn't with Riff. She will have to sneak around and be inconspicuous. And of course we are all wondering what Station-Kusari is up to, with her own free-will now.

Well, we found both of 'em. :)

Sasha set off the alarm to keep Riff and Bun-bun occupied, so she can take Oasis on alone. She's not doing this because anyone ordered her to, but rather because she wants to see one and for all who's better.

So naturally Torg, Zoe, Gwynn, and Kiki will come upon the scene and Torg will wind up stabbing Sasha with Chaz... only to find out that, now that she's acting of her own volition, she is no longer "innocent".

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
So naturally Torg, Zoe, Gwynn, and Kiki will come upon the scene and Torg will wind up stabbing Sasha with Chaz... only to find out that, now that she's acting of her own volition, she is no longer "innocent".

I'm not so sure about that... I think there is still more to the programming vs. vessel than we currently know. I don't believe that this Sasha is behaving on her own (i.e., separate from her 2-3 earth-bound comrades). Her actions, her motivations, are still being dictated by her artificial intelligence - and not by the separate mind of the body she inhabits. The apparent jealousy that she feels towards Oasis is interesting... As MasterPokey pointed out in "Reactions", she carries out her activities with nearly total dispassion. She shows no apparent emotions in any other aspect. Is this jealousy deliberate programming or a glitch? Is this current show down with Oasis the "final" showdown? Or just another momentary detour? What will it show us about how the two of them actually function?

Oasis has shown the ability to adapt and grow - is that through a deliberate exchange with the vessel she inhabits? Or is that adaptive programming? Is Sasha/Kusari a complete write-off in that regard? Or did that brief moment in the hotel room where she exhibited what appeared to be "regret" demonstrate similar adaptability...? I'm pretty sure that particular Sasha is now dead. But I believe that whatever she was feeling at the time is part of the "hive mind"....

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:00 pm 
swmartian wrote:
I'm not so sure about that... I think there is still more to the programming vs. vessel than we currently know. I don't believe that this Sasha is behaving on her own (i.e., separate from her 2-3 earth-bound comrades). Her actions, her motivations, are still being dictated by her artificial intelligence - and not by the separate mind of the body she inhabits.

I meant "of her own volition" as opposed to "under HC orders" and not the way you meant it. :) That's a good point you make as relating to the innocence of a given Sasha body, though.

Hey, who was the original DNA donor for the Kusari project, anyway?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am 
OMG, maybe Kusari IS the real villain here? She finally is in control of herself, having been "released from her programming" and gone rogue. Maybe her one feeling, envy, has caused her to want to destroy the world. Maybe she DOES want to be Harbinger, but to do it her way. Maybe she wants to mount the DFA cannon to HER satellite. Maybe the two other Kusari's are on their way to take care of that right now. Space-Station Kusari is fighting Oasis to both get her out of the picture and to prove she can defeat her. She reported Riff and BunBun because she wants to stop them from flushing the DFA cannon. The two incoming Kusari's will make short work of anyone who gets in their way, and they will bring the DFA cannon to Kusari's satellite. And she will start fluxxing anyone she can until she is destroyed.

Because she sucks.
:sasha:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:34 pm 
I just realized - when I clicked on Pete's "another random link" link today - that there appears to be a difference between Kusari/Sasha and Oasis. In previous incarnations, at least, a newly rebirthed Oasis appears disconnected from the rebirth process... ...as if she does not fully click in until she's dressed and away from the rebirth facility. Whereas the two new Sashas seem fully aware from the get go...

Is that another difference between Kusari and Oasis? Or did this full awareness kick in due to the "release from the programming"? If she is "released", is she still functioning from programming, or is her "hive" mind now working primarily from the organic brains? That is, what does "autonomous" really mean for Kusari?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 pm 
As I noted before, it seems pretty clear at this point that Kusari is/was the 4U City A.I. If that's the case, though, it's entirely possible that Harbinger/Oasis actually had nothing to do with the flux satellite after all. 4U City was pretty unambiguous about the fact that Oasis was the Harbinger, but the current plotline seems to imply that whoever controls the flux satellite is the Harbinger. Hmm…

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:40 pm 
A small detail I noticed that makes me wonder: Has anyone noticed that Gwynn, Sasha, and a few other women we've been introduced to, all have similar bangs? Two strips of hair on the front of their heads, in various configurations.
Sasha, of course, has the two bangs, one just outside each eye. :sasha:
Gwynn has the two strips that go straight out, then down. :gwynn:
I'm sure I could find other examples, but those two really hit me.
Even the demon Lacy has them, which in her demon form were her venom injectors. In her Human form, they were bangs very much like Sasha's.

Does the "bangs" configuration mean anything? Pete has a habit of introducing little clues like this to see if people notice.
Just what the clues indicate isn't apparent to me, but I am not necessarily the brightest bulb in the string...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 am 
Okay, I'm calling it: I think Schlock is hiding on the Kusari satellite. He's paranoid enough that he wouldn't even feel safe on his own space station, to say nothing of the fact that he has probably had some serious doubts about Kusari's trustworthiness for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if he literally pulled the plug on Kusari—or died trying—before this is all over.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Okay, I'm calling it: I think Schlock is hiding on the Kusari satellite. He's paranoid enough that he wouldn't even feel safe on his own space station, to say nothing of the fact that he has probably had some serious doubts about Kusari's trustworthiness for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if he literally pulled the plug on Kusari—or died trying—before this is all over.

Can't be on the Kusari satellite. It wouldn't be large enough to have the relatively slow spin the other has, so no artificial gravity. Schlock was "standing" on the floor of his room. He'd be floating around more than one of his balloons.
Unless Kusari's brain is hidden on the ISS, but it has no spin to it. No AG there either. Hmmmm...

What, is he relying on the two Kusashi's on the Musky-6? Didn't he LISTEN to his agent's report? Sasha's are on their own. No more control by Schlock, no more restraint against HC agents. Or Schlock. I would think he'd be in a panic about the approaching Kusashis. He's sure not acting like he's too concerned. Even glad to see them. I wonder just why?
What's up his inflata-sleeves???

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 am 
Hmm, good point about the lack of artificial gravity on a satellite. Perhaps Kusari's brain is actually on the moon somewhere? In any case, given Schlock's general paranoia I still feel fairly confident that he is hiding somewhere other than on the space station itself.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 am 
Dilvish wrote:
What, is he relying on the two Kusashi's on the Musky-6? Didn't he LISTEN to his agent's report? Sasha's are on their own. No more control by Schlock, no more restraint against HC agents. Or Schlock. I would think he'd be in a panic about the approaching Kusashis. He's sure not acting like he's too concerned. Even glad to see them. I wonder just why?
What's up his inflata-sleeves???

I don't think he's happy to see them, and I think he is concerned...he's just got bigger matters to deal with at the moment. Riff, BunBun, Torg, Oasis, and Gwynn are all right there in his Main Lab, trying to make trouble. He has to deal with that immediate threat. They are about to flush his DFA cannon out into space. Not that they can't retrieve it, right? So I am not sure how much of a problem that is. Seems like it would be better to find a way to flux that DFA away. Hah.

Anyway, my hope is that Zoe, who is unknown to Schlock (he thinks she is dead), can do something from where she is. She can see EVERYTHING happening from where she is. She has the power to do something. Maybe she can fix this. End this. Something.
:zoe:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 am 
So, what are the odds that Schlock's control of his balloon duplicates goes right through that router Zoe is probably seconds from turning off?

Edit - so Zoe will either just turn off the router or, with Izzy's help, take over Schlock's balloon clones (ballones? calloones? Eh...) and start giving orders.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:24 am 
Kesandru wrote:
So, what are the odds that Schlock's control of his balloon duplicates goes right through that router Zoe is probably seconds from turning off?

Edit - so Zoe will either just turn off the router or, with Izzy's help, take over Schlock's balloon clones (ballones? calloones? Eh...) and start giving orders.

Oh, I like that idea! I think Izzy could manage it, but the question is how filled in she is about what's going on.
I do think the showing of the Balloon-Schlock repeating Real-Schlock's words is to lead the audience toward the implication that Zoe can interrupt that connection.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:58 pm 
kromiller wrote:
Anyway, my hope is that Zoe, who is unknown to Schlock (he thinks she is dead), can do something from where she is. She can see EVERYTHING happening from where she is. She has the power to do something. Maybe she can fix this. End this. Something.
:zoe:

In fact, he should know Zoe is alive, as she was plainly visible (smiling and, IIRC, waving) on-screen behind Gwynn when Gwynn was on the big main screen.

Then again, he does have a thing for Gwynn, so it's possible he simply didn't notice Zoe.

I also think that July's first comic will have Bun-bun jumping up onto Schlock's shoulder. "Hiya, Doc!" *ka-POP*

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat