Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 am 
Quote:
First...Kromiller=K.R.O.Miller ---> K=Kimberly. So, not Mr., definitely very female.
:sasha: :zoe: :oasis: :gwynn: :kiki: :aylee:

My deepest, sincerest, apologies, Maam!
I wasn't aware, and was just trying to be respectful. I meant no disrespect, or insults.

Again, I apologize if any were perceived.

Quote:
Don't overthink the comics, just sit back and enjoy Pete's ride.

Apparently a problem I have.
Like how come no air-leaks after all the gun-fire. Or even bacon fire! I bet there's holes all through that large area they're in...

On the other hand, I really do enjoy Pete's ride, no matter what :)
We also have 5 fingers, generally...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:51 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Like how come no air-leaks after all the gun-fire. Or even bacon fire! I bet there's holes all through that large area they're in...

Although the bulk of HC's space station may be inflatable tech, it's entirely possible and even probable IMO that (a) certain locations such as labs or large work areas with a higher likelihood of pointy objects are of "hard" construction, or (b) said areas ARE inflatable but specially reinforced to better withstand punctures.

A madman with a pik-gun flying around and taking potshots at the outer hull may not be expected, but I got the impression that Montgomery (who seemed to be in charge of that area) was a bit more sensible. So she could well have taken precautions.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:04 am 
It's possible the station has some kind self-sealing goo on the inner membrane that can deal to a certain extent with sporadic small holes caused by lowish velocity munitions.

I'm thinking there's a possibility the Kusasha's en-route may retrieve the DFA cannon, pick up Shankraft and then go Install it in the Kusari satellite.

Maybe if they re-launch O.A.S.I.S we'll have a satellite to satellite battle!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:38 am 
Quote:
It's possible the station has some kind self-sealing goo on the inner membrane that can deal to a certain extent with sporadic small holes caused by lowish velocity munitions.

Might well be. Riff sure could have used something like that when he launched the first FIDO from the XT-34!
He had screws, knives, tools, forks, heck, if it was sharp, he had it floating around in there with him!

I still wonder what Schlock is up to. He isn't the kind to roll over and give up unless there's a gun pointed in his face. Close by.
Perhaps THAT is why Riff want's the station schema. So he can clean his laser cannon's barrel with Schlock's ear hair. It works so well, after all :D

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Quote:
First...Kromiller=K.R.O.Miller ---> K=Kimberly. So, not Mr., definitely very female.
:sasha: :zoe: :oasis: :gwynn: :kiki: :aylee:

My deepest, sincerest, apologies, Maam!
I wasn't aware, and was just trying to be respectful. I meant no disrespect, or insults.

Again, I apologize if any were perceived.

Quote:
Don't overthink the comics, just sit back and enjoy Pete's ride.

Apparently a problem I have.

On the other hand, I really do enjoy Pete's ride, no matter what :)
We also have 5 fingers, generally...

Nope, I was fine. Just amused. :)

I also agree with air-leaks query. One of the agents even made a comment about not wearing space suits if they were going to be firing weapons. And then some weapon fire happened. Maybe not enough weapon fire happened. The bacon probably wasn't crispy enough, or it all hit it's intended target. Hah.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:24 pm 
erewhon wrote:
I'm thinking there's a possibility the Kusasha's en-route may retrieve the DFA cannon, pick up Shankraft and then go Install it in the Kusari satellite.

THIS is what I was thinking might happen. By ejecting the DFA cannon, they might have just given the Sasha's what they wanted. *sigh*
In the 4U City dimension, the DFA cannons shown firing on the demon outsiders that breached the wall were firing from satellites that definitely weren't O.A.S.I.S. satellites. They looked like normal satellites. Could have been Kusari satellites.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:44 am 
kromiller wrote:
erewhon wrote:

THIS is what I was thinking might happen. By ejecting the DFA cannon, they might have just given the Sasha's what they wanted. *sigh*
In the 4U City dimension, the DFA cannons shown firing on the demon outsiders that breached the wall were firing from satellites that definitely weren't O.A.S.I.S. satellites. They looked like normal satellites. Could have been Kusari satellites.

Yes, I don't really get why they think it's over, unless they plan to destroy the station.
The 3D-Printing robots are still there and can manufacture conventional DFA satellites again.

They might be a bit bit strapped for resources, because the supply chain is effectively gone with the collapse of HC earthside but I guess they could downsize the station and cannibalise some parts to get enough DFA satellites together to force a surrender of the earth governments.

By the same token, they're doomed on the station unless they can get supplies from earth anyway.

Riff putting Izzy, and/or an Izzy-Virus into the station command system would be a better way to deal with it. (And maybe a Nom-bie virus)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:52 am 
Could be but Schlock said once that even if someone saw the Kusari satellite, they wouldn't know what they were looking at.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 am 
Today's strip, 7-24-2018. Lord Golbez made a comment in today's Reactions thread suggesting that the AOL brain should be a higher flux priority than the Sasha clones.

And maybe that's right. Suppose Schlock isn't aiming for Sasha, but rather Sasha's ISP (or her servers). That would theoretically shut down both the clone facility (the bits Sasha hasn't shut down already, that is) and the incoming Sashas.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:13 pm 
uglyface2 wrote:
And maybe that's right. Suppose Schlock isn't aiming for Sasha, but rather Sasha's ISP (or her servers). That would theoretically shut down both the clone facility (the bits Sasha hasn't shut down already, that is) and the incoming Sashas.

Schlock's exact words were "Kusari is a satellite running off an old AOL account." He said nothing to indicate that said AOL account's servers are on the aforementioned satellite, so perhaps you're right. :sasha:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 am 
Welp, there goes that office park. Presumably that contained the bulk of Sasha. Hopefully all of her so her brain's at least in one piece. Would make sense that an AGI running off 90s tech would need an entire office park to be housed.

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but the Sasha in the window looked older and was possibly using a cane? Could that have been her original? Hmm guess we'll never know, now!

2+ years ago I observed that despite everything, it seemed like the DoR was still right on track to happen, and here we are now - with a familiar AI and a telling "U" - still on track for perpetual rain and drugged coffee. That tells me this is gonna move right up to the edge of whatever the point-of-no-return is before something finally breaks the trajectory. Trouble is, it's not clear what that would be. Every action they take lately seems like it's very nearly a point of no return...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:29 am 
The way I see it, there are two possibilities.

1. Kusasha's brain is in her satellite. In this case, Schlock has just fluxed all the clones, effectively making each of the remaining Kusashas mortal. As one of the four active clones was just shot by McKay, I suspect the one we've seen in the window is the newly decanted replacement, who would not have had time to exit the facility yet. (Probably searching for leftover sandwiches...) That would leave three active, but no possible replacement bodies if they die. The fluxed bodies will be empty shells without consciousness in another random dimension and we will likely never see them again, unless that universe has a Kusasha who can make use of them of course!

2. Kusasha's brain is in the industrial park complex, and the satellite is one of her peripherals. In that case, Schlock has completely removed the Kusasha element from this universe, and the three remaining DoN clones should go empty. Less interesting plot-wise, but leaves the potential for a Kusasha In An Alternate Universe plotline. It's a more plausible scenario from Schlock's PoV - if I were him, I would want to flux Kusari's brain as a priority to completely neutralise the threat.

However I think for plot reasons Option 1 is the most likely. Her rebirth facility is gone so she can't afford to lose the three bodies she's left with - Schlock may feel that this will sufficiently modify her behaviour to be manageable. I further suspect that they will in fact be whittled down to one final Kusasha. Who is in love with Riff and might ultimately side with the Nifty Gang. :sasha: :riff:

(A girl can dream!!!)

Oh, and I totally agree that we are still hurtling towards a DoR outcome. Remembering there was no Sasha in the DoR... I wonder what element will avert 4U city? Hoping it's Oasis' awakening. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:28 am 
This. I completely agree with your assessment of the situation, KikiDee! Can't wait to see what happens next. :sasha:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 am 
Dunno. I think a 4U City future is off the table at this point, but DoR is still possible. They don't exactly go hand in hand.

The problem now is just what ace Schlock has up his sleeve. He has too many enemies on the station right now, and I don't think he can just flux it away without also getting himself. And right now his loyal soldiers are Frog and maybe Lunch-Guy if Schlock gets him some food.

Would Schlock just threaten indiscriminate fluxxing of Earth unless everyone surrenders?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:32 am 
OMG, Sasha is SOOOOOOO joining the gang!!!

She's not under HC control. Schlock just tried to flux her.

And, plot-wise, there is a DFA cannon (still repairing, of course) planning to wipe out all the population centres. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if SOMEBODY had some MILITARY connections....

Military Kusasha to the rescue!!!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat