Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:11 pm 
I am also hoping that Kusari purposely had Frog try to open the door and somehow had a hand in the wrong door opening. I would love to know that she is fighting back the best way that she is able to. I still have hope for her, I really do.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm 
I personally am wondering 'did we actually see the end of Roberts or not'. Having an antenna on top of the head like that is just too convenient. I wonder if one of the experiments Dr Steve (or maybe Roberts) was doing it a organic interface to organic interface transfer to another Dr Steve clone.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 pm 
kromiller wrote:
I am also hoping that Kusari purposely had Frog try to open the door and somehow had a hand in the wrong door opening. I would love to know that she is fighting back the best way that she is able to. I still have hope for her, I really do.

I do too--I think she is capable of finding a way to fight back. All the ways she has found have been like this, small but significant actions that could be written off as careless and not pinned on her. This one will likely have big ramifications!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I'll just put this here so I can point to it later and say, "Damn, I'm really bad at speculating."

Roberts in space, dies and comes back later as a rebirth.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 pm 
Freecain wrote:
short term guess:
It was kusari/Sasha that opened the door killing Roberts, not frog.

This was actually my first thought also. I do think Frog opened the door... but I have a feeling Kusasha switched the wiring at some point. And Schlock will simply believe Frog pushed the wrong button. After all, he is but a Frog.

Hopefully we find out soon!

Poor Roberts. I was actually kinda fond of him. Less so since he barbecued Chen, admittedly.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 am 
Kusari clearly knows the meaning of the word "sabotage".

You know, it occurs to me to wonder how long she's been waiting for an opportunity like this. Has she been playing a long game against Schlock this whole time, or did she only recently have a true change of heart?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 am 
I'm thinking that Kusari is also breaking free of her own programming. She probably isn't at the point where she can actually disobey a direct order but it seems that she is now at the point where she can interpret her orders liberally - destructive compliance if you will.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am 
This idea of her having to follow instructions, but using liberal interpretations to sabotage Dr. Schlock has a ton of merit:
Dr. Schlock tells Kusari to get Roberts... but doesn't specify when. This was the loop hole she used to not kill Riff.
Kusari didn't kill Roberts she (allegedly) swapped the cables (and cut the one that would let Roberts out). If she could just kill Roberts, she would have opened the outer airlock door. She couldn't, so she set up frog to actually push the button.
Of course... It might work in her logic, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't hold up in a court of law... I suppose we could stab her with Chaz for a second opinion.

Some thoughts on why Dr. Schlock's power over her is waning:
She learned her origins, and like Oasis, it is setting her free
O.A.S.I.S. is exerting some control over her, unknown to Oasis(there could be a mind divide there).
The financial ruin of Hereti Corp is putting Dr. Schlocks ownership in question, giving her more flexibility.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Freecain wrote:
Some thoughts on why Dr. Schlock's power over her is waning:
-She got tired of the abuse and is finally breaking free.
-She really does love Riff and is playing a Heel-Face Turn. (Warning TVTropes link)
-Chaz broke the trinity of minds by actually KILLING the soul of one of them.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
slightlylooney wrote:
I'm thinking that Kusari is also breaking free of her own programming. She probably isn't at the point where she can actually disobey a direct order but it seems that she is now at the point where she can interpret her orders liberally - destructive compliance if you will.

She was ordered to "retrieve Roberts". Instead she caused Roberts to be ejected into space. If she didn't directly disobey, then she must now be on her way to set out in a shuttle to rescue Roberts before he suffocates. (Retrieving Roberts' corpse shouldn't count as retrieving Roberts.)

If Kusari brings Roberts back alive, then the whole exercise seems rather pointless. If she doesn't, then she ends up having disobeyed a direct order.

From another point of view, this is a great opportunity for Zoë and Gwynn. If they can capture Roberts they'll have a valuable hostage. Schlock won't flux a ship that contains Roberts as long as he thinks there's any chance that he'll be able to regain control of Oasis with Roberts' help.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
slightlylooney wrote:

She was ordered to "retrieve Roberts". Instead she caused Roberts to be ejected into space. If she didn't directly disobey, then she must now be on her way to set out in a shuttle to rescue Roberts before he suffocates. (Retrieving Roberts' corpse shouldn't count as retrieving Roberts.)

If Kusari brings Roberts back alive, then the whole exercise seems rather pointless. If she doesn't, then she ends up having disobeyed a direct order.

Maybe her logic is that no one of her actions was disobeying the order by itself. Rewiring the door delayed her retrieving Roberts, but that in itself isn't disobeying. Asking Frog to help her retrieve Roberts isn't disobeying (of course it is given that she knew he would likely accidentally sabotage the mission, but...). If there's some program checking if she obeyed orders, maybe it isn't smart enough to realize she didn't - kind of like how on a computer network, attackers can try to attack by sneaking packets past the firewall that are innocuous individually, but together compromise security. It can be hard to detect those kinds of attacks.

And now she has to run off and try to stop him from immediately dying (in order to obey orders), but she knows she won't be fast enough.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am 
Remember how Schlock said that envy was the only emotion Kusari was able to emulate? It's possible that things may have finally come to a head when Kusari realized that with Roberts and Oasis combined, Schlock won't have much use for her anymore. By getting rid of Roberts, she has eliminated the potential competition for her job. Of course, Schlock will have a hard time trusting her after he realizes what she (presumably) did with the airlock, but at this point what other choice does he have?

I'm not putting much stock in this theory, but it does provide an explanation for her actions other than a fundamental shift in allegiance.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
slightlylooney wrote:

From another point of view, this is a great opportunity for Zoë and Gwynn. If they can capture Roberts they'll have a valuable hostage. Schlock won't flux a ship that contains Roberts as long as he thinks there's any chance that he'll be able to regain control of Oasis with Roberts' help.

Well, having ejected Roberts into space (making it look like Frog), IF roberts survives , he's not going to be very HAPPY with Frog now is he?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am 
Quote:

Do Zoe and Gywnn even know who Roberts is? I don't think they do. Would they bother to pick him up in space just because he is floating by? I doubt it?

I DO wonder where Kusari has gotten to. But, if she HAS gone to retrieve Roberts, I don't see her trying to do that in space. Is there another shuttle that will let her? If there is, would that be something wise to attempt, given that Zoe and Gwynn are staring down the space station with an armed Fido? At this point, 10 minutes as got to be up and they are supposedly ready to make a move. I would think Schlock would be worried about "itchy trigger fingers" and wouldn't want Kusari making any extra moves, and would Kusari automatically try to retrieve Roberts floating off into space at this point? Still, maybe she is suiting up in one of the the D.I.R.E REAs. Heh.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm 
I'm picturing Frog and Schlock figuring out that wires were crossed. At that time, Kusari brings the body of Roberts to Dr. Schlock
"You didn't specify you wanted me to get him alive"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat