Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It does seem now that the Sudden Stress and Bowel Incontinence was just a machination to have Deng out of the room however in the comic it was introduced in it, to me, seemed somewhat contrived and did not flow very well. There seemed to be more at hand than what actually was at hand. I guess a whole lot of us were over thinking it. I can't help but feel that the whole Sudden Stress and Bowel Incontinence thing was supposed to be the punch line. If this is the case then I kind of expected better from Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
I thought the first panel of today's comic made it clear enough that Sasha's original plan most likely was to get Deng out of the room for long enough to pull the zombie switch ... by sending him after a printed report from accounting.

Finally, that makes sense! I still don't think driving the guy away by his own sexism somehow works as a plan. You couldn't know what kind of individual person would be sent to meet you even if the company was sexist in general, nor could you trust that his sexist reaction if he had one would send him out of the room. If the, er, the gurgle was really caused by sheer sexism, then introducing the company as so sexist before will have worked to explain it to the readers, but it would still not suffice to predict anything for the characters.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 am 
duLapel wrote:
[list]The most recent example is Jr. Executive Deng's gastric upset caused by Sasha projecting a strong female executive persona... It is hard for me to believe that the commenters in the Reactions Forum have live such sheltered lives that they haven't met people that get a little ill when their world view is seriously challenged...

Yeah, that must be it. We in the Reactions forum have just been leading too-sheltered lives, and that is why we didn't interpret the gurgling sound in the same way you do. Clearly when people meet someone with different opinions, which almost NEVER happens, you are so shocked that your stomach starts gurgling. That is just science fact, Fighter!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat