Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:05 am 
I wonder what kind of information the HC guards can give Torg and Zoe that would help them further. Obviously they can't get past the bulkheads still. I wonder if they can communicate with Schlock from where they are?

And when are we going to see BunBun and Kiki? And just where IS the real Schlock. I am thinking he is hiding in his command center with Frog still. I am not even convinced he came down to the bay floor to address things.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 am 
Bun bun and Kiki are a good question. They're a pair of Chekov's guns right now, but just like finding the rocket launcher in Doom, if you wait too long to find the perfect time to fire it, you risk never using it at all (of course, I'm not against a well executed "what did we miss" joke)

It's hard to imagine right now, but I feel like everyone needs to get into even bigger trouble before bun bun finally pops out

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:58 pm 
I wonder if Dr. Schlock uploaded his brain to a computer and there is no longer a "real" Schlock. Because it's been a long time since we've seen him without it being an inflatable decoy.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:19 am 
RamenChef wrote:
I wonder if Dr. Schlock uploaded his brain to a computer and there is no longer a "real" Schlock. Because it's been a long time since we've seen him without it being an inflatable decoy.

Remember that in Dimension of Rain, he refused to upgrade his medical nanites to 'new version' (version that completely overwrites brain to a snapshot). He cares too much about 'himself', he would refuse any method that would result in questionable state of 'self/not self'.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am 
RamenChef wrote:

I think the version we saw holding Frog when the station was attacked and the emergency bulkheads came down was his real non-inflatable self. The question is where he is now. Supposedly he went to the bay floor to get the report on things, but I am not convinced he really went there, considering the danger. I would have thought he would have sent one of his inflatable decoys and just stayed hiding in the main command module. With Frog.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm 
Okay, space-station Agent McKay is totally defying Schlock by bringing the Musky-5 onboard. And both he and Dr. Montgomery (male, female, so hard to tell) consider Schlock's fear of Riff "irrational". Apparently they don't realize Riff's history with Schlock, or what Riff can do. Which is good for our heros. Question is, will Riff and the crew be conscience when they are brought on board, or will they be suffering from lack of oxygen.
The HC staff also don't seem to be considering the danger that organic Oasis herself poses. I am pretty sure she can take everybody on. Also, I am not sure how willing Shankcraft is going to be to help them now, considering that his beloved Daiyu was almost killed with little regard from Schlock/Montgomery. Shankcraft is also "grateful" to Torg/Riff for creating the chain of events that allowed him to meet Dr. Daiyu, AND Torg/Riff saved Daiyu's life by taping her up. So I am thinking he might be more likely to help THEM at this point, instead of HC. Maybe. Maybe not. But I am certainly curious to see what happens. I mean, the HC Dire R.E.A. DID launch weapons at them in an attempt to kill them. Doesn't sound like something that would continue to foster loyalty to HC.

So, Shankcraft refuses to help HC with the O.A.S.I.S. satellite. He might even help organic Oasis with herself. Oasis attacks the HC crew that tries to get in the way. And Riff totally gets on board and screws up Schlock's (long) day even more. Dr. Daiyu tries not to die/pass out?
Meanwhile, Torg and Zoe are sneaking into the ruptured command section, waiting for it to be repaired, so that they are on the correct side of the bulkhead when it reopens. Gwynn reads Synthea's book and learns how she can use it to her advantage. And BunBun gets set to reveal the crap load of pixie stix he brought to feed to Kiki.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:34 pm 
kromiller wrote:
Okay, space-station Agent McKay is totally defying Schlock by bringing the Musky-5 onboard.

Well, McKay didn't say that he was bringing the Musky-5 onboard, only that he had launched the Mater-2 to rendezvous with the Musky-5. The intent is more likely to be rescue Shankraft, and the hell with anyone else on board (although, McKay may have enough sense to try to grab Dr. Daiyu as well...). Fortunately for us (or rather, for Riff) intent and result may be two different things...

kromiller wrote:
...conscience...

I think you mean "conscious".

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm 
swmartian wrote:
kromiller wrote:
Okay, space-station Agent McKay is totally defying Schlock by bringing the Musky-5 onboard.

Well, McKay didn't say that he was bringing the Musky-5 onboard, only that he had launched the Mater-2 to rendezvous with the Musky-5. The intent is more likely to be rescue Shankraft, and the hell with anyone else on board (although, McKay may have enough sense to try to grab Dr. Daiyu as well...). Fortunately for us (or rather, for Riff) intent and result may be two different things.

Right. I think Oasis will get them aboard the Mater-2, unbeknownst to hC, and someone'll have a surprise once they open it

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:46 am 
So, the hC strike team are pirates from Oceans Unmoving, right? I haven't checked names yet but it seems probable.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:53 am 
Well, I can't seem to find any of the names in the Sluggy NiftySearch, but I think that's a great theory! Silly timeless space.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Well, I can't seem to find any of the names in the Sluggy NiftySearch, but I think that's a great theory! Silly timeless space.

I love that theory too! If I remember correctly, many of the pirates used different names.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 am 
Oh! I just remembered. McKay was actually one of the first mates of the Bloody Bun. I wonder if that means he's getting fluxed at some point in the not too distant future…

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Oh! I just remembered. McKay was actually one of the first mates of the Bloody Bun. I wonder if that means he's getting fluxed at some point in the not too distant future…

It would be neat to see the direct connection between Sluggy prime and Timeless Space (besides Bun Bun and Tempest), but do you think he's the same McKay?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 pm 
I suppose the name could be entirely coincidental, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if Pete didn't take this opportunity to connect the two storylines. It provides a great way to dispatch the character without killing him in addition to a fun backstory for "Smart-Career-Move" McKay. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 am 
kansaichris wrote:
I suppose the name could be entirely coincidental, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if Pete didn't take this opportunity to connect the two storylines. It provides a great way to dispatch the character without killing him in addition to a fun backstory for "Smart-Career-Move" McKay. ;)

True, and the title of the subchapter hints at these connections coming in some way. Pete generally has purposes to names.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat