Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 am 
Tobias wrote:
So here's the deal - we all put forward our guesses at what we will see in the next strip! If you guess correctly (or close) you'll get points and placed on the LEADERBOARD. Spot-on spec is worth 2 points, close-but-no-cigar spec is worth 1. You CAN try for a multi-spec by making several predications, in which case you can get more than 2 points total, but be warned! If any of yours specs is flat out wrong, the greatest number of points you can get is 1!

Coming soon: Ten spec points for those who correctly guessed Riff as His Masterness, and partial credit for those who guessed Schlock (His Masterness 1.0), Rammer (His Masterness 3.0), or autopilot (according to Beard Riff). Or possibly full credit depending on the R.E.V.I.E.W. If we hear any more about Frog's direct involvement with the His Masterness role then there may be partial credit there too.

LEADERBOARD:
    jmpuglia (+3) : 64
    Galaxy Hunter (+3) : 40
    Ijustwanttofly : 25
    5-Iron Badger : 16
    LegatoSkyheart : 15
    Jorodryn (+1) : 15
    Dark Nation : 13
    Zarzar : 13
    Artemis Knight : 11
    Steave : 10
    Marcus : 10
    Jormungandr (+8) : 9
    pierreb : 7
    Funky Honky : 7
    MetaThought : 4
    Rysto : 3
    Ctu (+3) : 3
    the_quark (+3) : 3
    Jade_rust : 2
    Cessnaporsche01 : 2
    Orion : 2
    ShirKi : 2
    ramoss : 2
    CCC : 2
    jaman686 : 2
    migB : 2
    The Bushranger : 2
    Kedryk : 2
    Tobias : 1
    srimech : 1
    WOLead : 1
    tejón : 1
- Tobias' original rules apply (except recurring spec is allowed too).
- Tobias may still call out points, and needs not follow my below guidelines.

Here are the guidelines by which I will hand out points.

- Everyone is entitled to two items of spec.

1: Recurring spec. This will be a person's spec until the event either happens or the person changes their recurring spec.
2: Daily spec. This will be a person's spec for the next daily strip.

- No half points.
- Predictions must be directly related to the comic.
- Daily predictions must be targeted for a specific day. If it happens later I won't award points, unless you have renewed the prediction and targeted it for that day.
- If you make two or more predictions and "go for the multispec" by saying so, you'll get full points for all the successful predictions, but take the risk of only getting one point if any part is flat-out wrong. Comments that obviously aren't official predictions won't hurt you.
- If you make two or more predictions without going for the multispec, you get up to two points for the best correct part and one point for each (mostly) correct part on top of that with no penalty for wrong predictions.
- Predicting the content of a filler is worth only one point.
- The following predictions won't be worth any points because they're too easy:
    Anything Pete has already announced or otherwise directly given away.
    Nonspecific filler predictions.
    Predicting what won't happen. For example, avoid predicting Crushestro doesn't crush Bestseid. Instead, predict what stops Crushy from doing it.
    Predicting that the scene stays with the characters it's currently focused on.
    Predicting a non-specific scene change. Gotta guess exactly who we will see next. Won't count if Pete has given it away.
    Predicting that a situation stays the same, unless there is a good reason to expect it might change. I'll say so in advance on a case-by-case basis if I think it's reasonably expected for a situation to stay the same, usually when we have had multiple days in a row of the same sort of thing.
- If more than one person predicts the same thing, and it's right, the first predictor gets full credit (one or two points). Following predictors:
    Who don't elaborate (springboard) or their elaboration is wrong, get one fewer point (zero or one point).
    Who elaborate correctly, get the above plus full usual credit for their springboard-prediction.
I'll continue to update the guidelines if needed. Hopefully I'm not making a simple game too complex. Let me know if you think anything isn't fair.

WWHN Part 5 here.
WWHN Part 4 here.
WWHN Part 3 here.
WWHN Part 2 here.
WWHN the Original here.

Last edited by Ijustwanttofly on Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm 
Hmmm...should have stuck with some of my earlier specks. Oh well.
Not sure what will happen tomorrow.

New recurring speck:

It will be revealed that Frog did shoot dimension of rain Dr. Schlock.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:31 pm 
5-Iron Badger wrote:
It will be revealed that Frog did shoot dimension of rain Dr. Schlock.

Piggyback: he did it when he discovered the Corsica Gambit (hence, "the great betrayer").

New spec: DoR-Riff helped develop the nanites, based on Dr. Crabtree's work, in an attempt to heal DoR-Zoë.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:33 pm 
Tuesday shotgun:
Riff did NOT shoot Schlock.
Alt-Riff is questioned about Zoe from Young Riff, but Rammer interrupts and asks about Schlock.
Rammer finds out he was also reset and lost some info about Schlock. Possibly that HE shot him.
The cane is a gadget. It can control much of the city remotely. He has another gadget in his right hand that we cannot see yet. Possibly a DTA.
When confronted with something he's done, Young Riff mutters an "I dunno" or some other similar "I don't want to talk about it"-esque phrase he is known for.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm 
Unfortunately if it takes me an hour and a half per thread to compile all the His Masterness specs like it took to compile the ones in the WWHN Episode 5 thread, and there are three His Masterness threads, it might be awhile before I am ready to present the results. Still working on it. :oasis:

Spec for Tuesday: Beard Riff really has been spending most of his time sitting in his pod with a Playstayshun 3 system, having made his life easier by installing a feeding tube and a waste-removal hookup. Don't act like you never thought of it. :torg:

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:39 am 
Current long term Multi-spec (to make things easier for our intrepid host): (1) Pod-Riff has access to time travel tech and (2) tried to use it to stop the rise of 4U City.

Lets see... Wednesday multispec:
DoN Riff's two (remaining) questions are (1) where is zoe and (2) will you send us home?

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:48 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Jormungandr wrote:
DoN Riff's two (remaining) questions are (1) where is zoe and (2) will you send us home?
damn, beat me to it.. piggyback me onto this one.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:55 am 
For his two remaining questions, Riff will produce an electric guitar from the folds of his trenchcoat and shout, "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK? I SAID ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?" Once Old Riff and Rammer (perhaps somewhat grudgingly) admit that they are indeed ready to rock, Riff will then compose an impromptu five-hour epic rock opera summarizing the events of the entire comic up to this point. It will be the most spectacular recap the world has ever seen.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:49 am 
EDIT: realized other people had guessed at "where is zoe"

Riff's question number 2 will be: Why will you allow Rammer to run 4U City?
His question number 3 will be: How can I find Zoe?

(not exactly piggyback, since Zoe is 3, and Riff knows he will be jerked around if he just asks where she is.)

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Tobias wrote:
So here's the deal - we all put forward our guesses at what we will see in the next strip! If you guess correctly (or close) you'll get points and placed on the LEADERBOARD. Spot-on spec is worth 2 points, close-but-no-cigar spec is worth 1. You CAN try for a multi-spec by making several predications, in which case you can get more than 2 points total, but be warned! If any of yours specs is flat out wrong, the greatest number of points you can get is 1!

Coming soon: Ten spec points for those who correctly guessed Riff as His Masterness, and two spec points for those who guessed Schlock (His Masterness 1.0).

What about those who specced Rammer as His Masterness? As of today, this seems to be true, too...

TCC

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 am 
gregnier wrote:
Jormungandr wrote:
damn, beat me to it.. piggyback me onto this one.

Doughnuts!

Marcellus wrote:
For his two remaining questions, Riff will produce an electric guitar from the folds of his trenchcoat and shout, "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK? I SAID ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?" Once Old Riff and Rammer (perhaps somewhat grudgingly) admit that they are indeed ready to rock, Riff will then compose an impromptu five-hour epic rock opera summarizing the events of the entire comic up to this point. It will be the most spectacular recap the world has ever seen.

From out of nowhere, you have made my 3am so happy.

Let's see...
Wednesday's shotgun:
Young Riff muddles his next question(s) and then scrambles to try to ask both where "his" Zoe is and for help building a DTA.
Riff also really wants to know what he eats in that pod. flying cheese logs are related.
Someone tries to ask "and where do you go once Rammer is in the chamber?" But they are out of questions.
Torg comes back and asks what happened with *their* Zoe.
The cane is a gadget. A weapon that can "reset" someone on command. He has another gadget in his pocket that we cannot see yet. Possibly a DTA.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:58 am 
Wednesday spec: Someone will bring up the subject of Izzy.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am 
jmpuglia wrote:
Tuesday shotgun ... Rammer ... asks about Schlock ... Young Riff mutters an "I dunno" ...
One plus two equals three.

TCCPhreak wrote:
What about those who specced Rammer as His Masterness? As of today, this seems to be true, too...
I'll see what I can do about that. Won't be full credit because he wasn't His Masterness at the point in the story when we were all making our specs.

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Beard Riff really has been spending most of his time sitting in his pod with a Playstayshun 3 system ...
Renewing.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 pm 
Riff's two questions: where is Sluggy Prime Zoe and how do we get home?

whoa, should have known everyon wa thinking that. perils of phoneposting.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 pm 
General spec at some point this week: We learn that Schlock died in his sleep, and then was shot by Frog.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat