Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: New megatomes?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:15 pm 
I don't think this has been asked for a while, soooo...

I've finally decided I cannot live without Sluggy Megatomes any longer. I couldn't justify buying $75 of comic books for myself, so I sent the links to my wife (who is always searching for Christmas gifts for her hard-to-buy-for hubbie).

But there are only two Megatomes. What will I tell her next Christmas?? I strongly prefer the Megatome format to the individual books, and even the individual books haven't been updated in 6 years. Any rumors of new books, and especially new Megatomes?? Pete, I know you've got a day job drawing some comic strip or something, but geeze...

Post subject: Re: New megatomes?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 am 
I second that request!

I love Sluggy (I'm a DOTN), and I have Hardcover Megatomes 1 & 2, plus books 7,8 & 9 (wich I want to give to a friend as soon as I get MT3).
I can't believe the enormous difference between available material and published material. There is enough already for at least 10 Megatomes.
Pete, don't you like our money? :kiki:

I undestand that Pete can't publish them all at once, especially since he delivers extra content in every book. Also, this must be done gradually to guarantee an income over the next years.
I think that Pete should put his effort in publishing a Megatome every 6 months (2 tomes a year seems possible). I also think this is important enough to take a month off the strip before each Megatome.

That way, he can guarantee a constant income, and we get guaranteed that most of the comic will be published in print. Not that I have anything against reading online, I just prefer the books.

Post subject: Re: New megatomes?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
If you want to let Pete know this, you should send him email. He doesn't read this forum, y'know, so he'll never see your posts. (I think the email-to-Pete form works now...)

--tll

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat