Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:16 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
In honor of Torg having his brain go through a blender, we will be renaming today to Torgsday.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:12 am 
I wonder how she'd react to a "no" -- or what he's actually promising when he answers

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:40 am 
I'm just so happy Torg's bones are better! Things are ominous, but things are also hopeful! Torg looks like he is slipping into his strategic planning mode. We'll see!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:57 am 
So that's the twist. I expect a lot of people won't get it even though it was explained pretty explicitly - the difficulty in writing stuff like this.

I did faintly wonder about the "muse" from the beginning. A muse kind of tells you what to do, and gods don't go for that sort of thing. My first guess was that Maya was a cult leader and referring to herself because she'd really made it all up, but it would still have been weird.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 am 
Now, which of the gang would make for the most interesting/amusing/annoying muse? Hmm...

Since all that has 'happened' since they showed up in this time was a hallucination ... I think that means Sticky Kiki is still stuck to Riff's shirt. Yay!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 am 
OK, now I finally understand the previous page.

Not only does Troloria have Biyu-like shoulder tentacles, but the outgrowths on her head resemble what Daebo and the Ohia bird had. It doesn't have to mean that she has genes from their kind, as I'm guessing that Troloria can change her appearance at will.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am 
So that explains why they went from a fairly futuristic world (the beach) back to an agrarian society -- it was all a dream. (Where's Bobby?) Farmer Dillicutty &etc never existed, Maya was never preachergal, Torg never painted an "empowered" Maya, there were no Troloria's Ogo-Dancers, and Cupidine is no more. **IF** Troloria is telilng the truth...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:37 am 
garyfritz wrote:
**IF** Troloria is telilng the truth...

The best deceptions are partial truths. No spec, just sayin'

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:59 am 
Jochi wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
**IF** Troloria is telilng the truth...

The best deceptions are partial truths. No spec, just sayin'

She has already read his thoughts and experiences. She's already inspired. Torg has already been an unwitting Muse.

Now I'm hearing "sign my contract based on undefined terminology and job description". Let's see if those come...maybe it's well meaning.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:45 pm 
In panel 3 it looks like a bombed-out dystopia. If Troloria is so all-powerful, why hasn't she done anything to clean up the place? Sounds like she hasn't had much to do for the last 2000 years. She apparently didn't make any effort to resurrect the victims of Cupidine and her ilk.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:53 pm 
Who’s to say she didn’t try?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 pm 
I'm not sure I trust anything she says.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
In panel 3 it looks like a bombed-out dystopia. If Troloria is so all-powerful, why hasn't she done anything to clean up the place? Sounds like she hasn't had much to do for the last 2000 years. She apparently didn't make any effort to resurrect the victims of Cupidine and her ilk.

I don't clean when I'm depressed, either.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:45 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
So that explains why they went from a fairly futuristic world (the beach) back to an agrarian society -- it was all a dream. (Where's Bobby?) Farmer Dillicutty &etc never existed, Maya was never preachergal, Torg never painted an "empowered" Maya, there were no Troloria's Ogo-Dancers, and Cupidine is no more. **IF** Troloria is telilng the truth...

The "futuristic world" was ALSO an illusion by Troloria. Or at least Cupidine was.

garyfritz wrote:

She's powerful, but resurrection might be beyond her ability. If she's the only person left in the world, attempting to fix everything to give the appearance of normalcy is probably an indication of insanity in itself. Besides, if she can create perfect illusions with a thought it's not really necessary to mess with the real thing anyway.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:41 am 
riff WAS right. gwynn's blue cakes do taste like b.s. :)

if there are no people left and she has been alone for 2 thousand years, what animas are left for her to do anything to/with (present company excluded)?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions