Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 pm 
ramoss wrote:
I am wondering about the interaction between Chaz and both Oasis and the 3 Sashas.

If he was activated by their innocent blood, and hit one of them, would he destroy their intellect/sapanince, which is NOT alive, since it's only a computer program (as far as we know) ...

We don't really 'know' that. The intelligence in the satellites may well be an encapsulated human brain, electronically augmented. Perhaps the 'original' Oasis and Kusari

Remember Torg expressed doubts to Chen back at the rebirth center that computer tech of Steve's time was advanced enough for such a sophisticated AI.

Granted there are other extremely advanced components in the O.A.S.I.S. satellite, but as Schlock said some of those may be stolen or otherwise obtained alien or future tech and Daedelus doesn't appear to have had access to the more advanced stuff , yet even Kusari has been a pretty sophisticated AI personality in her own right.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm 
Ok I just had a radical thought. I know I may be way out in the tall grass with this.

What if there were once two sisters. One was killed but her DNA was used to create the O.A.S.I.S project and another grew up and joined Hereti Corp as an agent. Then this second sister volunteered for the Kusari project. The second sister however did not die and remained an agent of Hereti Corp. She is then sent in as undercover agent to deliver packages to Riff and infiltrate Riff and Torg and company.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 pm 
My guess about Chaz vs Kusasha is that when Chaz kills a Kusari incarnation, that consciousness won't reload into a new body, but will just be gone.

Over the course of the fight and/or the current arc in general, I'm guessing two of the Kusaris will be culled, leaving just the one left.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:30 am 
Or a result of being beaten into submission by whatever force makes them obey. They've simply given up fighting it.

I think the main difference is their memories don't reset to a default state like Oasis's do, possibly because there's more than one of them. Wonder what would happen if all three conscious Kusarii were dead at the same time.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I think the main difference is their memories don't reset to a default state like Oasis's do, possibly because there's more than one of them. Wonder what would happen if all three conscious Kusarii were dead at the same time.

Good question! It seemed like they could "transfer" voluntarily, so even in a situation where all three were about to die, if at least one saw it coming, they could switch bodies instantly.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
My guess about Chaz vs Kusasha is that when Chaz kills a Kusari incarnation, that consciousness won't reload into a new body, but will just be gone.

Over the course of the fight and/or the current arc in general, I'm guessing two of the Kusaris will be culled, leaving just the one left.

If the two Kusaris in the shuttle are killed there will still be at least two left.

The one in Irving's space station and the soldier back down at the U.S. Army launch site they took off from.

But yes, I had wondered what happens when Chaz kills part of a shared conciousness.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 pm 
The one on the ground is deactivated, isn't it? There are only three consciousnesses active at any given time. If Chaz kills their consciousnesses as I posited (which would more fit his bit of "magically killing anything that can be killed" abilities), rather than simply their bodies, then killing two active Kusaris would leave just the one left.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 am 
There is sort of precedent for it too, when Chaz killed Agent Shadow.

But I'm not entirely sure Kusari works exactly the same way.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 am 
From the reactions:
Dodger77 wrote:
I thought the Kusashi's would put up a better fight than that to be honest. Maybe Oasis' gymnastics training is somehow an advantage over Kusari's (Ninja?) training.

It's possible that that they didn't want to put up a better fight. She had an order to kill Riff, but we know she was trying not to. If these 2 of her were dead, then she could continue to avoid that order, at least for a little longer.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:04 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
From the reactions:
Dodger77 wrote:
I thought the Kusashi's would put up a better fight than that to be honest. Maybe Oasis' gymnastics training is somehow an advantage over Kusari's (Ninja?) training.

It's possible that that they didn't want to put up a better fight. She had an order to kill Riff, but we know she was trying not to. If these 2 of her were dead, then she could continue to avoid that order, at least for a little longer.

I suspect that Kusari would "pull her punches" if she had been fighting Torg, Riff or any other member of the gang.

Oasis is a very different story. A great deal of sibling rivalry has been implied by past strips. Kusari always had a need to express her superiority over Oasis whenever a comparison has been made. This means that she would go "all out" against Oasis in any sort of fight; her claims of superiority have rung hollow in the past and she needs to actually prove herself superior.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
I suspect that Kusari would "pull her punches" if she had been fighting Torg, Riff or any other member of the gang.

Oasis is a very different story. A great deal of sibling rivalry has been implied by past strips. Kusari always had a need to express her superiority over Oasis whenever a comparison has been made. This means that she would go "all out" against Oasis in any sort of fight; her claims of superiority have rung hollow in the past and she needs to actually prove herself superior.

You're right about that...maybe it's simply that gymnasts have advantage over ninjas in zero-G.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 am 
It kind of adds to the tragedy of the whole thing. Both Kusari and Oasis have to, are fully willing to, and ultimately did fight to the death over something that neither of them actually wanted to happen - not just because of orders in Kusari's case, though that's certainly part of it, but because she just can't personally bring herself not to.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am 
I see that the Kusari on the space station is awake now. I wonder if she has the memories of those from the Musky 5, and how she feels about everything. If she is harboring animosity towards Oasis...if she still wants to protect Riff...if she is resentful towards Schlock in any way. I am wondering what will happen with her. Maybe there is still hope for her/Sasha.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 am 
Given her recent actions, I wonder... we've gotten a lot of emphasis put on Oasis' "awakening" in these last few weeks, but what if Kusari is also - more slowly - going through one of her own. Which is to say, that the slow but steady personality evolution she's been going through this entire arc has, in the last couple of weeks, suddenly shifted into overdrive the same way Oasis' did upon seeing the satellite, but we weren't made privy to it.

Twisting her orders so as to not kill Riff, while still dutifully following everything else to the letter, is one thing. Setting Roberts up to die without explicit reason or an order to twist in the first place is another. She's definitely going off the rails.

I can't think of any specific event that could have caused it, though. Maybe instead of making her hyper-die, getting stabbed by Chaz had a strange effect on her. Or maybe she's literally going through what Oasis did, but slower.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:41 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Yeah I'm not convinced it's because of Riff either. I think there's something else going on. (I mainly disregard the Riff theory because of the Senate Aid she was married to until not too long ago and she left him without a second thought. She clearly feigns falling in love with people on a regular basis as part of her job)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat