Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:02 pm 
He probably just introduced print advertising.

Stuff like "buy my thing!" is probably communicated just by wanting it enough, since other folks can see it in your anima.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 pm 
GlyphGryph wrote:
He probably just introduced print advertising.

Stuff like "buy my thing!" is probably communicated just by wanting it enough, since other folks can see it in your anima.

I'm sure marketplaces and such over time had signs or symbols announcing their wares, but maybe Torg is the first to bring this kind of exaggerating advertising.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:15 am 
I don't know how being a mime plays into all this, but given that Torg has seemed to have chugged the kool-aide when it comes to this world, it gives me some thoughts on what his plan is. I suspect he isn't splicing his Anima for pure cosmetic reasons, but instead specifically because it has two heads - ie forced mitosis. Slice off a head and you have a free Anima, which is arguably a complete entity. And then the DFA: if Torg could find a way to introduce Anima into the DoN, would he? More importantly, if it's really their Animas that are holding them back from returning, would the others consider the argument of turning the DoN into a second DoA as a possible solution for getting home?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 pm 
Seems to me like Psionic powers could be utilized to clear the air of psionic powers for a DFA jump home. Whether or not they can do that in this time era remains a mystery though.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:25 am 
After September 10th ride have emotions on Torg's face, I'm with Zoe that he is hiding something, but I am not convinced that his intent is to make the ultimate Trevor.

I think he must be investigating something, but why can't he tell her?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
After September 10th ride have emotions on Torg's face, I'm with Zoe that he is hiding something, but I am not convinced that his intent is to make the ultimate Trevor.

I think he must be investigating something, but why can't he tell her?

Dirty cops? Knowing would put her in danger?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:37 am 
I'm wondering if the person at the top in today's strip is related to Shankcraft and Daiyu in some way. We haven't gotten any other references to a person in n charge that would give Torg suspicions....

On another topic, it may be just wishful thinking, but perhaps Torg and Zoe are only feigning their separation.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:31 pm 
"Dastarde" sounds dastardly. Or should I say devilish. Or should I say ... bedeviled!

His business is no doubt related to either hiding the bedeviled animas or getting rid of them this way.

It is also possible that the bedeviled are in fact not what they seem. There must be some explanation to this condition.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:33 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
I'm wondering if the person at the top in today's strip is related to Shankcraft and Daiyu in some way. We haven't gotten any other references to a person in n charge that would give Torg suspicions....

We have a winner!

randomlanguage wrote:
On another topic, it may be just wishful thinking, but perhaps Torg and Zoe are only feigning their separation.

...but you couldn't leave well enough alone.... ;-)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am 
Five thousand years and the shoulder-tentacles breed true. Dastarde's anima is probably microscopic and bright red.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:54 am 
maybe dastarde's office is built in a way that blocks the psionic link between person and anima, or influences it in some way. this might be the key for riff to get the gang home. no psionic interference means the dfa won't malfunction.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:45 am 
praisethesun wrote:
maybe dastarde's office is built in a way that blocks the psionic link between person and anima, or influences it in some way. this might be the key for riff to get the gang home. no psionic interference means the dfa won't malfunction.

That would be awfully convenient!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:06 am 
Spirantz wrote:

That would be awfully convenient!

yup, but i was wrong. oh well.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:55 am 
So it turns out that Dr Dastarde isn't bedeviled, and is anema isn't enhanced. It's hard to believe he's not hiding something with all of this setup. But people don't have to be evil for well-intentioned actions to have unintended consequences. And good intentions doesn't mean those intentions are "right."

Unrelated, I'm currently rereading the "6 months later" chapter. Here is an off the wall and unlikely spec, but prompted by that rereading. Once, Zoe thinks Torg is indirectly proposing. What if he's brought her here to this romantic top floor to do that? There might not be more than speck of possibility in this speculation, but it popped into my head so I thought I'd add it to the conversation.

We still don't know the significance of the tentacles (why was it important that he met up with Gwynn to figure it out?) Whatever is going on, we have to know soon! Zoe doesn't have much patience left!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Unrelated, I'm currently rereading the "6 months later" chapter. Here is an off the wall and unlikely spec, but prompted by that rereading. Once, Zoe thinks Torg is indirectly proposing. What if he's brought her here to this romantic top floor to do that? There might not be more than speck of possibility in this speculation, but it popped into my head so I thought I'd add it to the conversation.

I think Torg could have come up with a better way to get her to the top floor to propose, if that was the case. lol

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat