Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm 
So I think Torg has a lot of options that aren't opening an Oasis tank, such as exploring the facility further to see there are any other controls or maybe even exits. He could at least more about how Oasis works. He could also try to go through the stations. This most recent time, it did not say "No unit detected", so I don't think it knows that Torg isn't Oasis. So he might be able to fool it into thinking he is by going through the stations correctly with sufficient trial and error. He could also try breaking the glass to get out. Sure, he would break the facility a little, but probably less than by trying to pry open a tank or something. However, given that the door locks you inside for no apparent reason and that there is a blast door that can seal off the Oasis room, I wonder if the glass has been made to allow observation of something within without it escaping (an out-of-control Oasis?).

The placing of 'nosce te ipsum' next to a mirror seems psychologically and symbolically significant, but I doubt anything happens there technologically. Oasis' memories begin, by her own account, running in the woods after she is already dressed, which seems to suggest that she may not be fully aware at any time while still in the facility.

I'm not sure about this mind-meld business, but it would seem to require more of a magical than technical component to meld minds with a person whose body hasn't been modified. I wouldn't put it past Dunuloa or someone to be able to do it, but I'm kind of dubious about the idea overall.

Just some random thoughts here...

I am really wondering why the blast door is there... and how a room that large can exist when they weren't that far underground. I didn't see a huge hill by the entrance. I kind of wonder if the Oasis rebirth facility is not exactly in normal space, and if Dr. Steve didn't build most of it (maybe the bits starting with the shower onward).

It also seems that the weird cylindrical tunnel is almost exactly the right size for one of the tanks to fit through.

I could also see too many failed attempts causing another Oasis to come out, either because the facility assumes the one pressing the button is broken somehow, or as a defense mechanism. I'm not sure what would happen then...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:22 am 
yurak wrote:
Some rogue long shots
Kusari takes Riff to Schlock. Surprisingly Riff is able to talk to Schlock about City 4U.

Re:Torg, we swap To Gwynn next. She's spoke to Syn'thia and we get the next Oasis bombshell and we get to watch Torg fall into the foreshadowed "trap".

I second Riff getting a chance to speak to Schlock. If he gets an opportunity to bring up 4U City (which seems reasonable: "I KNOW YOUR EVIL PLANS!" and all that), I think Schlocks bombshell reaction will be to stare at him blankly and go "what the hell are you talking about, that's not even close"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
It also seems that the weird cylindrical tunnel is almost exactly the right size for one of the tanks to fit through.

I've been wondering about that as well. My theory was that a tank is put into the cylindrical tunnel and an Oasis body is flushed into the showering area (instead of crawling there).

But the tanks have pipes on both ends. And this theory collides with the button on the other side of the tunnel (Oasis wouldn't be able to push it) and the watery footprints there.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
But the tanks have pipes on both ends. And this theory collides with the button on the other side of the tunnel (Oasis wouldn't be able to push it) and the watery footprints there.

Yeah, the footprints and the button pretty much rule out that that's what's going on. I still wonder if it's not a coincidence, though.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:19 pm 
I wonder that he hasn't tried using Chaz as a glass-cutter and scribing a circle with the point next to the door handle and bashing it out with the hilt so he can reach through and open it from outside. (Or even making a hole big enough to crawl through.)

We know Chaz is insanely sharp and he should have less objection to that than being used as a crowbar.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:40 pm 
erewhon wrote:
I wonder that he hasn't tried using Chaz as a glass-cutter and scribing a circle with the point next to the door handle and bashing it out with the hilt so he can reach through and open it from outside. (Or even making a hole big enough to crawl through.)

We know Chaz is insanely sharp and he should have less objection to that than being used as a crowbar.

Of course, now you have broken glass on the floor that would be painful to step through.

…then again, this is Torg we're talking about… :torg:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:22 am 
Now we find out if Chen is quickly executing his years-in-the-making master plan, in which he completely lied to Torg about being unfamiliar with the facility, or if he is just kind of ad-libbing and now very dead.

I'm leaning more towards the master plan.

For one thing, how should Torg have noticed that the door automatically locks on the inside? Sounds more like a prior-knowledge thing to me.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 am 
I stand corrected, I guess. Doesn't make sense, but sure.

Although now I'm wondering even without indication of any sort of mind meld process what will happen to the current Oasis unit now that "two" are active without one dying first.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I think that the shower and clothing system is just that, a shower and clothing system that is only programed to see that somebody goes through the steps correctly. Not how many Oasis's are running around.

It would only make sense for the "mind-meld" to happen at a vat when the current one dies and is uploaded. Or if she is only an avatar and the original is in the facility somewhere and activates a new one when the avatar dies.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm 
I think those parts of Oasis's head pieces that popped off were probably a device a to transfer the mind to the new body. .. and maybe the hair acted as an antenna

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:57 am 
I think that Roberts is either the real Doctor Steve or a successful rebirth of Doctor Steve that has been playing dumb...until his voiceprint activates that watch Chen has.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm 
ramoss wrote:
I think those parts of Oasis's head pieces that popped off were probably a device a to transfer the mind to the new body. .. and maybe the hair acted as an antenna

I likey!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:
I think that Roberts is either the real Doctor Steve or a successful rebirth of Doctor Steve that has been playing dumb...until his voiceprint activates that watch Chen has.

We already know that all Dr. Steve clones are compatible with the watch. That's what Chen said back when it was revealed that Dade was a Steve rebirth

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
We already know that all Dr. Steve clones are compatible with the watch. That's what Chen said back when it was revealed that Dade was a Steve rebirth

I for one side with Torg in not considering Chen an especially reliable source. Chen clearly thinks he can use the watch somehow; why would he point Schlock towards the truth about how to do so?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:04 am 
Even if Chen is lying that the watch can only be used by Dr. Steve's voice, we already know for a fact that Dr. Steve's voice is compatible with the watch since that's the only person who has successfully used it.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat