Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
So that explains why they went from a fairly futuristic world (the beach) back to an agrarian society -- it was all a dream. (Where's Bobby?) Farmer Dillicutty &etc never existed, Maya was never preachergal, Torg never painted an "empowered" Maya, there were no Troloria's Ogo-Dancers, and Cupidine is no more. **IF** Troloria is telilng the truth...

The "futuristic world" was ALSO an illusion by Troloria. Or at least Cupidine was.

On the contrary, Troloria said "when Cupidine arrived" she killed her. As in when they fluxed Cupidine from the futuristic world further into the future where Troloria is the only one left. Then she says "when you arrived." That's because they fluxed to approximately the same time, but some hours after they fluxed Cupidine. Cupidine was only an illusion in the agrarian world, not the futuristic world. I can't even make sense out of what you think happened. How did Torg become "broken" if Cupidine wasn't real? You think Troloria did it while making an illusion of Cupidine and then later decided she wanted Torg to be her muse so he should be "unbroken"?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
The "futuristic world" was ALSO an illusion by Troloria. Or at least Cupidine was.

Do we know that? They encountered Cupidine there, she broke all Torg's bones, etc. But if Troloria can (and does) implant memories like that, they can't trust ANYthing they remember. Maybe Beachworld WAS an implanted memory. Hell the roller-skating dinosaur, the Cow-Woman sorceress, the natives on the island, it could ALL be implanted. For that matter they can't even trust their memories of home.

Gets mighty messy when any of your memories might have been changed...

tube_rat wrote:
riff WAS right. gwynn's blue cakes do taste like b.s. :)

Was Riff right? Or did Torg just have a memory of Riff saying that? Was Riff's awareness involved in creating that memory, or was it all implanted into Torg and Riff wasn't in the picture?

Quote:
if there are no people left and she has been alone for 2 thousand years, what animas are left for her to do anything to/with (present company excluded)?

She didn't say no people. She said she was the last of HER KIND, by which I assumed she meant demigod anima-collectors. Maybe there are still normal mortals, but none of her peers.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:

The way the last few strips read, Cupidine's world was still real, and they are now right after the jump away from the two looming anima-clouds.

Remember, it was Cupidine that injured Torg (based on what we've seen so far), so that he needed to be "unbroken" by Troloria.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm 
Quote:
The way the last few strips read, Cupidine's world was still real, and they are now right after the jump away from the two looming anima-clouds.

Remember, it was Cupidine that injured Torg (based on what we've seen so far), so that he needed to be "unbroken" by Troloria.

that's my reading as well. i don't see gorf or mustachio standing in front of the dfa and torg's bones needed to be healed. could troloria have simulated all this? i suppose. i don't think that's what pete is trying to do.
but now troloria says she has a choice to make. to destroy or reshape the anima tapestry. she simulated what happened if she reshaped it. that's where everyone had the same anima. destroy? she doesn't have anything to help her decide that, does she?
i'm feeling confuzzled.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 am 
tube_rat wrote:
destroy? she doesn't have anything to help her decide that, does she?
i'm feeling confuzzled.

She has the memories of the sluggy gang to help her decide that, as they come from an anima-free world. And I guess their continual guidance can help her along. Or at least kill some loneliness. I'd imagine her choosing Riff first remains that strong indicator that she really is just lonely, and wasn't just a one-off joke. lol

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions