Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:06 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Hum. Has anyone noted that both Shankraft and Daiyu both have horrible eye sight. Curse??

We don't know that Daiyu wears that headgear due to vision problems or not. I think that was part of the standard "uniform" for Dr. Nofun's underlings and scientists, and she has kept it out of habit. (and for Pete to give her a distinctive visual hook so we recognize instantly)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:18 am 
Hmm..does Schlock specifically know Riff is on that ship with everyone? The Sashas' decision not to kill him fell into the loophole of Schlock being out of contact, and then once they regained contact, his existence seemed to not get mentioned up to the point Schlock ordered her bring "all the things"

I mention this because the latest comic is about the third time a Sasha has told Riff to shut up, and this is Riff we're talking about here. Not the quippy type. I realize silent prisoners are the preference for most villains, but even then it's starting to get suspicious.

I think the Sashas are protecting him.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:19 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Hmm..does Schlock specifically know Riff is on that ship with everyone? The Sashas' decision not to kill him fell into the loophole of Schlock being out of contact, and then once they regained contact, his existence seemed to not get mentioned up to the point Schlock ordered her bring "all the things"

I mention this because the latest comic is about the third time a Sasha has told Riff to shut up, and this is Riff we're talking about here. Not the quippy type. I realize silent prisoners are the preference for most villains, but even then it's starting to get suspicious.

I think the Sashas are protecting him.

That is my impression too. I wonder if there is fondness for him, or a plan to use him to allow them to become independent from HC (or both)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:52 am 
Random spec: although Mater-1 does not look connected to anything, it is in fact connected to an invisible pillar, projected by one of the three points of the triangle.
Mater-2 and Mater-3 are connected to the other two points.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:54 am 
Yeah, I was gonna ask, has there ever been a cloaking device used in Sluggy before? I don't recall one. Closest I think we've gotten to invisible stuff is ghosts, right?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:04 am 
I'm willing to hazard that it's the pyramid of the gods from mokadun (sp?)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 am 
Mater-1's space claw is shaped similar to the "claw" on the roof of Teknokon-1. Will he drain the oceans?

Or maybe Schlock is Walter Bishop and they're using the three-point harmonic to shift into another universe.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:52 pm 
My spec usually isn't worth much, but here it goes:

o Schlock's "accomplishment" with Oasis had something to do with being able to command her fire-making abilities...
o Oasis' flashback involves destroying other children in the orphanage with fire - something she apparently regrets, and the flashback was no doubt triggered by Schlock's experimentation...
o Oasis has made it plain - even when she was making fire for Torgy - that making fire is not what she WANTS. She even makes it look painful, albeit the pain is almost certainly emotional...
o We've all been speculating that either Kusari or Oasis will break with their programming any minute now... Yes, any second now... Um, now?

A break with programming is almost inevitable. While I agree that something odd is going on with Kusari/Sasha (esp. with respect to Riff, but even Sniper-Sasha's misreporting of Aylee's 'condition'), Sasha has been making it clear that she is no friend of Torg's - and she was happy to know that Irving had "succeeded" - whatever that means. However, since Pete has been priming us for years to expect an Oasis breakthrough, I would not be surprised at this point to have Kusari be the (first) one to break through.

Nonetheless, the spotlight has rightly been "earned" by Oasis for this transformation, and I think the transformation has to happen just about now... Whatever Schlock is about to show Torg is going to "affect" Oasis - whether it is directly related to her fire making, or whether it is her "source" (I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up being the pyramid of the gods... Or something akin to that). Will it be enough to trigger an unprogrammed response? Will she understand the Zahlia's (as much as anyone) are threatened by Schlock? Will Schlock accidentally (or not so accidentally) choose where they're hiding to make a demonstration? Something will trigger Oasis...

On the other hand... Cappy Bo still seems to have another role to play here, and he's on the way to the scene with Gwynn.... Have absolutely no idea what role that could be, however.

And then there's the Sluggy wildcard. Will Bun-Bun actually help this time or will he just contribute to the mess (as he did by helping keep Oasis distracted - thereby helping Kusari).

Chaz is also a wildcard - it has been inferred that he now has a taste of both Sasha and Oasis and can kill them - but what does "kill" mean in either case? Instead of getting a chance to live outside her programming, Oasis' "break" may simply mean taking the ultimate sacrifice....

Finally, there is the slight of hand. Will the underestimated Zoë find herself in a bug-squisher role once again? Or the even more underestimated Kiki - which button is she going to push?

OK, I actually came here to predict that Oasis was about to become very dangerous - but in doing so, I think that I managed to cover all of the potential bases....

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:36 pm 
I'm thinking all it will take is a phone call with Zoe's face on the screen to shake Oasis out of her programming.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:24 am 
I'm thinking along the lines of a connection to Timeless Space, but to what end?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 am 
If Schlock is anything like his DoR counterpart, he shouldn't know a thing about Timeless Space. But there are plenty of other possibilities here. The Pillars of Reality, the God Pyramid, the Temple of Time Bun Bun was thrown out of, some kind of external linkage Oasis created when she pyro'd that tree, or maybe it's just a Romulan Warbird.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm 
I don't believe we've seen anything indicating that Schlock would even know about the Pillars, the God Pyramid, or the Tower/Temple of Time. Indeed, the one time when I know he was shown evidence of anything connected to any of the "mystical" side of Sluggy (namely the K'Z'K cult symbol), he didn't recognize it at all.

Schlock's been on his dark path for so long that I fear he has forgotten why he ran for his life in the first place. His thinking has warped from "Runrunrun from the demons!" to "Run and hide from EVERYONE!" and now to "No more running, I aim to mi- er, I'm taking control to assure my own safety!"

Prediction? Um... we'll see either a young version of Berk from Sluggy-Prime, or an older version from another alt-future, and he will shock Schlock into some sense of heel realization.

EDIT: from the strip that I linked, the transponder wasn't to be installed on Oasis, but in Dr. Steve's base-lab! Does that change anything? Should this question go to the WOHPOAH thread?

EDIT #2: same strip... when Schlock says that HC should "take down" the cult, Kusari recommends against it due to "too many balls in the air". Was that the only reason, or was she acting as an agent of Fate or some similar power to keep HC and K'Z'K apart in order to prevent the Tangle?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:21 am 
I just realised... it is possible that The Triangle and The Tangle is the same.
And that would be a brilliant play on words.
Which makes it more likely to be the case.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 am 
swmartian wrote:
o Schlock's "accomplishment" with Oasis had something to do with being able to command her fire-making abilities...

In retrospect, it seems likely the triangle was to get a position fix on the invisible satellite. It would basically be like GPS in reverse (instead of using distance from 3 satellites to find a location, use distances from 3 known locations to find a satellite). Apparently the fire comes from that satellite. Probably the transponder was necessary to take the measurements.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Orbital Assault Satellite In Space. A tad redundant yes, so likely not the EXACT acronym.

So it's not pyrokinesis. The fire is from the satellite. BUT I think her *real* body is also in stasis in the Satellite. Hence the cloak.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat