Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Yet another Sluggy dream
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Riff and Torg and a team of other people (I was kind of on the team, but more like an RTS commander) were investigating an abandoned base of an overwhelmingly powerful enemy. Suddenly we realized they were about to return, and packed up and left.

And Torg left Chaz behind.

As soon as we were safely away, he realized. But also, we had lost the coordinates to get back even if we wanted to confront them. So we began exploring...

Planets.

Selecting planets to warp to, then we'd revisit old 'missions', mostly cleared out. Send down a planet lander (like Star Control 2), but once you get there you're walking around outside in about 2003-quality 3d rendered landscape.

Riff and Torg went down to one, found a seemingly innocuous suburban neighborhood. I took close control of Torg and got sidetracked placing stones and sticks and a watermelon (!) on the sidewalk in a pattern that indicated the melody of Entertainer.

While there, I found in a garage sale my bag of weird little 'toys', like clips and funny-shaped clothespins and automotive fuses. How did I ever leave this here on this planet? Anyway, I took it and they didn't complain.

Riff came along and grabbed me and we went exploring again.

Landed on a 'planet' where the only traversable landscape was about the size of a final fantasy tactics map - land around the edge of a river as it slowed into a pool, and accepted a small tributary. And there were dangerous fish in the water. Riff tried to hunt the fish, and I poked around looking for Chaz, hoping that maybe I had left it somewhere else besides the enemy base. Instead I found a bunch of lego, which nominally was to be an X-wing fighter, but it wasn't at all accurately assembled or complete (had guns mounted around the cockpit, was missing all wings, etc).
I was about to fix it when I realized Riff was about to be mauled by the killer fish.

It was anthropomorphic, and its attack was to be so hideously ugly that you would retch; then it could crush you at its leisure. Fortunately, Riff was somewhat protected by his shades. He shot it with his laser cannon, but it was not effective against the creature's rolls of fat. This time I grabbed him back into the lander, and we escaped.

A few misclicks later, and I had accidentally switched to teleport mode, and sent Locke and Strago and a bunch of Returners into an enemy base. I only realized my mistake after they set off an alarm. Even in the dream, I was confused by the sudden genre shift from Sluggy to Final Fantasy 6. I rushed them back into the teleport room, but it was getting to be too late - several enemy grunts and a major character had arrived. Also, the Returners were running around randomly instead of getting onto the freaking teleport pad. Fortunately, Strago had Big Guard, and I had him cast that to protect the little guys. Then, Locke cast Fire3 on the major character; he retreated.

The dream ended with it seeming likely that they'd all make it back safely, but hadn't yet.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat