Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 am 
erewhon wrote:
What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing can go wrong when you have a POWER ORGAN.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:15 am 
Kesandru wrote:

Nothing can go wrong when you have a POWER ORGAN.

That literally made me choke on my drink. :D

The doctor in me is trying to envisage the anatomical permutations required to fuse the intraperitoneal liver with the retroperitoneal kidneys to create said POWER ORGAN....

I'm overthinking it. I should just go with it, and let my brain be as the jackfruit.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 am 
I honestly thought Daiyu was just being facetious until I saw the tentacle pop out of her thigh. (^.^)

Think she's going to mutate into a monster before this is all over?

Last edited by kansaichris on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:48 am 
Almost...

erewhon wrote:
Could be.
Might also be an emergency dfa disable, if it starts to target his shuttle. Or a station self destruct he can use to threaten the others and bargain a getaway.

kansaichris wrote:
I was wondering about the Emergency Button, too. I could be wrong, but I think there's a reasonable chance that it could activate a localized EMP

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:43 am 
Well whatever it does, it's almost certainly not the self-destruct button Schlock claims. He'd never put such a thing near his person.

But I like the dialogue opening Schlock just gave Riff, thanks to Riff's DoR knowledge. He wants an excuse to blow them both up? Riff has exactly the right excuse for him: if you push that button, you'll be saving the world from the two people who will destroy it. Hell of an opener, that's for sure. Will Riff's ensuing argument be enough to change Schlock's mind though? That I'm not so certain of.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:50 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Well whatever it does, it's almost certainly not the self-destruct button Schlock claims. He'd never put such a thing near his person.

100%. I favour the emergency DFA theory - if things get irretrievably dangerous or awful, Schlock would indisputably take the risk of an unknown dimension over self-annihilation. As Schlock would never trust somebody else to build his escape route, he will have built this spaceship himself. He'd never incorporate a self-destruct.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm 
But here's the problem with the emergency DFA idea - why wouldn't he have just used that long ago to be "safe" from his "enemies"?

Instead, he initiates a ridiculously complicated and dangerous plan that would make his enemies and some of his allies even more determined to stop him, in the name of finally being "safe".

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 pm 
Well, there's no telling where the DFA will take him once he activates it. If Torg's experience is at all representative, it's unlikely to be pleasant.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:54 am 
Nice cliffhanger for the weekend…

I have a feeling that Schlock and Riff are going to be interrupted before either of them can "push their own buttons" by someone on the space station letting them know that the A.I. is actively targeting major U.S. population centers. That will get the two to work together one last time to try to avert the end of the world just as they did in the Dimension of Rain.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:18 am 
Agreed.
Schlock is too much a coward to blow himself up.
As in DoR, he would be more likely to use a painless method like EMP.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:31 am 
Now I'm trying to figure out whether Riff's button will actually trigger a local EMP (as he seemed to imply) or whether it will do nothing and he's just bluffing (as I would be inclined to guess).

Also of note: this isn't the first time Schlock has been dared to pull the trigger

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm 
For those who favor the "Schlock's button is an Emergency DFA" theory...

...if that is the case, Riff's button is a compact DFS remote return activator.

ZAPPO! "Ha! Riff is go-"

ZAPPO! "DOMP."

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:57 am 
It should do. It appears to be one of the same happy meal mini EMP toys that Theresa used in her escape from HC.
kansaichris wrote:
Now I'm trying to figure out whether Riff's button will actually trigger a local EMP (as he seemed to imply) or whether it will do nothing and he's just bluffing (as I would be inclined to guess).

Also of note: this isn't the first time Schlock has been dared to pull the trigger

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:38 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
For those who favor the "Schlock's button is an Emergency DFA" theory...

...if that is the case, Riff's button is a compact DFS remote return activator.

ZAPPO! "Ha! Riff is go-"

ZAPPO! "DOMP."

I don't think this will happen... ...but it should. :kiki:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:07 pm 
erewhon wrote:
It should do. It appears to be one of the same happy meal mini EMP toys that Theresa used in her escape from HC.
kansaichris wrote:

The mini EMP makes sense. With how he feels about Schlock, I don't think he's bluffing.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat