Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:06 pm 
inflatable + sharp toe nail = *pop*

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:23 pm 
tohlan wrote:
inflatable + sharp toe nail = *pop*

I thought exactly the same!!!

Then maybe we'll get to see Chaz in Anima-Land.

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:20 pm 
StatisticMan wrote:
Hi Swmartian, your post was more about "Is Frog evil" and "Is/becomes Biyu evil" but not so much about "Causes evilness a red anima?".

True that. However, if we might understand what "bedevil" really means, then it may become more clear why some "evil" folks are not 'bedeviled'. And part of that may be figuring out what "evil" really means. Frog is an interesting example... But I'm not sure how useful it would be to continue to debate specifics. I will concede all of your responses - however, I'm not sure that your examples mean that either Shankraft or Frog are inherently evil.

Torg tends to believe in the innate goodness in (most) living creatures. That trust and belief in someone can successfully turn a "monster" (e.g., Aylee & Mosp) into something "good". That which can be redeemed. And yet, his trust and belief only go so far - he knows that is not a universal truth. I'm leaning towards the theory that red anima = not redeemable, rather than simply "evil" (which, in the context in which we have been debating, can be a circumstantial trait, rather than an inherent one).

The fact that Frog, Shankraft, & Daiyu all have blue animas from Zoë's perspective suggest that 'bedevil' has nothing to do with past actions, but rather potential for (at the very least) going along to get along - i.e., be on good behavior in order to survive in this dimension. At least for now. The question is, Is that sufficient?

E.g., Shankraft seemed to have change once he fell in love with Daiyu. hC is responsible for Biyu's injuries, and also made it clear that he and Biyu were "expendable". Whereas Torg et al., saw fit to rescue them in spite of them being the enemy. Those actions tapped into Shankraft's innate goodness, and I think that despite whatever his past intentions may have been, he is fine being a (good) contributor to society now. Whether that behavior will last if Biyu dies or mutates beyond recognition is anyone's guess...

If, in fact, a red anima does simply means "evil", then (learned) bad behavior in the past apparently does not necessarily make a person evil. Evil would appear, then, to have a much deeper and darker meaning - or it infers "born that way". Either way, though, I think those meanings again lean to "that which cannot be redeemed".

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:57 am 
I don't know how the red anime fits in, but if there is anybody with a personality type to have an anime that can beat up other anime it's Gwynn.

I expect to see an awesome anime fight.

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 pm 
ramoss wrote:
I don't know how the red anime fits in, but if there is anybody with a personality type to have an anime that can beat up other anime it's Gwynn.

Since Gwynn's anima is a cat, I expect it to dodge when the Sorceress' anima comes in kicking, and then proceed to shred Kicky-Gumby. ;)

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
ramoss wrote:

Since Gwynn's anima is a cat, I expect it to dodge when the Sorceress' anima comes in kicking, and then proceed to shred Kicky-Gumby. ;)

Modification:. The cat dodges, and Gwynn comes in with the fork.

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:36 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
ramoss wrote:

Modification:. The cat dodges, and Gwynn comes in with the fork.

Ah, yes. This does seem more likely. :gwynn:

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:09 pm 
We so need "like" buttons for this forum.

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:30 am 
I wonder about Zoё. How would she and her Anima react when witch's Anima tries to kick her Anima?

1) Kick would faze through her Emoji Anima.
2) Her Emoji Anima is like a solid rock, unaffected by kick, witch's Anima hurts it's feet (and possibly starts to melt).
3) Her Emoji Anima would start to melt, but Zoe would be unaffected. After a while Emoji would pop back in.
4) Her Emoji Anima would e͔̪͘a͇͚͖ṭ̰̼͎̮̙̰ witch's Anima.
5) It would affect Zoё, but only with 5% of the power.
6) It would affect Zoё, but only her body. Her consciousness would be awake through the whole experience.

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:49 pm 
7) She gets zombified, just like anyone else.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:08 am 
8) Zoe and her anima correctly recognize the witch's anima as corrupted, so the kick is easily avoided.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The last panel in the strip where the Witch and Riff fall into the river, it seems like Pete went out of his way to make sure that we knew that happened. I think we will find that the Witch will look different when she gets out of the river because she is wearing a disguise.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:35 am 
Zillatain wrote:
The last panel in the strip where the Witch and Riff fall into the river, it seems like Pete went out of his way to make sure that we knew that happened. I think we will find that the Witch will look different when she gets out of the river because she is wearing a disguise.

Interesting.
I think she'll look different because she's wet and vain. But then again, she could be an old crone in disguise. That'd be funny, but only after becoming Riff's latest gf.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:10 am 
Random off-the-wall speculation: This universe is even tinier than the Punyverse, everyone's the size of a small insect, and the giant king-monster is really just an ordinary sparrow.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:32 pm 
I don't think that we're going to see anything "unusal" re: Chaz here. Chaz is supposed to be a special sword even when it is not awake and "magical". However, Torg is up on the creature's head right now. To do any damage he would have to cut through skull, and I'm not clear that Chaz is up to that unless he's powered up. I would have thought that Torg had a better shot at killing the creature by slitting its throat when he was by the ballista arrow sticking out of the creature's throat. I wonder if Chaz has an anima when he's 'awake'?

That being said, I suspect that one of two things will happen.

1. Either we are not yet through with the slapstick and something else will occur to jostle Torg, possibly even causing him to drop Chaz. If this possibility occurs - will someone else (sorceress?) pick him up?

2. Or Torg will slay the monster, putting it out of its misery and piquing the interest of the sorceress - causing her to try to form an alliance, at the same time that the King shows up to try to recruit Torg and Riff as his personal monster slayers. Power struggle commences - and perhaps we find out that the sorceress is not evil...?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat