Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:36 pm 
"I'm dead!" was her emergency signal.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:38 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
If it's as simple as "Sasha had a change of heart because she realized she loved Riff" then as much as I admire Pete, I would call that bad writing. Think about all the things Sasha has done or stood by and let happen over the course of more than 15 years - trying to shoot Riff without a second thought, letting Zoe burn,faking a marriage for five years, etc." And then she changes her mind? Just like that? Precisely at the moment when HC gains critical potentially checkmate-level knowledge via Chen? So much build up over so many years just to have it culminate in "Sorry, I realize now I was wrong..." there's got to be more happening here.

I totally agree. When she first shot at Riff, I was convinced that she knew that the glass was bulletproof, and that the shot was to solidify her standing in her role for hC and cut ties with the gang for good, all without really endangering Riff. However, she as much as just admitted that she had no frigging clue that the glass was bulletproof, and had every intention of killing this man that she had fallen in love with - or worse, fell in love with him after she failed to kill him? Yeah, that would be bad writing, and I have more faith in Pete than that. Pity, I would have like to have seen her redeemed somehow, but Pete has written himself onto a ledge now. Redeemable would not be believable (not at this point), but that's going to make a lot of Sasha fans unhappy....

And... uh... that's my spec for what's going to happen next (a lot of Sasha fans will be unhappy), not rambling about some other spec... yeah.......

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:39 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Pity, I would have like to have seen her redeemed somehow, but Pete has written himself onto a ledge now. Redeemable would not be believable (not at this point), but that's going to make a lot of Sasha fans unhappy....

I believe she can still be redeemed, but that hinges on some spec panning out. I'm of the mindset that her true alignment is not with Hereticorp but with the forces trying to prevent the collapse of the web and/or pillars of reality. If that's the case then everything she's done may have been the only way to save everything by manipulating events to ensure (or avert) a specific outcome.

It's a reach, I know, but that's where I'm putting my chips.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
If it's as simple as "Sasha had a change of heart because she realized she loved Riff" then as much as I admire Pete, I would call that bad writing.

So would I, which is why I hope I'm wrong and let's just leave it at that for now.

Next week is going to have a moment where Torg and Gwynn see Sasha running out in Riff's shirt, then Riff coming out half dressed, so snarky innuendo is on the menu. Besides that, I'm hoping we get a gigantic curveball.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 am 
I think that Oasis might restrain herself. We did see some growth and self-realization from her. That must have some effect on events.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:57 am 
It's probably not right, but here' some spec. Sasha planted a bomb of her own in the room. When Oasis shows up she sets it off and takes out both Riff and Oasis. I obviously expect this to at least not go 100% according to plan, because I don't think Riff will die (at least I hope not), but I'm speccing that's how she plans to do it. She just lured Oasis into the room, so she can be sure to get her if she triggers the bomb at the right time and Riff is a bonus if he's still there when Oasis comes. Also, it comes with the added bonus that even if Riff hadn't let her go, she still could have triggered the bomb. It just would have killed her too (but Oasis would anyway so...worth the gamble?)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:09 am 
OR, the knife through the window was a warning to Riff and Oasis is charging a HC hit team.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:14 pm 
Ok. I personally hope Sasha isn't evil, but right now I'm thinking she's got to be.

I think next week we are going to see Torg contingency planning come off like a professional military unit. My question is how much of his contingency plans did he share with Riff.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:
I think next week we are going to see Torg contingency planning come off like a professional military unit.

I would really like that! I miss the strategic-mastermind Torg.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm 
I really want to believe Sasha. I do. I genuinely believe she loves Riff. I just don't think that's enough for her to betray HC. Either by her own loyalty to HC or (programming? brainwashing?) She's never chosen Riff over HC before. She tried to shoot him in the face and seemed genuinely happy to see him at the same time last time they were together. I do think she loves him, just not enough.

Today's strip confirms for me that Sasha is indeed still loyal to HC. I think she is trying to expose Oasis to kill her for Schlock in order to locate the rebirth facility. She's way to pleased with herself about Torg and Oasis being there in panel 3. However, I'm starting to think that Riff, Torg, and Oasis have a plan or something up their sleeve. Not sure what, just getting a vibe they're playing Sasha right back. (I hope?)

What I want to happen is that Torg and Riff are getting along and have a plan to capture Sasha alive and get real information out of her /redemption arc maybe for Sasha.

What I think is actually going to happen is Sasha isn't alone and is somehow going to kill Oasis. (maybe Kusari's hiding in wait or something), so Schlock can find the 'rebirth facility'.

Edit: Holy crap Bunny Suction! That would be amazing if she was really an agent for uncle time and trying to keep the web from falling! Trying to save the world would trump her love for Riff and would explain trying to shoot him in the face (for the greater good) rather than for HC.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:17 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
I think that Oasis might restrain herself. We did see some growth and self-realization from her. That must have some effect on events.

Ha. I came to post my spec that on Monday we'll see her shredding Sasha's shirt into tiny little pieces... Prior to finding Torg, Pete showed that she was retraining herself to make the Override B-1 apply to icons rather than people....

Or second option: Torg and Riff are "really dumb".

Or option 3:
Jimmymac wrote:
I think next week we are going to see Torg contingency planning come off like a professional military unit. My question is how much of his contingency plans did he share with Riff.

We can only hope!!!

RCG wrote:
OR, the knife through the window was a warning to Riff and Oasis is charging a HC hit team.

Although, I kind of like that spec, too.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:45 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:

I agree with this along with keeping my spec. It makes sense to me that Sasha would try to kill both Riff and Oasis (even if Oasis has priority), but I do think she's going to fail.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm 
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray to Pete my spec to heed.

And if Sasha should die before I wake,
I pray to to Pete, at least some answers please?!?

The slugite's prayer

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:23 am 
AOL: Eagle299
So, spec time.

The satellite manufacturing space station is a lie. Schlock wants Riff looking up, when there's nothing to see, rather than focused on the ground.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 am 
I could buy that. Schlock really freaked out over losing that satellite. If he had an easy way to make backups, I don't think Riff's actions would've been any more than a frustrating nuisance to him. But that's all entirely moot with Sasha armed with a laser cannon and Riff's back turned. Why spin a lie to make them lose time when you can just blast him and grind the whole mission to a halt?

...of course, that assumes Riff gave her a working laser cannon.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat