Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
You know, if BunBun DOES kill Oasis, it's not the worst thing. She will just wake up back on Earth. Yeah, she is no longer where she can help the crew in space, and that would be really inconvenient, but she won't be gone permanently. But BunBun doesn't know that.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:34 pm 
kromiller wrote:
You know, if BunBun DOES kill Oasis, it's not the worst thing. She will just wake up back on Earth. Yeah, she is no longer where she can help the crew in space, and that would be really inconvenient, but she won't be gone permanently. But BunBun doesn't know that.

I was thinking about your post in Reactions, and I my thoughts initially were what you just said here. BUT... We know from the discussions between Gwynn and Schlock that magic apparently doesn't work in space. Yet, two Kusari/Sasha rebirths were triggered when two of the clones were killed in space. That infers that the rebirth cycle is not magic, but somehow triggered by satellite command. The Oasis satellite is currently in Schlock's station. They notably have disconnected her ability to set things on fire. Why wouldn't they also have disconnected the rebirth command? It potentially could be too complicated - except that they know how it works on the Kusari satellite. You would think that it would be the same or similar set up.

I guess one question would be whether the rebirth MUST happen simultaneously with death of the organic. But I don't see any coherent reason that must be so. They could disconnect that function now, until they have total control over Oasis (and if the current organic dies in the meantime, so be it), and then reconnect the rebirth function at a later time - when they can ensure that she will be reborn as Harbinger... I dunno, that seems to make the most sense to me.

So I have a feeling that Pete will just sidestep all of that, and keep the current organic version alive - for now. My guess is that she will show no interest in fighting Bun-Bun at this time, and without the challenge, simple revenge (or even his word) will not be sufficient for Fuzbutt to put an end to her - after all, the Bunny knows on some level that his (and the gang's) survival means getting back to Earth and he will figure out soon enough that Oasis can help with that - he can always kill her later.

A much more interesting dilemma that will happen sooner or later is what will happen when Oasis and Zoë meet...?

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm 
swmartian wrote:
A much more interesting dilemma that will happen sooner or later is what will happen when Oasis and Zoë meet...?

I figure there will be awkward silence followed by a heartfelt apology from Oasis, then Zoë warily confirming that Oasis is sane and non-hostile, followed by Zoë clobbering Oasis and walking away saying, "Apology accepted." She may or may not be smiling innocently.

Oasis will be floored but conscious, but agree that she deserved that.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 pm 
I have a feeling we'll jump to Torg's perspective after this.

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 am 
I thought Riff would have been the one to do the fast talking, but he was probably too stunned at first and too aware of exactly what Bunbun can do. At this point, Bunbun has to ease up for the moment, or we're going nowhere.

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 pm 
Longer term spec:
Revenge delayed for now, Bun-Bun waits until they are all safely back on Earth. They will return close to where they took off - near the rebirth facility. Bun-Bun will attack (possibly while they are in a situation which renders the gang not quite safe yet) and after another epic Bun-Bun vs. Oasis fight he will succeed in killing her. Seconds later* she will cheerfully appear and say "Hi Bun-Bun! Want to fight some more?" (or something to that effect). Bun-Bun will either express the same kind of somewhat contained annoyance that he did when he was stuck with a karaoke-singing groundhog's shadow that he could neither fight nor detach from, or he'll simply shrug and say "Nah, we're good now."

*Knowing Pete, there will be some kind of hint that the rebirth mechanism no longer works and this 'seconds later' will be delayed by a slow death scene with Torg grieving what they all assume will be a permanent loss. Because we must have a cliff-hanger or two within this scene.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat