Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 am 
The evil villain's overconfidence shall be his downfall.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Pete doesn't make mistakes this big...

Calling it: Multiple Schlocks. This Timeline's and the one which bounced back from the K'Z'K-destroyed timeline.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:41 am 
gregnier wrote:

Calling it: Multiple Schlocks. This Timeline's and the one which bounced back from the K'Z'K-destroyed timeline.

This timeline's Schlock was killed by Dr. Crabtree 17 years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
gregnier wrote:

Unless this Schlock used the "Kusari" technology to make more than one of himself.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am 
Chickenhead wrote:
Pied Typer wrote:
gregnier wrote:

Unless this Schlock used the "Kusari" technology to make more than one of himself.

Ehhhhh.... I dunno. I'm in the "Pete makes mistakes that big" camp. Pretty easy mistake to make if rushing - just a really unfortunately placed one in terms of fueling the spec fires. Roberts even looks like he's gesturing as one would do while talking in that panel.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm 
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=96047

Sorry; I started a spec thread about the speech bubble thing without thinking of checking here. I laid out all the possibilities I could think of.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:34 pm 
My prediction is that they will DFA (or otherwise zap, maybe even capture somehow) whatever is the third thing on the eye-in-the-sky scanner map, besides Oasis and the rebirth facility computers. See the schlock triangle spec thread for details on my theory.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm 
Somehow, I don't think that Schlock is actually going to space Roberts. He might have Roberts locked up in some secure location somewhere. I doubt that Roberts has actually outlived his usefulness. He seems sufficiently, almost moronically, loyal so eliminating him entirely seems to serve little purpose at this point.

I wonder. Is Sasha unconscious because whatever animating intelligence is behind her and Kusari can handle only 2 Kusari/Sasha units at once? Or maybe it can only simultaneously handle 2 active Sasha units and 1 Kusari unit or 2 acute Kusari units at its limit. I doubt that she is merely taking a nap.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
slightlylooney wrote:
Somehow, I don't think that Schlock is actually going to space Roberts. He might have Roberts locked up in some secure location somewhere. I doubt that Roberts has actually outlived his usefulness. He seems sufficiently, almost moronically, loyal so eliminating him entirely seems to serve little purpose at this point.

I wonder. Is Sasha unconscious because whatever animating intelligence is behind her and Kusari can handle only 2 Kusari/Sasha units at once? Or maybe it can only simultaneously handle 2 active Sasha units and 1 Kusari unit or 2 acute Kusari units at its limit. I doubt that she is merely taking a nap.

My impression is that while there can be multiple active Sashas, there can only be one active Kusari at one time. I know that doesn't make any sense seeing as Sasha IS Kusari but that's just what it looks like to me.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
Somehow, I don't think that Schlock is actually going to space Roberts. He might have Roberts locked up in some secure location somewhere. I doubt that Roberts has actually outlived his usefulness.

Spec points for you!
If we still really had spec points, that is.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:00 am 
I think "Kusari" is Oasis.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 am 
Schlock's space station has gravity?

I wouldn't have thought his tech was advanced enough for artificial gravity.

It might be spin induced centripetal force, but the floor doesn't seem to curved as it would normally be for concentric decks radiating out from axis of rotation.

Given they are right by a viewport, their feet should be pointing toward the outer hull.

Unless it's under constant acceleration, so 'down' would be aft.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:43 pm 
I think Riff will be made Hereti Corp CEO. He was shanghaied into leadership positions before, including once by 4U Shlock. And it will be interesting to see how he will sort out the Kusari situation.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 am 
Points for predicting that it spins! I'm happy to hand-wave the fact that technically it would only work at that scale by spinning so fast, looking out the window'd make you sea sick (the earth would fly by the windows about once every 30 seconds. Wee!)

Could we be seeing the beginnings of the space station from the Aylee dimension here? I recall Schlock had something to do with that. Both are inflatable tech, which is his deal. I do find it interesting that the difference between hero and villain Schlock is whether he's thwarted by an alien invasion.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:26 am 
I am calling that Dr Schlock will begin complaining that his master plan isn't as perfect as he would have liked and yet he is still pretty happy.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat