Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I think Zoë is going to get Fluxed. Torg (TWR), Riff (4U City) and Gwynn (Mohkadun) have all had epic solo adventures, and now I think it's time for Zoë to have hers. You could maybe argue 28 Geeks Later was hers, but that story was no where near the scale of the others so I don't think it counts. I could be wrong that now is the time for her epic solo, but I firmly believe she will have one before The Comic ends.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
I think Zoë is going to get Fluxed. Torg (TWR), Riff (4U City) and Gwynn (Mohkadun) have all had epic solo adventures, and now I think it's time for Zoë to have hers. You could maybe argue 28 Geeks Later was hers, but that story was no where near the scale of the others so I don't think it counts. I could be wrong that now is the time for her epic solo, but I firmly believe she will have one before The Comic ends.

I would support this. How she would get separated from Gwynn is a question though. I guess there are plenty of plausible ways...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 am 
I dunno. I don't think Pete would flux her again. And technically, the big Oasis stories also focused heavily on her.

Plus, it'd also include another story of Torg going crazy trying to get her back. We've seen that already.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 am 
kromiller wrote:
Do Zoe and Gywnn even know who Roberts is? I don't think they do. Would they bother to pick him up in space just because he is floating by? I doubt it?

Gwynn might from her time at AyleeOrgNet. I don't know if there's any evidence of that though and it's probably unlikely.

There have definitely been Zoe-centric stories. If we're going to focus solely on the issue of fluxing, then Gwynn has been more left out than Zoe. I don't think Gwynn was ever fluxed, except maybe in one of the bonus comics? Still, it's true that Zoe-centric stories were earlier and tended not to be of the scope and scale of Mohkadun, 4U City, That Which Redeems, or Oceans Unmoving (yes even Bun-Bun has gotten a bigger arc than Zoe, although he arguably wasn't really the central figure of that arc). We may be due for a Zoe-centric arc, but it would probably be more of a Stormbreaker thing than a fluxing arc.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 am 
Dodger77 wrote:

Kiki is going to get fluxed so hard, she's going to pop up outside of Prozoato and Kozoaku's array of parallel realms, with another pantheon altogether. Cue epic adventure.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am 
I'd say Mohkadun was Gwynn's version of a solo story, if we want to lump time travel in with fluxxing. In the current situation though, you can't flux Zoe without fluxing the whole ship, so that's pretty much out. Maybe you could pull a thing where Riff protectively fluxes them to avoid a random-flux encounter? There's no clear access to another DFA right now, but at least that'd avoid repeating the same problem twice, and let the ensuing story focus on the weird dimension rather than how the gang gets her/them back.

I do feel like at least one more dimension hop is necessary. The current storyline is too heavily linked to DoR in the way its unravelling, and it would make sense to get a second opinion, if you will. An alternate way things could play out, maybe showing how things can go terribly wrong if the gang wins?

In any case, I'm predicting that the current Schlock we're seeing has been an inflatable double this whole time. There's no way in hell Schlock would stand in front of a ninja robot clone assassin unprotected and just start insulting her. And his doubles have gotten pretty sophisticated.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:09 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I dunno. I don't think Pete would flux her again. And technically, the big Oasis stories also focused heavily on her.

Plus, it'd also include another story of Torg going crazy trying to get her back. We've seen that already.

That is pretty true. Fire and Rain and the Stormbreaker Saga both focused on her a lot and gave her space for independent development. But they were both long ago, and short by current standards (although slightly shorter arcs than we have now might not be a bad thing imo). And if she got fluxed again Torg would almost certainly freak out again like in the whole minion master arc, which I doubt Pete will do again.

Maybe Torg and most of the gang will get fluxed, and it will be up to Zoe (probably with Gwynn for part of the time) to get them back.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm 
In the mean time.

We have now established that Kusari is a satellite.

We have an 'unknown' ship/satellite/ufo in the area.

We have fido getting launched by Zoe to provide a big explosion.

What would be the chances of an explosion hitting the Kusari satellite at a very intense moment?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:03 pm 
We already knew that the seat of Kusari's intelligence is a satellite (with a crappy AOL link); because Schlock explained that to Torg when the O.A.S.I.S satellite was revealed.

The 'unknown' ship is only unknown from Izzy's perspective. It's the Mater-1 carrying the O.A.S.I.S satellite back to the station. You can see its track out and back on Izzy's plot.

I suspect F.I.D.O will behave in some bizarre unexpected fashion ('It's a feature') that may well be explosive - it was built by Riff after all . However we have no idea where the Kusari satellite is, it could be in a completely different orbit. Given Schlock's comment to the effect that anyone could see it, it's probably nowhere near the station.

There's a couple of other factors to consider.
- Whether Torg is successful in neutralising York

- Schlock's original comment a while back that 'both Mater shuttles are equipped with two EVA suits and PIK rifles'. Mater-1 may be still a threat and we don't know where Mater-2 is (presumably at the station)

- The station is equipped with a 'Dire-REA' space capable battle mech. The question would be what kind of range and speed it has.

ramoss wrote:
In the mean time.

We have now established that Kusari is a satellite.

We have an 'unknown' ship/satellite/ufo in the area.

We have fido getting launched by Zoe to provide a big explosion.

What would be the chances of an explosion hitting the Kusari satellite at a very intense moment?

Last edited by erewhon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 am 
I don't think FIDO will hit the Kusari satellite.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

That is pretty true. Fire and Rain and the Stormbreaker Saga both focused on her a lot and gave her space for independent development. But they were both long ago, and short by current standards (although slightly shorter arcs than we have now might not be a bad thing imo). And if she got fluxed again Torg would almost certainly freak out again like in the whole minion master arc, which I doubt Pete will do again.

Maybe Torg and most of the gang will get fluxed, and it will be up to Zoe (probably with Gwynn for part of the time) to get them back.

I have the feeling whatever happens, Torg and Zoe end up in the same universe. But I definitely can't see a situation where Torg and co. get fluxed and Zoe and Gwynn have any sort of capability to do anything to get them back, as it would mean Schlock won and 4U City rose.

Unless Gwynn unleashes a major magical ass whuppin on Schlock. Which she currently seems reluctant to do.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pm 
Freecain wrote:
The financial ruin of Hereti Corp is putting Dr. Schlocks ownership in question, giving her more flexibility.

Well - Looks I called at least one thing!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:32 am 
Whatever happens, with a couple notable exceptions, it's sure gonna be interesting!
Hard to believe, as interesting as it's being/getting, that this the whole Sluggy-verse winding down! More like it's picking up. And I love it.
Unless Pete's heading to a climax no-one could foresee, which is very Pete-ish of him.

I have a sudden foreboding of a stick figure week. I hope Pete isn't over extending himself!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am 
I think her next action will come down to what she views as "Hereti Corp evidence" that must be destroyed. I'm guessing she won't include the clones of herself...so maybe the destruction will be limited to anything with the hC logo or anyone who works here.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:58 pm 
:sasha: My speculation would be that a second Kusari will awaken on the station, with one of the Kusari clones in the rebirth facility going into "sleep" mode. We know that only three Kusari's can be active at a time, but we don't know if there is a limit on the number that can be in "sleep" mode at any given time. It would be reasonable for Schlock to want to have spares on board the station since losing the Kusari on the station would leave him without protection otherwise. Multiple clones would also allow Schlock to send them on suicide missions.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat