Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 am 
Poing wrote:
I'm honestly surprised no one seems to have commented on this yet. (Have I overlooked related posts? I know similar spec has been discussed previously.)

Does the background image in today's strip bear a striking resemblance to K'Z'K's symbol to anyone else? :kzk:

same here. i had to go digging to find the symbol again to check it. (3 bolts on the old 3 sections of arc on the new symbol, the outside arc on both and a hollow circle instead of full circle on the new on)

different enough it could just be coincidence, but im not just going to discard this idea.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 am 
AOL: SpiderHunterA
Where DID you find a symbol? I could think of four or five places it MIGHT have turned up, but my sifting through the archives turned up diddly, save for the simplified, cartoony version.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm 
Here is a nifty place for Kizke symbols http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/080301. What makes it nifty is that is has links on the bottom that leads to yet more Kizke symbols.

Congrats to Yodimus for being spot on about the 4u

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm 
ZeeWulf wrote:
I have to be. It must be wishful thinking. But Maybe, Just MAYBE I'm seeing something special here:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090822

Alright, so, we've got our creepy paradise patrol logo, and that cloudy rain background.
Take a good look at the top half of the logo. The serif-point on the top left arm of the logo looks to be crossing over an eye. The curved right-upper arm looks to be positioned directly below another. Between the two top arms there looks to be a possible nose. The curved-arm on the left side looks to have hair above it, and below it, between the upper left and lower left arms you've got what looks like a shoulder.

And all of it looks like it could come together to form Zoe's face.

Maybe, just maybe I'm suffering of wishful thinking.
But maybe I AM seeing something.

Sorry for maybe beating a dead horse but I have to agree with ZeeWulf. Zoe's ghost face is right above the upper right bracket of the 4U symbol. She's 3/4 profile facing left and looking up.

Also there's a woman sitting on the bottom left with a slender neck and a loop earring, wearing a scarf or a bathrobe.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Pareidolia, anyone?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 am 
Quote:
Sorry for maybe beating a dead horse but I have to agree with ZeeWulf. Zoe's ghost face is right above the upper right bracket of the 4U symbol. She's 3/4 profile facing left and looking up.

Also there's a woman sitting on the bottom left with a slender neck and a loop earring, wearing a scarf or a bathrobe.
I don't know, I'm not seeing it. Maybe a red circle for clarification?

Anyway, today's comic has some text next to the U's. It's barely legible, but can we try to figure it out?

I can see the upper left U stands for Utopia. The lower right is Unified. Upper right might be Universal? Or Universe? Probably Universal. And lower left, which should be the easiest to read, I think sort of looks something like Ubiquitous? Agree?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 am 
AOL: SpiderHunterA
I can also see the eyes, in a Roscarch-blot sort of way.

It is a striking coincidence, but I think that's all it is.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 pm 
unseen wombat wrote:
I can see the upper left U stands for Utopia. The lower right is Unified. Upper right might be Universal? Or Universe? Probably Universal. And lower left, which should be the easiest to read, I think sort of looks something like Ubiquitous? Agree?

I agree. "Universal Unified Ubiquitous Utopia" seems to be the meaning behind "4U".

Last edited by Thom Solo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:15 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
[quote="unseen wombatI can see the upper left U stands for Utopia. The lower right is Unified. Upper right might be Universal? Or Universe? Probably Universal. And lower left, which should be the easiest to read, I think sort of looks something like Ubiquitous? Agree?

I agree. "Universal Unified Ubiquitous Utopia" seems to be the meaning behind "4U".[/quote]

Universal=present everywhere
Unified=to make or become a single unit
Ubiquitous= existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered
Utopia= a place of ideal perfection especially in laws, government, and social conditions

Combine all that with the 4U symbol which forms an eye in the middle. giving you an all seeing all knowing government that is everywhere even inside you (bio-chip and nanites)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:55 pm 
Earlier today I was doing an archive crawl and came across something. when you rotate the HC logo 90 degrees, you get this http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/archnemesis_goldenhair/4U.jpg
A large U with a four on its side, am I seeing things?, or have I found Pete's Muse?

If this the inspiration for this drugged world, my mind boggles at the thought of Herreti Corp in charge.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:07 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nice catch... I'd like to just say coincidence, because I don't see hC as our probable villain in this world. But it does LOOK like U4.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat