Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:01 am 
My first try at this game:

Long term spec:
Old Riff isn't old. He's the same age as our Riff (taking into account our Riff's reboots). He's spent a few years running the city from that cupboard, so his hair and beard grew out. The walking-stick is a red herring -- his nanites are off and he hurt his leg (perhaps while becoming HM).

If he were older, he'd be balder.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 am 
mattofdoom wrote:
My first try at this game:

Long term spec:
Old Riff isn't old. He's the same age as our Riff (taking into account our Riff's reboots). He's spent a few years running the city from that cupboard, so his hair and beard grew out. The walking-stick is a red herring -- his nanites are off and he hurt his leg (perhaps while becoming HM).

If he were older, he'd be balder.

Not at all.. I know plenty of folks with a full head of hair at an older age.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 pm 
Lazy re-spec shotgun:
Someone tries to ask "and where do you go once Rammer is in the chamber?" But they are out of questions.
Torg comes back and asks what happened with *their* Zoe. Riff is shocked by his resistance of the drugs.
The cane is a gadget. A weapon that can "reset" someone on command. He has another gadget in his pocket that we cannot see yet. Possibly a DTA.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:59 am 
Long term spec: alt-Riff's vital work turns out to be a time machine (hence the Dr. Who music in his head). He still wants to be the hero and travel back to prevent the horrors of the DoR from ever happening.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:50 pm 
Rysto wrote:
My long-term spec is still that His Masterness is going to offer a deal to Riff or Torg where his part of it will be healing Zoe completely.
Close but no cigar ... so far ... +1

Jormungandr wrote:
Lets see... Wednesday multispec: DoN Riff's two (remaining) questions are (1) where is zoe and (2) will you send us home?
One part of the multispec was correct but unfortunately the other was flat-out wrong. +1 There were a few piggybacks but piggybacks carry a 1 point penalty.

migB wrote:
Riff's question number 2 will be: Why will you allow Rammer to run 4U City? His question number 3 will be: How can I find Zoe? (not exactly piggyback, since Zoe is 3, and Riff knows he will be jerked around if he just asks where she is.)
Whether this were interpreted as a piggyback or as Zoe being question #3, it wouldn't earn points either way unfortunately. Clever way to go about it though.

Still working on the His Masterness spreadsheet. Looks like those who specced something similar to 'autopilot' ought to win some points too.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:07 pm 
Friday Recap-spec-shotgun-extravamuganza:
Over the course of the next few comics:
"Old" Riff explains that he and Zoe were DFAd out of his dimension following the Oasis/Harbinger attack and landed in a dimension similar-yet-opposite of the 4U dimension (i.e. it never rains). Much later, he was able to get back in time for Schlock to hand the reigns over to him. He and Schlock made a deal that involved Schlock being "allowed" to die and Riff getting the tools he needs to create something to replace his lost Zoe (Kusari-is-Zoe speccers take note). To do so, he needs: nanites, cloning science, thought-links (Schlock's balloon-Schlock, R.E.V.I.E.W. machine, etc) and vast volumes of information on behavior (Grab-All databases integrated into 4U's data-pools).
What he's been working on in the basement actually affects the weather and is why it rains so much in 4U.
I still say that cane is a very important piece of equipment in the whole ordeal.

End of Shotgun-extravagaTonyDanza.

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 am 
ok, I will give this a guess
Next comic will be how DoR Riff loses Zoe and gets lost in another dimension
Long turn: how 4u city came to be and how the medical nanites were created by studding Oasis

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:58 pm 
Weekend spec whilst my shotgun-extravagonzola goes on hold until next week:

Frog knew all the others weren't Corsica Prime!
He witnessed, or at least has strong evidence of, the very first Corsica death.

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:01 pm 
My weekend spec:

Corsica 1 is still alive

(bonus spec) and in fact more intelligent than Frog, she just feigned otherwise because she did not want his company. Heck, she may have even replaced herself with a random frog on purpose to get away.

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:11 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
"Old" Riff explains that he and Zoe were DFAd out of his dimension following the Oasis/Harbinger attack and landed in a dimension similar-yet-opposite of the 4U dimension (i.e. it never rains). Much later, he was able to get back in time for Schlock to hand the reigns over to him. He and Schlock made a deal that involved Schlock being "allowed" to die and Riff getting the tools he needs to create something to replace his lost Zoe (Kusari-is-Zoe speccers take note). To do so, he needs: nanites, cloning science, thought-links (Schlock's balloon-Schlock, R.E.V.I.E.W. machine, etc) and vast volumes of information on behavior (Grab-All databases integrated into 4U's data-pools).
What he's been working on in the basement actually affects the weather and is why it rains so much in 4U.
I still say that cane is a very important piece of equipment in the whole ordeal.

Shotgun-reloaded.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:46 am 
woot... half my long term spec was right... still no word on the other half yet though...

let's see... I would spec for tomorrow that it will cover DoR Riff's attempt to change the history of 4u city... but that's too close to being a rehash of the second part of my long term spec.

hmm...

Wednesday shotgun:
DoN Riff interrupts DoR Riff
DoR Riff threatens DoN Riff with his cane
We find out that Frog was lying/wrong about shooting schlock

that's all i got right now... I see far too many possibilities and all the ones that stand out are obvious to the point of being givens.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 am 
I cant even begin to spec right now. Too much of a curveball thrown by the R.E.V.I.E.W

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:25 am 
Ok, not worrying about points but long term shotgun anyway:

but the set up allows for the following:

The Riff's find a way to use Prime Riff's Nanites to make DoR Riff young again without losing his memory, so he can go back to his wife.
Since DoR riff has mastered Interdimensional travel AND time (otherwise he wouldn't have been able to spend 30 years away and be there now, much less he said so), He will be able to send Prime Riff back to just before Oasis incinerated the Mark-19, and allow riff to stop the whole thing from happening, then Prime Riff number 1 will warn Prime riff number 2 about schlock, and prime Riff will 1 just disappear, since he now had never left. leaving Prime Riff number 2 to stop the events from unfolding, so none of this ever happens. Zoe lives and the cast dynamic can go back to normal.

I know it's a little "pandorica opens/big bang" but the setup is there. it would resolve this entire plot line and allow the unfolding creation of 4U in Prime to be stopped by someone in the know.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm 
Tuesday Shotgun/piggyback if someone else specced any of this:

Alt-Riff tells about how he built a device (taking years and years) to send him back, saying goodbye to Vealronica and possibly opening a portal to Timeless Space (holding out for OUIII).

He has to battle his way into the city due to the whole genetic terminate order thing.

He confronts Schlock about the betrayal and Schlock gives a very good reason for it (but Riff can't remember)

He takes over from Schlock, leaving him a broken old man alone with his cowardice.

Schlock eventually went to his only friend Frog, and asked him to end his life as the nanites rendered him immortal through the re-boot.

Frog wouldn't hurt Schlock until he revealed the nifty running Corisca list, which drove Frog over the edge and caused him to kill him. (hence Frog shot Schlock and he still 'lived to an old age' technically)

End of Line.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:19 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
jmpuglia wrote:

Shotgun-reloaded.

Keep it coming.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat